Dream Drop Distance New opening song?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by Sanya, Oct 24, 2011.

1. libregkd -

2. ShibuyaGato Transformation

I have to agree. Some themes can make an impact while just being instrumental -coughDearlyBelovedcough- and I think it'd be a nice change from the usual songs in the opening FMV.

3. May Kitsune Destiny Islands Resident

The thing is though that Utada Hikaru already said that if there WAS a third game that she wouldn't be singing the song or creating it for that matter. Strange I know... I remember this soon after KH2 came out so i'm not sure if my information is still correct or not... So no one freak out! >.<'' She could have changed her mind! But yeah Simple and Clean and Sanctuary are pretty old and over-used if you asked me -.-' even though they ARE AMAZING songs they're just too over used... :[

4. Glen Returned from the dead

In my opinion, the KH games just wouldn't feel the same if they didn't open with dearly beloved. I've become that used to them that anything else for an opening theme would be...wrong? i guess. Ending themes don't bother me too much really, just as long as i have a good song to listen to at the end of it. I listen to Sanctuary and Simple and Clean all the time when i'm not playing games, and i still like it just as much as i do when i started playing the games.

5. The Graceful Assassin It's Just Like Christmas Morning

I really hope they'll be a new song. I am getting sick of listening to Simple and Clean. Hopefully Square or Hikaru won't get lazy on us.

6. Llave Superless Moderator

I would be enraged if they took out "Dearly Beloved." But that isn't owned by Utada, therefore it's not a dilemma, plus they mix it up in every game so it's kind of fresh.

I personally wouldn't mind if they just pick a Japanese song and use that for both versions, Or and English song for both versions (Sure the Japanese Fanbase would like that better) Or Pick two different songs, a Japanese single for Japan and an English Single for the English versions.

7. StVen Merlin's Housekeeper

Personally, I am sick and tired listening to the same songs over and over. Don't get me wrong, the songs are nice but it is just pain listening to it over and over again. I want something new. I don't really care who sings it as long as it is applicable to KH. :) If i had to pick I would like her to sing the new KH theme song:

[video=youtube;iU2_yfDWZzE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU2_yfDWZzE[/video]

8. EvilMan_89 Code Master

i would love a new opening song. i myself love Simple and Clean but it's been used too many times now. i was expecting this for Birth by Sleep and was sadly disappointed. hoping that Dream Drop Distance has a new song.

9. Llave Superless Moderator

Somehow I doubt that, If anything, 3D would have Simple and Clean so that if KHIII is next in line, I could see they would rather have Sanctuary for that.

I would love a new song, but I think it would have to be from Utada, since it would just be different if it wasn't.

10. smeen Destiny Islands Resident

Utada Hikaru is on indefinete hiatus. The chances that she will make a new track are very, very slim. And a lot of her songs are already licenced for other projects. (Like Beautiful World, it's tied to Eva.)

I think that if there will be a different opening song, it'll be sung by a different artist. Not sure if Squeenix and Disney want to risk it.

11. Excasr The Forgotten XIII

Well, I agree that Simple and Clean/Hikari and Sanctuary/Passion are getting a little... old. I would like to listen something new in Kingdom Hearts, doesn't matter if it's Utada Hikaru or doesn't. For Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance, I don't know why but I think they will use Simple and Clean... again..

I hope they use something new in futures Kingdom Hearts. Something that we see and screem "OMG, THIS IS NEW AND PERFECT-LY FITS WITH KINGDOM HEARTS!". Just like the reaction we had in Kingdom Hearts II Opening, Sanctuary (in the first time, of course); though Simple and Clean in Kingdom Hearts I give me good memories like the first time I heard it.

12. Shikou Kingdom Keeper

I dont really mind hearing "Hikari/Simple and Clean" and "Passion/Sanctuary".
    I have a gut feeling we will be hearing "Passion/Sanctuary" in Dream Drop Distance.
    It is possible Utada Hikaru might have changed her mind by now because she has so many fans outside of Japan because of Kingdom Hearts in my opinion.
    Kingdom Hearts wouldn't be the same without her. She has done a wonderful job but she had stated it is hard translating Japanese to English to make the English version lyrics fit and make sense.
    Solution? Keep the Japanese song in the versions outside Japan before she gets a break down due to pressure. Square for once kept the original Japanese song for "The 3rd Birthday" (PSP game) called "Eyes On Me" by Superfly. Why not keep doing the same for upcoming games so Utada Hikaru would stay with us a little longer?

13. Llave Superless Moderator

This is what I was thinking too. If they needed something new, but keep it Utada, then just use a Japanese song and don't translate it. That's kind of like Crisis Core: FFVII was like with "Why" by Ayaka.

Course, I can see some people complaining that it isn't in English...

14. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

I wouldn't object to Final Distance or Exodus as theme songs. They both already have peppy pop versions and slow pretty versions. :3

(...But I'd really prefer Final Distance. So heart-meltingly good... </3)

15. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Seeing as how Simple & Clean was used 4 times while Sanctuary was used twice, I would really like DDD to use Sanctuary so that there's a better balance between the usage of the 2 songs, then get a new song for KH3, with or without Utada

16. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

That, too.

But, FINAL DISTANCE ;_;

17. awesomeperson Destiny Islands Resident

i think a new song would do or some another personto sing the new one instead of utada, if there was a new song

18. Saxima [screams geometrically]

While I do agree that FINAL DISTANCE would be a good song for the Kingdom Hearts series, I think that it's too slow.

I mean, I know that Hikari and Passion aren't exactly fast, but they did well, and also something a little more recent would be nice.

19. Shikou Kingdom Keeper

I would like to hear "Be My Last" by Utada in a KH opening. The music video for it fits the song and KH.
    2 best friends since childhood meet again as adults. I think it is perfect for KH.

20. Skygazelily Merlin's Housekeeper

Oh wow, never heard of that song, Kira!

I honestly love Sanctuary as well as Simple and Clean, and wouldn't mind hearing them in Dream Drop Distance. For the third installment of KH, though, I think it's only fitting that it be given a song. After all, each "Major" KH game had its own theme song. KH1 Simple and Clean... KHII Sanctuary...