Nicknames

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Magick, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

When I used to live in the US, I was known more by my nickname then my actual name because most people had trouble with the pronunciation and after a while, I just got tired of correcting them and I told everybody to call me "Ed" and it stuck. Even my parents call me by my nickname unless they're trying to get my attention or being serious. My friends liked to come up with variations of Ed so I would be called Edward, Eduardo, Edmund, Eddy, and even Double D among various other nicknames as well.

Although now that I live in Brazil again, everybody knows how to say my name and I'm called it more often. I've come to miss my old nickname now although I have gained a lot of new nicknames. The most common one since I got here is "American" or some variation since I used to live in the US. It's mostly said playfully but I don't really like being called it too often. More often I'm annoyed at being called it by people I don't know well enough or I'm not close to but if it's a friend or family member, I let it slide since it's usually said playfully.

2. The Graceful Assassin It's Just Like Christmas Morning

Me and my friends were being idiots and gave each other the most ******ed nicknames for when we played basketball. I was called "Noahinator." Embarrassing as it sounds now, it was a good laugh back then.

3. Amaury Legendary Hero

No, but I have nicknames my friends came up with at school, which are either Aums or Aumdaddy.

4. Soap Hollow Bastion Committee

Parents had nicknames for me that shall never be spoken ever again. And then one year at scout camp, one of the instructors there gave all us guys girls names, mine was tanya. Then I have been "Taytay the Ganster" at scout camps. And then me and my friends were like high on air or something, because one of my friends became Super Ra, and I was Super Anubis.........don't ask. And on xbox live, I go by wolf.

5. Aelin Best Waifu

i have some great nicknames (not) i got the nick name turret mouth from my brother when i was little. my dad calls me gabbs, or dude. my aunt calls me i bag, and her sister calls me scabby. then my friend call me gibby at school. the last one i hate the most. oh yeah and then there is gabs.alot because it is part of my email adress that my friend made for me. why can't they just call me by my real name???

6. jafar custom title

my parents and family never gave me nicknames. my mom would call me baby names some times (still does, actually.)

Only my friends give me nicknames. They started calling me Diamond Dickery recently.

7. (╯°□°)╯︵ ıɥsoɯ Hollow Bastion Committee

I do have nickname but they are not too embarrassing. People usually tend to use my real name however to come up with them.

A few are: Lan, Lizard, and Lele. There's more but I don't feel like naming them all. But I do enjoy having nicknames very much.

8. Mysty Unknown

I was called a few things. By my parents I was called Bryceroni
    By friends I was called Brycycle and by one guy was called Whirlwind.

9. flowergothic Twilight Town Denizen

Ever since my younger brother could talk, I had a pretty odd nickname.
    He couldn't pronounce "Sissy", so he kept calling me "Kiki".
    And even though he can say sister nowadays (with him being 2 years younger than me), my parents and (a few) members of my family still sometimes call me that today.

10. Going Down In Flames2001 Merlin's Housekeeper

My real name Gemma or gem for short. I get called Gembells by my whole family which is kind of embarrasing ^^;
    My mates call me Gentleman cause i'm always dressing smartly in trousers and wearing cool 'Blues' Hats XD
    In school however it's geek, swot, nerd, loner, outcast or oddball. -_-

11. FallenHeartless Merlin's Housekeeper

i have plenty of embarrising nicknames... like lolly... wolly and squinky -_-

12. flowergothic Twilight Town Denizen

Oh... In my home room last year, there were two "Julia"s. And since the ssecond Julia was older than me, everyone in my homeroom started calling me "Other Julia". At least I got used to it very quickly...

13. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

My grandmother used to call me Shoogie. Now that I think about it, I have no idea why. She doesn't do it much anymore, though. Probably because she's the only one who bothers to read my mood and she knows I'm having enough trouble thinking of myself as an adult.

Other than that, nothin'. My name doesn't really convert into a nickname. Only two syllables, not much of a name at all.