Nintendo New Nintendo 2DS XL announced

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by . : tale_wind, Apr 28, 2017.

1. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Last night, Nintendo announced the latest addition to their 3DS hardware lineup, the New Nintendo 2DS XL. The system eschews the original 2DS's slate-like design for the traditional folding design of the rest of the 3DS family, and adds the various functionalities of the New Nintendo 3DS--a built-in amiibo reader, additional shoulder buttons, a second analog stick, and greater processing power. The system will also have the same screen size as the New Nintendo 3DS XL, while being lighter than the New Nintendo 3DS XL. And the New 2DS XL still leaves out the stereoscopic 3D effect.

The system will be available only in the turquoise and black color option in North America, while the rest of the world will also have an orange and white color option.

The New Nintendo 2DS XL will launch this summer--June 15 in Australia and New Zealand, July 13 in Japan, and the rest of the world on July 28. The system's MSRP will be $149.99 USD/$199.99 CAD/$199.95 AUD/¥14,980.

2. Dravoo Traverse Town Homebody

So a new model? I figured the handheld section would slow down or have something new with the Switch which is both console & handheld.

3. Airi Ban King's Apprentice

So, we're estimating around what? £130? I'm sold.

4. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Although I hated the design of the original 2DS, this new version of it looks so much better, making it feel like an actual member of the 3DS family of handheld consoles as opposed to a door stopper (seriously, who designed that thing?!). If I didn't already have a 3DS, I would've seriously considered buying this.

5. Cloud3514 Kingdom Keeper

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
    Stripped down last gen handheld released shortly after the current generation handheld with a lower price point targeting an audience that doesn't want to spring for the much more expensive alternative? What we have here is a repeat of the Game Boy Micro.

6. Dravoo Traverse Town Homebody

haha I forgot about the micro! That was a weird year.