Dream Drop Distance No more FF characters?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by phoenixkh93, Dec 29, 2011.

1. phoenixkh93 Gummi Ship Junkie

So is Kh3d not going to have any Final fantasy characters? In the trailers their seems to just be The World Ends with you characters. I've never played TWEWY, although I'm planning to before 3D comes out. It does seem a shame not to have any FF characters in it though, now that I know and love them.
    I have a slight kinda-theory that as it's all set in a dream world separate from the original KH worlds, they use crossover chars from a different Square 'universe' if you will, to make the difference more pronounced, as opposed to the Final Fantasy characters we all know from the normal worlds. Also I know it's early days yet, there still could be room to have FF they just decided not to include in the trailers.
    But I suppose I always thought of it as a Disney/Final Fantasy crossover, when in reality it's Disney/whoeverSquarewant crossover, and they want TWEWY this time. I've gotta say, good move Square. No doubt this will boost sales of TWEWY waay up. I for one had never heard of it before now.

2. Excasr The Forgotten XIII

I doubt KH3D won't bring any FF character. Of course, I'm almost sure the Moogles will be there. And maybe Cid, and in the end, of the game, who knows? They will have to show up in the ending of the game at least.

I believe.

3. Krown King's Apprentice

I am pretty sure that they'll be in there.
    Just cause they're not in the trailers it doesnt mean that they won't be in the game.

4. phoenixkh93 Gummi Ship Junkie

Yeah I thought of that. Could be they just want to advertise the new features and characters of the game instead of showing us things they have already included in previous games that will be present. Still, I have my fingers crossed for some new FF characters, maybe from the earlier games. I know Nomura isn't comfortable with using ones he didn't originally design, but I'm hoping his Dissidia redesigns of all the mains will make him consider including them.

5. Glen Returned from the dead

There's been FF characters in every KH game so far, and it seems to work for it. I doubt they'll change it anytime soon.

6. Krowley Moderator

If there are any new final fantasy games coming out to the 3DS, I'm pretty sure some characters from those games may make a cameo.
    In BBS, Zack fair appeared and he was from the PSP game; FF7: Crisis Core.

So my hunch is that to promote any 3DS games featuring Final Fantasy may appear.

7. phoenixkh93 Gummi Ship Junkie

Have any been announced?

8. ♥♦♣♠∟uxord♥♦♣♠ Banned

Eh I've been shouting it all this time. 3D is TWEWY meets Disney. Plus if the worlds are before KH1 and we're not going to Radiant Gardens then I'm guessing there were TWEWY characters there before.

I can't think of a single one in Days.

9. Glen Returned from the dead

*cough* moogles *cough*

10. ♥♦♣♠∟uxord♥♦♣♠ Banned

Not counting second-class characters.

11. Excasr The Forgotten XIII

Poor Moogles.

I mean, there are some bosses in Days that are from FF. Or at least are based on.

12. ♥♦♣♠∟uxord♥♦♣♠ Banned

Such as what?

13. Excasr The Forgotten XIII

I recall there were more than one, but I only remember one. Beast Caslte, boss on the bridge. It looks like one of the boss from Final Fantasy... VII I believe.

14. Sir Charles of Monocles The Fault in Our Stars

I thought it was based on an enemy.

15. Excasr The Forgotten XIII

I don't remember if it was a boss or an enemy. Just remember this does have something to do with Final Fantasy.

Kingdom Hearts will not be Kingdom Hearts without Final Fantasy. =]

16. ♥♦♣♠∟uxord♥♦♣♠ Banned

It'd still be pretty cool with TWEWY though.

17. Excasr The Forgotten XIII

Yea. I think that with Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts gathered more fans and interested ones. Now they put TWEWY characters, a lot of fans suddenly shows up. Now when you think in KH3D one of things you remember is The World Ends With You, before when you heard Kingdom Hearts, one of the things you remembered was Final Fantasy.

This is what happens to me sometimes.

18. Llave Superless Moderator

Well the trailer doesn't dictate every minute detail within the game itself. We have many more worlds I can imagine that we will visit, and most likely there will be one or more FF characters in the worlds. If they showed all the perks of the game in the trailer, what would be the point of playing it?

19. Excasr The Forgotten XIII

^This.
    And more, new Worlds should be reason of New Characters from FF!

Like the FFVI FF IX other character (<-besides Vivi). I believe will come like we saw Auron or Zack. All of sudden. And then... SURPRISE!

20. Llave Superless Moderator

Well if there is any FF character that falls into some sort of slumber, maybe Lightning or someone would work well for the theme of dream.