No Thanks New user group.

Discussion in 'Feedback & Assistance' started by kitty_mckechnie, Aug 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chad Thundercucc The dharma of valvu; the dream of a clatoris

Really, DA speaks the truth. And they wouldn't get anything as they would when they were Premium except a different colored username and later on there's gonna be another usergroup and another and another since the site grows and more people post and get rep and will acheive those requirements. So let's keep things as it is now.

2. Peyton Goddess Of Love ♥

I partly agree with DA, thought I like the idea a tad since it'd at least be something for those who feels like they've been prem in forever. It'd be a fun addition to at least get something new.
    But it'd just like to point out that I think the rep requirement is ridicilous, not everyone get 100 rep a day you know and it'd encourage rep whoring. *no offense, doesn't try to sound mean at all*
    And after that is said, I partly agree with DA a little more.

3. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

Sayin' it like that DA you can make absolutely anythin' sounds like a bad idea. Aye, the site is expandin' n' it is inevitable that we have more prems, but i don't think that is a reason to stop the user groups from expandin'. In fact, i see it as a reason to add more user groups. You have to give somethin' for members to aim for.
    The reason i suggested 2,500 posts n' 1000 rep is 'cause it's not easy to achieve. It will take members ages to reach it. It will give prems somethin' to aim for.

Rep whorin' will always be 'round. The staff can't do anythin' 'bout it cause most members are inconspicuous when they whore.

4. SplitOverload Chaser

2500 posts? Holy ****.

And rep...omg. That is high as hell. To the black market then =\

5. Repliku Chaser

I don't mind the idea for platinum membership but it wouldn't be anything special and would just be more a way of saying someone's been around for some time, obviously longer than premies. I also don't think rep should be any kind of factor in it but instead make it so members with 2500 posts become platinum if it's going to happen. 100 rep is used for premium and rep would just be ridiculously hounded after more than it is. It's far better in my opinion to just go with a large number of posts, be it 2000 or 2500 or something to mark a platinum member if it should happen. Yes, there may be some post whoring, but there are mods/admins etc who can deal with it if it becomes too much a problem. That's why we have a delete button and also warnings and bannings if it gets too out of hand. People all know the rules by now.

6. Inasuma "pumpkin"

That's pretty hard to accomplish, Kitty.

Why not just cut the rep and make it 3000 posts or something?

7. Xaale Sylph of Hope

I am up for the idea of 2,000 posts and 1,500 rep ;D How 'bout it? I think it's better then 2,500 posts and 1,000 rep.

8. SpazticFantaztic >:3 Kingdom Keeper

so is this a thing yet?

9. Inasuma "pumpkin"

That's... probably worse, actually.

If we're still discussing it probably not. lol

10. reptar REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

xD i gotta work even harder then if this is agreed

11. cronoking Chaser

Platinum sounds cool, but is there really a point? I mean, if you have ideas for awesome things towards platinum members, I think those would be best used for premium members. Because we totally have nothing at the moment and it'd be nice to make it so that people actually feel a sense of accomplishment when they reach premium status instead of a slight disappointment lol. Not that premium itself is essential or anything, but I still think we should be laying a steady foundation as opposed to trying to build up from scraps~

12. Cia (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*.✧*.✧

i r 4 dis eyedeeuh.

si, concur'd.

13. JellyBeing ALL. THE. BUTTS.

I don't see a point. :/ Lots of people will whore their way up, then you'll all be complaining again about the high number of... NOW PLATINUMS! Oooooo, sparkle, sparkle.
    Yeah... no.

Nay, I say, nay.

It's a vicious cycle, suck it up.

omfg, serious post. o:

14. GhettoXemnas literally dead inside

I like his idea. Why get plat when we can just upgrade our own swag? Just through some new **** into prem *cough*coloredusertitles*cough*

15. Luka Deafening silence

only admins can have html in their usertitles like i stated before ^-^

16. GhettoXemnas literally dead inside

Why ? D:

17. Luka Deafening silence

i don't know rvr told me so o.o

18. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

hm...i agree with you there.

19. Darkandroid Gets it Together

Members shouldn't need things to aim for like that. If I came to a forum just so I could get become a new usergroup I would want to get my priority's changed. People come to forums to post about things they like, have fun and be a part of a community. If everyone only came to become premium it will be one dull forum.

Getting premiums more features is more important, since at the moment it's quite lacklustered. We hope to sort it out in the future, when we expand the site more.

I dunno, it's just something that's admins have, we can use html in it.

20. Inasuma "pumpkin"

I'm pretty sure you mean 2500 posts and 1000 rep.

Way to blow it out of proportion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.