Nintendo...

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Iskandar, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Iskandar King of Conquerors

How is it even a possibility that there are no New 3DS systems in this country that have a reasonable price? I tried every place I can think of, and these things are nowhere to be found except on amazon, at which they are priced with a minimum of $320. Also, how is it the japanese imports are actually cheaper? Probably because you can't even play english games on htem.

All I want is a new one because mine can't hold a battery charge for more than a few hours. Is that so much to ask? Nintendo better start making more at some point.

2. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

If you want a cheaper 3DS, Nintendo's got you covered.

[​IMG]

I mean... that's not how it works. You're buying FROM Japan if you're importing, so they don't care about the buyer's ability to play English games.

The ACTUAL reason is the N3DS didn't have a very large run in America. Combine that low supply with Nintendo scalpers being actual hounds and you have a demand that's being taken advantage of. In Japan, the N3DS had a very large production.

3. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

[​IMG]

There's some cheaper ones on eBay....

4. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I mean... you know what a joke is right?

You realize that those are still more than the normal $200? My point was that prices are higher than they should be. Also, ebay sucks in general.

5. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

Should work on your delivery then, wocka wocka.

Well first off, one of them isn't, and second off those are still way below the $320 you were talking. But even then "higher than they should be" isn't how the market works. Sorry.

>eBay sucks in general

I'm out.

6. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Considering I've only got $200 to use, excuse me for being annoyed that I have nowhere to buy any new model. And it doesn't help when the bidding has only 30 minutes left, nearly an hour and a half after the time has already passed. And you think I don't know how the market works? Sorry, but you don't need to increase the normal price by 50% to make a profit. People are just greedy.

I'm just annoyed it's impossible for me to replace something that I'm getting almost no use out of at this point without keeping charged in.

7. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

Why don't you just replace the battery if you're on that tight a budget instead of trying a buy an item that's in high demand and low supply????

>people are just being greedy

No, they're raising the price because they bought it at full retail and now that retail isn't supplying it anymore, they can charge whatever a consumer will pay for and asking for $50 profit after holding onto it in perfect condition is actually pretty tolerable.

These guys aren't GameStop. They didn't order in bulk from Nintendo.

8. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

9. Iskandar King of Conquerors

maybe because the analog is getting worn down too, as well as the buttons. Not too mention some screws on the back got stripped, so I can't even replace the battery. Just because I said the battery was low doesn't mean there aren't other reasons. It's just a big one.

Ah, so he's a mind-reader now. That's good to know. First off, I said 50%, which out of $200 is 100, which is most of what these guys are charging. Adding to that, asking for a hundred extra dollars even for a new handheld isn't tolerable. Or are you willing to pay that much for something that needs replacing even when you don't have the money?

10. cstar stay away from my waifu

my laptop broke this summer and I had to either spend over the amount I payed for the laptop in parts, or buy a new one.

now, a laptop is more of a "necessity" but if something breaks, you buy a new one or buy replacement parts. that's how it works if you want something so bad.

also, 3ds aren't falling from favor yet, you're gonna have to pay a little more no matter what. if you want a cheap alternative, by a game boy color.

11. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

So this went from "it just won't hold a charge, gosh!" and "I hardly use it!" to actual wear and tear.

>I said 50%

Who said I was responding to that and not the actual prices I linked you that're $260~? I'm legit only trying to help you out here. Don't know why you wanna get antagonistic but I mean, if you wanna play then...

>Asking for $100 isn't tolerable
    >Are you willing to pay that much for something if you don't have the money???

No because I don't have the money, or I'd use a credit card if I needed it replaced. But getting new screws, a new battery, and a new circle pad is much easier and more rewarding if you're on a budget. I'd also accept I'm on a budget and go for a 2DS and not expect the market to bend to my budget needs. You know, maybe shop around a bit. Not exclude an item that's cheaper on eBay because it's on eBay? Js.

Also, it clearly is tolerable to people because those items are SELLING at those prices. It's just not tolerable TO YOU.

12. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

^

13. Iskandar King of Conquerors

what I'm gonna have to do is wait till next week or so and see if people actually get some back in stock. Supposedly Amazon says it's out of stock and will get some on January 18th or 19th, so I'm hoping that means other people will get them too and prices will fall. If not, I'm going to have to do a lot more surveys.

14. Amaury Legendary Hero

In order to make it a profit, stores must sell for more than they paid. So a pack of chocolate chip cookies costs $3.89 at Fred Meyer here. Well, I'm sure they actually spent less than that, but they have to mark it up. The only thing I'm not sure of is by what percentage of the original price do they mark it up.

15. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

He's talking Amazon though which is just average joes selling though the percentage is higher, especially since the only competition is other average joes.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  16. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

"Ebay sucks in general" is my favorite inexperienced ebay user catchphrase.

17. Korosu Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

i love it when threads go in this direction.