Dream Drop Distance NEW KH game announced at E3 2010

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by Rho, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Rho Twilight Town Denizen

During Nintendo's E3 conference, while discussing the 3DS just now, they were discussing third party companies that would be supporting the 3DS.

One of them was Square Enix. They said one of them would be a Kingdom Hearts game.

The logo wasn't really able to be seen, but it definitely wasn't Re:Coded.

Also, before anyone gripes about a third KH DS game, the 3DS is a completely new system. Not a remake like the DSi.

2. raszero Merlin's Housekeeper

Didn't catch the name or a print scheme, but looking forward to this... this and Layton, best part of the show ^^

3. Sabby Sleepy Panda Assassin

I thought it just said KH and underneath said 3D -shrugs-

4. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

Really, was it a new title? And not Re: Coded? I never really got a good look at the logo but i'm sure once the floor plan opens up, we'll get streams of information coming in and should know know more.

I kinda hope it is, because i'd love a new KH game however since it's on 3DS that means another console I have to buy just to play another KH game. That's my dread about the whole thing.

5. Rho Twilight Town Denizen

The logo seemed to be just the generic series logo, so if so it's probably still in pre-production but is being planned for the 3DS.

And it definitely wasn't Re:Coded.

6. Noise For Love and Justice

i CALLED IT!

i knew there might be some new titles besides Coded!

HOLY ****! I FREAKED OUT WHEN THEY SAID KINGDOM HEARTS...i just couldnt see the name... >(

7. raszero Merlin's Housekeeper

IMPORTANT NEWS:
    Watching the after on Nintendo Website.
    It's' called "Kingdom Hearts E3 Demo" at the moment.
    Perhaps a demo of this game already? :D
    P.S. I doubt it's coded, it was a blue heart colour(-ish) during the show, not yellow)

8. Egypt Twilight Town Denizen

I didn't see this coming. Usually when they announce a new game at TGS first. I wounder way they announce a new game at E3 first?

9. jorpor Moogle Assistant

Looking at the screenshots posted at Nintendo's site, it seems to be a Kingdom Hearts 1 remake.

10. Misty gimme kiss

This is what I figured.

I don't think they'd put a major installment on the DS, and judging by the blue heart and the fact that it seems to simply be called "Kingdom Hearts 3D," a remake seems most likely to me.

11. Egypt Twilight Town Denizen

That could by way they announce the new game at E3 instead at TGS. But way would they put it on the new 3DS?

12. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

KH 1 is technically an old game now, one few people would play anymore. It allows the series to start over and that way obtain more new fans and excite current ones.
    Not to mention Square Enix love to produce 500 versions of the same Kingdom Hearts game over and over...

13. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

There actually is a possibility of that happening because after looking at the upcoming game sheet for the 3DS, it seems like a lot of games are going to be remade for the 3DS. Although it doesn't say if Kingdom Hearts is going to be remade, just that the Kingdom Hearts franchise will have a game on the 3DS.

14. Vanitas Gummi Ship Junkie

[​IMG]

15. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

This is the one for the 3DS right?

Looks pretty nice and by the pictures, it looks like it won't be a remake of Kingdom Hearts.

16. Misty gimme kiss

Okay, well then I'm going to bet on another one of those "this is what happened while ______."

Example: This is what happened before Castle Oblivion. :|

Cutscenes do look nice, but the in-game graphics will probably suck judging by the ones from Re:Coded.

17. Mako Tsunami Kingdom Keeper

Coded's on the DS, right? This is 3DS. From what I've seen, they'll likely be better.

18. SpazticFantaztic >:3 Kingdom Keeper

I doubt SE would remake one of their older titles when the series isn't nearly finished even.

Also, there were no Nobodies in KH1, so it can't be a remake if there's a Nobody in that first screenshot.

19. ajtoonami83 Moogle Assistant

hmmm

I gotta get a DSi 4 Kingdom Hearts:Re Coded

20. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

That's exactly why I thought the game wasn't a remake of the original KH. Also Nobodies did technically exist during KH, they just didn't appear in the original game except for the Xemnas fight in KH1 Final Mix so a Nobody appearing in the game as a secret boss could work.