Nine dead in Omaha mall shooting

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Jade Rhade, Dec 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade Rhade King's Apprentice

Just saw this a few minutes ago as I signed on...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071205/ap_on_re_us/mall_shooting_28

2. Repliku Chaser

Wow..how tragic. =:/

I am interested in what they find out about this shooter and where he came from and just what caused such a decision to make such a calamity happen. How dreadful.

3. O R A N G E C is the heavenly option

between an erupting earth and an exploding sky
    More and more shootings keep on happening.

It's so sad that people keep on doing this.

I too am interested in finding out the shooter's motives were.

4. Crumpet In your shadow, I can shine!

wow - thats sad

8 dead - thats really tragic

but has bush gone back?, i mean this isn't gonna be another rascist thing like hurricane katrina

5. Nymph of Destiny Chaser

Wow, this really...terrible...I wonder what the shooter's true incentive...

6. Enigmatic Boy Twilight Town Denizen

I heard about this today. This is...really sad and devastating.

His incentives will probably be what all the other shooters' incentives were. What I'm saying is, he must've been driven mad with despair, or sadness and anger. He would've wanted to release it of course, and this is how he chose his way. ​

7. Fruity~ Hollow Bastion Committee

Woah, nowadays human seems to be more violent. :/
    I wonder whats wrong with the shooter...

8. Inasuma "pumpkin"

Hid in the stalls of the shopping mall? xD

Well, I suppose that'd be a good place to hide... at least the robber got stopped at some point.

9. Cherry Berry Chaser

How terribly unfortunate. What possessed the shooter's mind to do that in the first place?

10. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

11. Repliku Chaser

Well here's the latest news on it I found.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/06/u...=click&WT.mc_id=GN-S-E-GG-NA-S-omaha_shooting
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/12/05/national/main3579871.shtml?source=RSSattr=HOME_3579871

In the short: The guy was 19 or 20, from Bellevue, who was named Robert A Hawkins. He was depressed severely because he had lost his job at McDonalds earlier in the day. He got the gun from his dad's house earlier in the week, and about an hour before he shot everyone, he called the woman who he was taking care of him to say he was sorry and all and she could not get him to come home. Seems also he had bad times with his family and was staying with two other adults who had taken him in, and his girlfriend broke up with him 2 weeks ago. The police reported finding a suicide note on him after the incident.

The guy really seemed to have luck against him, and may have even tried out for the army to get out of his life issues and get something more positive but was denied. This may be why he was wearing camouflage and military sorts of stuff when he went to the mall. In the suicide note it was reported to say "Now I'll be famous". He dropped out of high school and in that year, his family kicked him out of the house. He moved in with the Korvacs' who had two teenage boys that were his friends after going to a few places allegedly. The Korvacs knew he was depressed but said he seemed to be getting better and well, who wouldn't be after his string of bad luck? He also reportedly had some issues with drinking and smoking marijuana, though it seems drinking was the bigger thing than any drugs were.

Seems the guy just finally couldn't take life anymore and snapped in rage and frustration. Very tragic.

12. Roxas is Hot I'd lick his Sea Salt stick anytime. ♥

Gee, those are some great excuses to kill yourself. Become a homeless in San Diego, you ****ing bum.

But honestly, I think the media should DROP IT. I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but being fameous after this incident is what he wanted. And isn't giving when the ******* wanted even if he IS dead bad?

13. Patsy Stone Мать Россия

I was pleased to notice at the end of the BBC article that the Supreme Court is going to consider Americans' right to bear arms early next year for the first time in nearly 70 years. Maybe then they will realise they have been far to lenient.

This has to stop, it is getting embarassing.

14. Princess Snow White I feel such an isomniac.

Um.....where's Omaha?

15. JedininjaZC Hollow Bastion Committee

How ironic, he killed eight people, then the ninth was himself.
    Very tragic indeed.

16. Repliku Chaser

Omaha is in Nebraska.

17. Princess Snow White I feel such an isomniac.

Thank you, just wanted to know.

18. Hakurei Reimu Take my hand. And then I'll fly with you right up

That's a real strange thing to do...I hope they get further into the case...=/

19. Laurence_Fox Chaser

I've also heard he was a regular at a certain website that I'd rather not say the name of here. Don't want the little impressionable kiddies there of all places.

I didn't even hear about this until this morning. It's really a perfect time of year for a mall shooting, everyone's out shopping and not really paying attention to shifty figures. Wonder if it'll affect people's shopping?

20. Jade Rhade King's Apprentice

You know, I had the feeling he was going to end up blaming it on his family. They always do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.