New Interview with Nomura

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Xaldin, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Xaldin ITS OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey everyone, with the Famitsu 38 page special on the Square-Enix event, an interview came as well with Nomura speaking on all 3 games. And from the interview here's things we now officially know.

Birth by Sleep

Plot
    - Master Xehanort is not only looking for the Pure minds of the princesses but shows an interest in obtaining the worlds as well.
    - The scenes of Aqua, Terra and Ven together were all from the beginning of the game. After this they all seperate. The purpose of the three heroes are all slightly different but the goal of chasing Master Xehanort is the same.
    - In this era of Kingdom Hearts the Keyblades are taught to be more about spirit of the person instead of the heart.
    - The only reason why Snow white sounds slightly strange is due to them having the most appropriate voice for her role. Considering the movie Snow white was released 50 years ago in Japan.

Gameplay
    - Nomura wanted to make strategic changes to the combat system, and believes BBS' gameplay has changed a lot from it's first showing which was pre-arranged commands.
    - Thoe shot lock system was also thought up with BBS, however they wern't sure if it was possible at first.
    - The meaning of unbirth is the exact opposite of birth in terms that they are the exact opposite of people. The kind of people they are and how they are created will be shown to the public soon.
    - Birth by Sleep is more high-speed action then the other games and also will be showing reaction commands. Anyone who plays this for the first time will be surprised.
    - There are a lot of boss battles in this game, however they are all to feel unique and fun.
    - There was a lot of testing with the music, and now finishing the music has become the battle. *Laughs* (I'm amazed Nomura didn' thave as much laughing as he does in other interviews)

358/2 Days
    - Having the voice of the 14th member released to the public at this time was Nomura's own mistake. However the voice should give off hints.
    - Roxas doesn't have as much of a positive impact on the heroes as Sora does in the games. An example being Beauty and the Beast scene, the message this area will cause the players to think. "What is love?" Roxas will also begin to learn through the disney characters where his doubt for the Organization begins.
    - When Axel talks to Xion at the end of the trailer, what Nomura is really referring to is Axel and Roxas.
    - The original thought of the Kingdom Heart series has to do with "Where the mind draws" so Memories is a huge part of the series. This game will heavily focus on Memories because of the Nobodies.

KH Coded
    - Events do not happen like in Kingdom Hearts games where it's at the beginning, scenes in the middle and then scenes in the end. The scenes in Coded only happen after completing a certain ammount of missions.
    - Coded being the only sequel to Kingdom Hearts 2 it's expected to show content for the next game, however it's really in the context of Chain of Memories and will also be solving up the mysteries of previous Kingdom Hearts games.
    - This story is meant to "Heal their pains" and follows along side another secret message.
    - As you advance in the game you'll begin to learn who left that message in Jiminy's memo and why the message was left.
    - Coded, 358/2 Days and Birth by Sleep in some way or fashion are connected to each other in various ways.
    - There are more elements to the cellphone with Kingdom Hearts then they have shown right now.

Source: FF7AC Reunion

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Xaldin, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Azure Flame
      Azure Flame
      Wow, this sounds pretty cool! But no word on a release date yet? I can't wait for this game! It's one of the main reasons I bought a PSP, that and Crisis Core.
    2. EvilMan_89
      EvilMan_89
      this game just keeps getting better and better, i want it
    3. BlazBlue Calamity
      BlazBlue Calamity
      Now i really cant wait for my sister and her husband to be go to Japan >_>

they might get it for me xD

intresting infomation
    4. dman.sora
      dman.sora
      Great info Xaldin! We can always count on you! This sounds like it will have much more action than the original three!
    5. You Stand In The Rain
      You Stand In The Rain
      !

Man this game sounds really fun.
      If only I had a PSP.
    6. Scott Pilgrim
      Scott Pilgrim
      Where can I watch the 358/2 days trailer?

