As Designed/Not a Bug No Alerts When Munny Is Received

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Amaury, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

Not sure if this is an actual bug per se, but I would expect that when I receive munny, the red alert balloon would show up above "X Munny" on the navigation bar with new items briefly highlighted when you first open the menu, just like when you receive an alert when someone mentions you in a post, etc. and that item is briefly highlighted under "Alerts."

I did not get any notifications for these:

Munny 2.png

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
  2. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

[​IMG]

I personally feel like getting a notification every time I earn money would be very distracting and even annoying. As someone who tries to log in every day and tries to respond to as much content as I have reason to anyway, I would find it very frustrating to get an alert, check it, and see that I don't have a like or response, just that I've earned 2 munny two seconds ago.

Munny.png

I'd say I'd rather keep it the way it is. There's a clear transaction history for us to check on our munny earned, without it messing with our alerts. My personal vote goes for keeping this system.

3. Amaury Legendary Hero

That's why it would be separated. I thought I implied that, sorry. The current alerts for mentions, likes, etc. will remain in their own section on "Alerts" as is the case now. Alerts specifically for munny will appear on the "X Munny" section on the navigation bar.

As a mockup example:
    Mock.PNG

4. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

But then wouldn't it put notification bubbles on the tab for the forum until you check it? So if I'm on a different tab, I'd get a red notification on the open KHV tab and when I come to check, it would show it was just a Munny transaction. Also, if there were notifications every time you earned munny, you would have to hover over the Munny tab to 'check' your notifications before the bubble would disappear, so people would frequently have to go to the upper corner and hover over it after every single post, log in, or like received. Which, depending who you are, could be quite a lot of notifications. This is forcing something onto people who potentially don't want it (at least me, lol) just to add something I personally find completely unnecessary. The transaction history is easily available for people who want to see it, without being obtrusive or obnoxious for people who don't.

5. libregkd -

This isn't functionality built into the add-on. It also seems like it'd be a redundant notification. As you get munny from:

Posting
    Creating a Thread
    Uploading an Attachment
    Logging In

All of which you know that you did and don't need notifying that you did something. You also get munny from getting your post liked but with that, you already get a notification that someone liked your post, so you don't really need to receive a separate notification for that.

So I'm going to say no to having additional notifications for munny. If you are ever curious about your transaction history, you can view it here: https://kh-vids.net/bank/history

6. Amaury Legendary Hero

To be fair, the same could be said for the general XenForo alerts. Although I suppose there could be preferences added. Those who want munny alerts would have the option enabled; those who don't would have it disabled. Just like I have the live (tab) notifications disabled. However, now that Gerbil has said it's not built into the add-on, the point is pretty much moot.