No Thanks New user group.

Discussion in 'Feedback & Assistance' started by kitty_mckechnie, Aug 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laurence_Fox Chaser

I agree with the drunk.

Also, it will just lead to more *****ing from the first couple of platinums when there is an explosion of new platinums like happened with Premium. Only instead of 'There's too many Premiums' it will be 'There's too many Platinums.' Different wording same tune.

All I can see from this is just an inflated ego and bragging rights. I don't see the point.

2. GhettoXemnas literally dead inside

Finaly an admin who says things I like.
    I see >,>
    Is there anyway to make it so premiums can also use html? I've tried using what ever the **** you call the other kind of code and it was epic fail.

3. Radiowave ITSA PIIINCH

woot, my idea is finally coming into to plan...

*joker's voice*

"its all according to plan..HAHAHAHAHAHAH"

~ahem.

Well I wouldnt mind it. Im starting to get annoyed at all these people who want to change prem requirements just because more prems are coming. T~T. I say yes. Keep those oldies happy. Leave the newbies alone.

4. Princess Luna Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

I still say what I'd said last time about a new rank... NO. It's only ANOTHER chance for post whoring and flaring egotism. It won't help the site, nor the members. It'll only motivate everyone to reach the "new status"... then there will be noting left of the whatever dignity that's left in this forum. Seriously, does this higher ranking thing really make a difference? Give it a 2-3 years, and you all will be wanting yet ANOTHER rank higher than Platinum. Today there's way "too many" premiums, soon there will be "too many" platinums as well. That's BOUND to happen as the years pass by and we continue to grow and increase in members. That should be a given cause. Really guys, just leave it as is. I honestly don't think that we need another level of hierarchy to urge on the ego of the members here. We already have enough with the premium titles, we don't need to contribute to the whole ranking system some more.

5. Crumpet In your shadow, I can shine!

that sounds awesome - gives me something else to work for - give me the challenge woop woop

I mean there are a lot of prems and i guess it is easy to get if you think about it so I'm up for it.

6. Shuhbooty moon child

That sounds awesome... but I agree with Kitty On the rep I's say like 1000. Post counts are easy to get... along side with rep... xD

But it's something to work for here, something new. :3

7. Arc Kingdom Keeper

I agree, platinum is unneeded, at this point at least. I kinda like the idea of a platinum arcade though....I think we should look into something along those lines with the next site upgrade. as well as a few other things I have bouncing around in my head.(I'll post about those as they become organized)

8. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

Ok, no plat, but some new prem features would be awesome.

What happened with the arcade anyway?

9. P Banned

Okay, you should add more. Sure we will get a ranking system, and an ego booster. Isn't that the idea?

In five years, we will have a few more plats that we would in a few months. So? It requires a fair amount of dedication to become premium. To become platinum would mean a complete offering of body and soul to these pages. It would not be achievable by simply being a member for a bit. You would need to actively aim for it.

10. reptar REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

dahhhh of youre when i am like 30/40 posts away from premmy, oh well gotta work even harder xD

11. Repliku Chaser

I don't see why the arcade button isn't back yet so that people can go there in the first place. But if it was made for Premies or Platinums to see, that's fine too. It would just be nice to have it back at all. I liked using it when I was bored.

The other thing could possibly be allowing HTML in platinum the same way as staff has. Those would be two benefits and well otherwise there isn't so much to offer anymore to Premies or Platinums and we kind of all need to accept this is after all, just a forum. We come here to talk so expecting tons of benefits is not really a great thing to do. I don't see what's wrong with a platinum level really but at the same time if it doesn't happen that's just as fine and some things could just go for Premiums instead like the Arcade. Good idea.

12. GhettoXemnas literally dead inside

Yes, bring the arcade back. That and HTML in our user titles should be benefits of prem since we really don't have jack ****.

13. Radiowave ITSA PIIINCH

ok ok ok...noob moment here...everyone ready?

what was the arcade like???

did you have random flash games or something or was it different??

14. cronoking Chaser

Tetris, pac-man, asteroids. That kind of stuff~

15. Explode Who?!

*sigh* I miss the arcade...Is there a reason that it was never put back up after it crashed?

16. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

I don't like the idea. I think Prem is enough the Tiers of the forum seem to be fine as it is.

Admin: Super Special Awesome Person
    Mod: Great person
    Premmy: 1000/100 (must be kina popular)
    Norm (me YAY): 0/0

People who are popular enough or have high enough post counts to become platinum either are staff, were staff or will be staff at some point. Also it would be even more scary for new members:

"oh she's Platinum so everyone likes her, I'll never be that popular, I just won't try"

And think of all of the people who just got premier:

"I just posted 1000 times and made all of these siggys (just an example) and what do I get? another 1500 posts to get and 1900 rep? F*** it I'm leaving."

I just don't like the idea.

17. Explode Who?!

He's got a point, there's more of a social hierarchy with a new group. This site does a good job about keeping status and respect seperate, but it might not be good for the mentality of members who just joined, or have been working towards premium for a long time. Maybe we can have somthing special for premiums without a new user group. As an example, we can add on a new feature for when they've been premium for a certain amount of time.

18. Catch the Rain As the world falls down ♥

Hmmm actually premiums have quite a lot and they have a **** load more than the majority of people when they first got prem. So lol stop complaining that you have nothing because you have a hell of a lot more than what is given on some sites.

Of course if you really feel you have nothing we could always remove all the advantages of prem. Which would mean no more name changes, no more bigger avatars, no more bigger sigs, no more section, no more user titles, no more coloured name and so on.

We are always looking at new things for the prem members because at the end of the day you have earned it, but saying you have nothing is bullshit :\

Anyways, I actually like the idea of Platinum Members D: but since it isn't in favour then I wont push for it at this stage.

As for the arcade, the reason we don't have a button for it is because of a design fault on the skin. It does still exist and you can get to it via a link, but the sin we have doesn't have the button for it. I know it sucks but hopefully this will be taken into consideration when we get the next skin.

I'm going to lock this for now as it has tangented off onto what can we do for prems and we already have a thread for that in prem section.

Also, Prems wont be getting coloured user titles, at least not at this stage. Sorry D:

I also do see the point about adding a new layer to social hierarchy, and I think that is a good point. However on the flip side of that, KHV isnt as elitist as it used to be. Members definitely mix more than they used to and I don't see hierarchy as big a dea as it once wasl. Or maybe that's just me because I will talk to anyone *can't stop rambling and doesn't know when to shut up*

~locked~

19. Scott Pilgrim Banned

I'm not sure...

...if this has been said before, but why don't we have Platinum Members AND Premium Members?

20. The Fuk? Dead

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.