Nomura Interview: KINGDOM HEARTS 3D

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Mike, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Mike Chaser

<center><object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dxITx-e7Qzo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dxITx-e7Qzo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object></center>

A new Nomura interview has surfaced, but this time as a video, which has been uploaded to YouTube. Nintendo recently held a conference on the latest console "Nintendo 3DS". Tetsuya Nomura was able to discuss some information from KINGDOM HEARTS 3D, along with other directors who were promoting some new games for this new console.

Not much of it's content was talked about. It appears that this title "KINGDOM HEARTS 3D" is a bit different and unique from previous titles.

Also to clear up any rumors, KINGDOM HEARTS 3D doesn't mean that it's "KINGDOM HEARTS III". I've been asked a couple of times, so I assume that's our latest rumor in the world of KINGDOM HEARTS. =)

Source: Thanks to KHInsider' miiworld2 and Tєrrα for letting me know.

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Mike, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Gelatinous Ghost
      Gelatinous Ghost
      Good to know. I wonder how long it will be before any major information surrounding 3D will surface? I just read today that the 3DS is going to be released in Japan in February 2011, and subsequently in March 2011 in the US. Perhaps around this time more info will become available. I am still waiting for a release date on re:Coded for the US. That would be nice. =] ​
    2. Mixt
      Mixt
      That is when the system (Nintendo 3DS) will be released. Considering how little seems to be done on it I really doubt it will be a release title. I would love to be proven wrong, but I don't think that will happen.

Does anyone have (or want to spend a couple of minutes) to make a transcript of this video? I have crap speakers and can hardly tell what he is saying
    3. Arch
      Arch
      In a way it seems like Nomura is implying that Sora isn't the main character for this game...or something like there's something different about him in this game. He only raises more questions with each interview.
    4. Misty
      Misty
      We have included 3D in the new Kingdom Hearts game title. It also goes '3' so this implies that it may be the third iteration of Kingdom Hearts. You'll be able to see what kind of game it will be like from this tentative date. With the encounters and the contacts with others has the game's theme. You will grow with the character, with the characters in the game, but it's not Sora from who are you forbidden with this time. You realize growth with the effects of someone else. It's unique in a way, a bit of a strange system that we are trying to build this time. There are limits on the things we can do in the universe of Kingdom Hearts and the things we cannot do that I have tried with other software, starting with Kingdom Hearts, I would like to start working on many titles for the Nintendo 3DS.

That's really rough, couldn't understand some parts, but you should get the gist.
    5. Mixt
      Mixt
      Thanks a lot. I seriously couldn't get anything until he said it was a bit of a strange system. And even after that I could only hear bits and pieces, so it just wasn't making sense.

So this is still his usual vague style, raising just as many questions as he answers. What has me most curious is the comment on not playing as Sora. Considering the screen shots I was thinking it was most probable to be Sora's struggle to rearrange his memories while in the pod. Failing that I don't know who would be experiencing what we see the preview shots, namely Twilight Thorn at Traverse Town.
    6. Misty
      Misty
      I am *really* not sure if I got the forbidden word right, he said it really fast and the audio quality isn't superb, but yeah, I had the same notion as you.

He could just be talking about a Sora offspring though. :v Xion, part two.
    7. Mixt
      Mixt
      I'm thinking he said "it's not Sora, who are you familiar with, this time"
    8. Shikou
      Shikou
      Aww. Just when I thought this game would be based on what Sora was thinking or dreaming about while his year long sleep. It was a funny thought since its a dream game ahhahahahaha! XD
    9. Arch
      Arch
      That's what he said. Exactly why I said what I said in my first post here. Another data Sora? The Mysterious Figure is the real main character of this game? Sora from an alternate reality? Someone who just looks like Sora? A Sora clone? << I dunno what Nomura's playing at but it's interesting. I'm hoping for another dark story like Birth by Sleep.
    10. Hexin
      Hexin
      What if this time you're playing as a Data Riku or something? I've seen a screen-shot with Riku in Traverse town during game play. It's just a possibility, but I hope it's a new character if that's where it's leaning towards.
    11. KeybladeSpirit
      KeybladeSpirit
      You're going to be playing as both. It'll be like BBS except you alternate in-game.
    12. kingdom_hearts_loverXX
      kingdom_hearts_loverXX
      Darn it, Nomura; you made things even more confusing. :P

But yea lol, I'm really wondering what this game will be about since they asked him to make one for the 3ds and where exactly when it takes place. I'm guessing this would be out in 2012 or 2013 maybe... right now I'm anxious about the US release date for Re:coded; hehehe :]
    13. KHblader
      KHblader
      Not bad, a new double story! Since the time of CoM I loved the different stories in the same game! :P If the next will be like that, I'd be excited! :D