Forget what I said. Go here this is the official website. Go and spread the news to every one!!!!!!!!http://www.square-enix.co.jp/kingdom/days/
      This is the official website.
    7. daxma
      daxma
      Nice info Xaldin.This will really help.
    8. Deathsight44
      Deathsight44
      *cries* all this time I thought that the three of them might be able to be together along most of the way. CURSES!!!!!!!!!!
      And at some point, it could be estimated that someone might have an interest in the worlds. I blew it off first time it occured in my mind, and I did that b4 I even joined this forum, but when 'the worlds' created a door to kingdom hearts for sora and friends, it interested me that 'the worlds' had the power to do that, and that they might even have a conciousness. but then I blew off the idea becuz a lot of games that have 'worlds' usually say that 'the worlds did it', or somethen like that, lol

Next, applying to the system of how the combat system will work. I'm happy to hear that it will be more fast paced. You see, in a lot of people's minds, it is too much of a softy game, haven all these final fantasy and disney charecters in it, especially with goofy in it, and there for, it is portrayed as a wimpy game (which is understadnable, since I thought that b4 I actually played it). WIth faster paced game play (especially happy to know that it wont be doing the chain of memories style, since there were rumors about that), it makes it a real challange. I am especially pleased if it will be harder since kh2 was terribly simply to beat.

As for the boss fights in BBS, if they are all unique and fun, and they have a lot of them, then this means 2 things. 1. That will make play a lot better, since it will constantly challange you to test out new things and such (hopefully nothing lame like the Hydra in hercules world). the 2. thing is that if there are a lot boss fights, then, we might be able to assume that the story might be a bit longer then kh2 (beat kh2 on normal mode in 3 days, so I was dissapointed in how short it was)

Now, for 358/2 days, I don't have much to say. THe 'not having such a positive impact' thing was expected. After all, during the time, isn't Roxas after all just a nobody? No real emotions, no nothing. Why would he bother giving a dang about beauty and beast? Either way though, I like how it sounds though since it sounds as if it is providing a darker outlook upon the kingdom hearts series.

Not much to say about coded, except I am shocked with the last comment about them all some how being connected, because I suggested it on a thread before, and a lot of people knocked the theory. So it is very pleasing to hear that
    9. Anixe
      Anixe
      Hmm, very interesting information. Roxas' experiences through the Disney Characters bit sounded pretty probable as to why he would leave the Organization. I wish Nomura would "accidently" release some more info on the 14th member though. XD But all in all, this definetely leaves even more questions.
    10. jafar
      jafar
      What's peaked my interest was that they decided to have BBS more action oriented. I'm also curious as to what the Shot Lock System is and if it has any connection to the Reaction System.
    11. HOSPITAL STAT!
      HOSPITAL STAT!
      I don't know why I was wasting my time at KHI waiting for the translation when there's Xaldin.

Anyway, thanks.
    12. Ultima Wepon
      Ultima Wepon
      This game is going to be just awsome!!

i want it so badly
    13. Mexony
      Mexony
      This is very good news:) Thanks Xaldin.
    14. khfan12345yay
      khfan12345yay
      Reaction commands confirmed, thanks man!
    15. Knuckles313
      Knuckles313
      Wow, awesome updates.

Does anyone know where to find these 'trailers' we keep discussing?

And also, where was this Aqua voice-clip heard? (and possibly, link?)
    16. Asylum
      Asylum
      Looks good... Can't wait.
    17. windblade
      windblade
      I'll assume that no videos have been released yet outside of the convention (apart from what you've allready had in your reports. ///_-

thanks for putting this update on kh-vids! ///_^
    18. XienZo
      XienZo
      Anyone notice that in earlier scans, it shows Ven against Lucifer and there is a reaction command but with a SQUARE. And on the wheel master scan, the reaction command is a circle! Do you think thats what Nomura is hinting at, different RC buttons? Maybe different button configurations for each character?
    19. Noise
      Noise
      i love you Xaldin SO MUCH!
      thanks a bunch!