New KH3 Information from Famitsu

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Meilin Lee, Jun 16, 2018.

1. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

During an interview with Famitsu, Tetsuya Nomura revealed lots of information related to 'Kingdom Hearts III'. And while there doesn't appear to be a fully translated transcript of the interview out there, the main points have been summarized, which you can check out below:
    • Anna and Elsa will not be party members, but Marshmallow (the ice giant Elsa created) will join Sora in battle (whether this means as a party member or a simple assist remains to be seen)
    • There will be an official video recapping the Kingdom Hearts story, split into 5 parts, will be a few hours long, and is narrated by Chirithy. The Japanese version is complete, and will be posted online later in the month. There are also plans to include the video with 'Kingdom Hearts III' (meaning there will most definitely be an English version).
    • No plans to release the KH3 demo to the public (Japanese players will be able to play a demo at TGS)
    • Kairi is considered one of the New 7 Hearts that Larxene mentioned (and the only one from the original group), while Elsa, Anna, and Rapunzel are among the new candidates being targeted
    • Arendelle will expand on the story from the film
    • The song "Let it Go" will be featured in some capacity
    • Larxene makes a labyrinth of ice (?) you get to explore in Arendelle
    • The Caribbean will be based on the third 'Pirates of the Caribbean' film (At World's End)
    • The sky, sea, and land are seamlessly connected in The Caribbean, allowing battles to take place on all three settings
    • The Caribbean allows Sora to use Black Pearl to navigate the open world environment across the sea and explore newly discovered islands (lots of opportunity in gameplay)
    • Regarding Roxas, Sora is doing everything he can to revive him
    Source: KHInsider & Reddit user 5kyLegend

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Meilin Lee, Jun 16, 2018.

1. Iskandar
      Iskandar
      Every one of these points I have a reaction to, but I'll try to keep it simple (knowing me, that's a big "pft, yeah right"):
      -I think it's cool that we'll get a recap video of the whole story, especially since they've said that this is a game newcomers could go straight into, so it's easy for them too. Plus it might make the story easier to understand for those who don't know it yet. I'll remember to grab my popcorn
      -I want my KH3 demo, dang it!
      -So if Kairi is considered one of the New 7 Hearts, does that mean the old princesses of heart have been debunked, or is it there's just more that fit that role, and Xehanort is trying for a different group this time?
      -I like that Arendelle is going to expand on the story, especially since I remember people saying that the original script for Frozen was different from the release, which led to some lines being a little weird (anyone remember that "eternal winter line" when it was only a day, when the original script had it be a month later?)
      -Please tell me we get to fight Davy Jones and he is voiced by Bill Nighy
      -So is anyone else thinking of Assassin's Creed Black Flag right now with an open world environment and a pirate ship? Never played the game myself, but it's what my mind jumped to.
      -Still makes me wonder if Roxas will lead to Ven waking up, or if we'll just get Roxas instead of Ven, or both Roxas and Ven.
    2. Ability King KK
      Ability King KK
      I'd rather have Roxas over Ventus. Ventus is just way too immature and annoying and it's not until he becomes Roxas that he becomes likable.
    3. Day~Dream
      Day~Dream
      Darn, I was really hoping Anna and Elsa would've been party members.

As for returns, I hope all of them come back, Roxas, Namine, and Xion. (I would say Ventus but I'm quite confident he'll definitely return.)