Nintendo Nintendo Switch (NX) Releasing March 2017

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by libregkd, Apr 27, 2016.

1. libregkd -

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
  2. libregkd -

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  3. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

[​IMG]

The NX is now officially titled the Nintendo Switch, slated for a March 2017 release!

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  4. Arch Mana Knight

The modular design and tablet-esque look of the screen are both really cool...as well as how sleek it looks. While it's cool that the Switch seems to be getting third-party support it's a good idea to remember that this is Nintendo and eventually other developers will most likely forget about them and abandon the Switch in a year. It's a fair guess to say that the specs will be lower than the base PS4 or X1 but the fact that it's portable really is a plus. Still...I'd like to see some numbers soon.

5. Fearless A good and beautiful child

I think the Switch definitely has a lot of promise, more than the WiiU anyway, and I can see a lot of possibilities for it.

But, it almost feels like Nintendo is going to try to replace handhelds entirely? Which I don't think is going to happen. The thing about the 3DS is that it's small and fits in pockets and purses really easily, and the Switch looks like it might be too big to do that?

Tl;dr, it looks neat but I think I'd have to wait and see more before I put all my chickens into it.

6. libregkd -

7. Cloud3514 Kingdom Keeper

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
    The reason it's Skyrim probably has more to do with Skyrim Remastered being Bethesda's next big release than anything. Regardless, seeing as they're basically going with a handheld first strategy with the Switch, I'm more confident that they'll be able to hold onto third party support than usual. Really my only complaints are the size of the device, which I think might be a bit too big and the apparent lack of backwards compatibility, even to 3DS.

8. libregkd -

9. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

The Switch is confirmed not to be backwards compatible with Wii U discs, which is to be expected given the Switch uses game cartridges. (Speaking of, it's also confirmed not to be compatible with 3DS cartridges.)

x

10. Cloud3514 Kingdom Keeper

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

11. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Reggie Fils-Amie guest-starred on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon last night, where they showed off the Switch and demoed some of Breath of the Wild.

(The video embed should be timestamped to where the Switch stuff starts.)

12. Zgermanguy Destiny Islands Resident

"Choo choo" the hype train is leaving the station in 5 minutes! All on board for the 2017 Hype train!

13. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

A special live presentation of the Switch will occur on January 12 at 8:00pm PT. This presentation is speculated to include launch details such as price and available software. The presentation will stream live on Nintendo's official website.

source

14. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

The Japanese website for the Switch has updated in preparation for the special presentation next week.

UPDATE: Nintendo has additionally announced that the Treehouse will be going in-depth into the games announced in the presentation in a live presentation at 9:30am ET the next morning! This Treehouse stream will be available to watch on Nintendo's YouTube and Twitch channels.

UPDATE 2: The US Switch website has also updated.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  15. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

I made a bingo board for the event just for kicks:

switchmas bingo.png

16. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

The presentation on the 12th is slated to be an hour long, if anyone was wondering on that front, since it does take place at 11pm ET.

17. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

Do you mean AM

omg you don't mean AM.

18. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Unfortunately, I do not.

19. Plums Wakanda Forever

There was some speculation going around that the Switch would be around 25,000 Yen (~$214), which was later proved to be a mistranlsation that was also misattributed (it was from a speculation column).

That said, I can see them going $250 for the Switch (even if I'd personally prefer $199, but I can wait for a deal lol), which is pretty reasonable considering the hybrid factor they're going for.

20. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

This post will update live with the announcements from the presentation.
    • About ten minutes left!
    • Launching March 3 for $299.99!
    • Nintendo Switch will have an online service that's free until fall 2017.
    • No region locking!
    • Battery life will range from 2.5-6.5 hours.
    • Wi-Fi confirmed ofc.
    • Up to eight systems can connect for local wireless.
    • Joycons have a share button and an NFC reader built in, joysticks that can press down, ABXY, LR, along with motion control and rumble.
    • Joycons will come in multiple colors and have straps available.
    • 1, 2, Switch! announced, a two-player party game. You play the various minigames with a Joycon each by watching your opponent. Will be a launch title.
    • Arms announced, a one-on-one fighting game where players use a Joycon in each hand. Characters fight using extendable arms. You can play single player, local split screen, multiplayer with multiple consoles, or online. Releases in spring.
    • Splatoon 2 announced. Features local and online multiplayer, new weapons, new outfits, new stages, etc. Releases in summer.
    • Super Mario Odyssey announced, a 3D Mario sandbox-like platformer. It features familiar lifelike locales in addition to the typical fantastic ones. Mario's hat is alive and can be thrown a la Oddjob. Releases this holiday season.
    • Xenoblade 2 announced.
    • Fire Emblem Warriors announced.
    • Dragon Quest X and Dragon Quest XI mentioned.
    • Dragon Quest Heroes I & II announced.
    • Shin Megami Tensei V announced.
    • Project Octopath Traveler announced, a brand-new RPG by Square Enix.
    • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Special Edition confirmed.
    • No More Heroes 3* announced. (*actual title not yet decided, but it's a new game featuring Travis Touchdown)
    • EA Sports FIFA announced.
    • Project Sonic 2017, Minecraft, Rayman, Dragon Ball, Rime, Mario Kart, Street Fighter, Nobunaga's Ambition, Lego City Undercover and others all seen in a sizzle reel.
    • The Switch bundle will come with the Switch itself, two Joycons, Joycon wriststraps, the dock, an HDMI cable, an AC adapter, and a Joycon Grip. Two bundles will be released: one with standard grey Joycons, and one with a red Joycon and a neon blue Joycon.
    • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild will release at launch.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017