New Kingdom Hearts III and Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Screenshots

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by libregkd, Nov 3, 2015.

1. libregkd -

Disney held their Kingdom Hearts Premiere Theater event at D23 in Japan earlier in the evening and so far Famitsu has provided a single shot of a new attraction flow featured in Kingdom Hearts III:
    kh3.jpg

They also provided another shot of Kingdom Hearts 0.2 featuring Riku, Kairi, and King Mickey (As well as part of Yensid!)
    kh02.jpg

and a new shot of Dream Drop Distance HD!
    kh3dhd.jpg

Square Enix also showed off a new trailer for Kingdom Hearts III and the recently announced KH 2.8 collection at the event; however Square has announced that the trailers will be made publicly available tomorrow afternoon (JST).

Famitsu

Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by libregkd, Nov 3, 2015.

1. DangostreetGames
      DangostreetGames
      HAHA! Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters!!!
    2. Hayabusa
      Hayabusa
      Finally getting to see Riku and Kairi in the new engine...is weird. Hope to get an actually decent sized image next time.
    3. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      Really hope the Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters attraction flow means that there's a higher chance of a Toy Story world appearing.
    4. Klonao
      Klonao
      Toy story world confirmed?
    5. Iskandar
      Iskandar
      You just want to play a world where Tom Hanks voices a character, don't you?

"Are you crying!? There's no crying in Andy's Room!"
    6. libregkd
      libregkd
    7. Misty
      Misty
      There's something bizarre going on with Riku's crotch.
    8. Amaury
      Amaury
      I can't see it.
    9. Misty
      Misty
      I'm still upset with the new Sora model. It just looks very flat. I guess we haven't seen it in many different lights and environments yet, and it's possible they're still tweaking it, but the model of him in his black outfit was much more detailed (here's a screen we've all seen a million times by now). The hair has much more dimension and variation in color and the clothes look less like plastic. The Riku and Kairi models look junky too but I suppose they could still be works in progress as well... if those are even their outfits for the bulk of the game (that scene seems like it came straight out of the Dream Drop Distance secret ending).

It can't be the jump to UE4 either because the young Xehanort model has the individual hair strands detailed and at least some texture on his clothes. You'd think that the main player character would have the best model. It's disappointing because the environments we've seen thus far have been gorgeous, but the characters look like poop.
    10. Amaury
      Amaury
      @Misty, when I try to visit either of those links:

11. Plums
      Plums
      Part of me wonders if they're saving the better modeling for the cutscenes vs the in game fighting and junk. The Xehanort/Eraqus convo definitely screamed cutscene to me, and that pic of Kairi/Riku/Mickey seems to be a similar case (there's at least some shadowing and lighting going on with them). I guess I'm not too upset with it yet since, like you said they might still be tweaking, but it would be nice to get some sort of confirmation that the cutscene models & models in gameplay aren't gonna be the exact same level of quality (which is personally ok with me since it's mostly just looking at Sora/other people's backs lol, and it might look better in motion than screenshots)

even though that sequence of sora doing the keyblade cannon in the E3 trailer was the model of nightmares
    12. libregkd
      libregkd

Attached Files:

13. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      So, about that trailer we're expecting...

Capture.JPG

:/

Source
    14. Ability King KK
      Ability King KK
      When the trailers become available, make sure to post them. I heard rumors that there is a world based on Inside Out and I want to confirm whether or not they're true.
    15. Iskandar
      Iskandar
      I just realized that the picture with Sora in the little ride-thing has him in clothes that resemble 3D more than KHII, but how come in the E3 trailer we saw Sora running around in his black clothes? Are they planning on switching clothes at some point in the game? Or they can't make up their mind on which outfit to stick him with?
    16. libregkd
      libregkd
    17. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      Square-Enix just commented on the status of the trailer's online release, simply saying it's TBD.
    18. . : tale_wind
      . : tale_wind
      Friendly reminder that D23 hasn't even begun yet, so we may yet receive news!
    19. Menos Grande
      Menos Grande
      Pixar screams kingdom hearts even more than Disney itself, they are very reflexive about their feelings, and everything having them so It is huge. Just hope they getting proper worlds and not just a "Chicken little stunt".