Night Angel Trilogy

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Loxare, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

I've mentioned this series in other threads before, but I wanted to make an official thread about it. The three books follows a guild rat by the name of Azoth who wants to become apprenticed to the ultimate killer, a wetboy (in this context meaning an assassin with magic) named Durzo Blint. Azoth renames himself Kylar Stern after he gets his apprenticeship. The books are long, each at least 600 pages, and a few people I know found them boring because they're incredibly political. They're also not books to be read by the... "immature" is the best term I can come up with. The trilogy is filled with swearing, graphic violence and rather explicit sexual references. A good memory also helps when reading these books. There's a character who gets a single page of speaking lines in the first book who becomes a rather important character in the third.

Honestly though, the books are great reads. Kylar faces both internal and external conflict as he questions his new way of life but is too good a fighter to stop. The books incorporate religion, culture, humour (mostly morbid humour), love and lust, and politics seamlessly. I honestly think that a good number of you will love the books. I personally do and have reread them at least eight times.

2. Willis Traverse Town Homebody

I've never read them (or even heard of them), but after reading your post and doing a little Google-ing, I'm honestly very interested. I'll probably pick up the first book in a week, cuz I plan on having read the 2nd and 3rd Hunger Games books by then, and will need something else to do. I'll post again once I've read them and give my honest opinion.

But it sounds like just the kind of series I've been looking for. ;D

3. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

Me too, I've read them. I got them for Christmas a few years back and I couldn't stop reading once I started. I loved Durzo...he was such a good wetboy. (I almost called him an assassin....he'd have killed me for that...) I cry every time I read them though...Kylar is amazing.

4. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

I saw a classmate reading them and the way she described them, I just had to read them! In two years, I've read them more often than any other series. This may sound cliche, but really, they made me laugh, cry, roll my eyes and want to kill someone (mainly Rat...). And holy crap that ending. I wish there could be more but it's perfect as is.

5. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

Loved these books.
    I got them when they were newly released and... it happened to be a week before I went on Holiday...
    So obviously... I intended to read them ON holiday...
    that never happened. I devoured all of them within the week I bought them. I just couldn't put them down until I had eventually finished all 3.

This is one of the best series I've ever read.

On another note. If you love these books by Brent Weeks, I highly recommend his new series 'The Lightbringer Trilogy.'
    Albeit, so far only 'The Black Prism' is out.

6. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

I have read "Black Prism" and can't wait until the next one comes out. Until then, I shall have to re-read the Night Angel Trilogy. And have done so at least six times since I read "Black Prism".