No Thanks New 'Elite' Usergroup

Discussion in 'Feedback & Assistance' started by Trigger, Jul 31, 2012.

?

Are you in favor of the new usergroup?

1. Yes

76.2%
  2. No

23.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trigger hewwo uwu

I hate to say it, but KHV is in a slump. The Spam Zone is the only consistently active board on the forum. There are occasional posts in the forum’s many other boards, but it doesn’t lend to the picture of bustling and active community.

To encourage the KHV community to become active once more, I believe users should be rewarded for being active in the forum’s other boards. A new usergroup, from here on out known as Noble, would be the solution to that problem. With a requirement of 3,500 posts and 1,500 rep, and six months of membership, when members reach these milestones they become a Noble member. KHV’s users will once again have a purpose to post outside of The Spam Zone.

I've brainstormed with other members and here are the perks, benefits, and rewards that come with Noble membership.

• Teal username
    • Noble pin
    • Beta testing new features such as new skins
    • Avatar Limit Increase - 200px by 200px
    • 1 week pending for name changes
    • File size in signatures upgraded from 500KB to 1MB
    • Private message inbox gets a +50 increase, bringing it to 400
    • Profile picture maximum dimensions are 300px by 300px, as opposed to Premium Members, who have 250px by 200px
    • Maximum lines in signature is upgraded from 11 to 12

2. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

+1'd. What? and Ben already know this has my full support.

3. Amaury Legendary Hero

This sounds like a nice idea, actually.

I approve.

4. jafar custom title

Jerome, we got this in the bag.

5. Amber PLUR

Will I finally have my lifelong dream of being blue? :'D

Anyways, I remember that stuff like this has been shut down before, mostly because staff couldn't think of what else to give people.

I'm not sure if a larger pixel limit is a good idea, because it might stretch the page funny. I dunno, I'd have to look at the exact measurements in Photoshop to be sure.

I do like the idea about a larger size limit, though. I had no idea how difficult it is to create a gif that fits within the limits. And I can't see staff arguing "Oh, that'll slow the page down!" because A. Come on, how many elite members will there really be? and B. Staff just shot down a suggestion to require videos to be in spoiler tags because they didn't feel download speed was that much of an issue. Images are a lot easier to load than videos, so a 1 MB limit should not be that big a deal.

I'd like to see some perks other than just size increases, though.

6. Korosu Kingdom Keeper

Supporting.

7. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

I like this idea, but it would certainly need to be tweaked. In particular, I think this would be a better system:

Post 1,500 - Avatar Limit Increase - 200x200
    Post 2,000 - BBCode allowed in Usertitle
    Post 2,500 - Signature Limit Increase - 1MB OR five additional lines.
    Post 3,000 - Ability to see invisible users, but only Normal users. Premiums, Elites, and Staff retain their privacy.
    Post 3,500 - Add Premiums to the invisible users that cane be seen. Elites, and Staff still retain their privacy.
    Post 4,000 - Ability to delete your own threads.
    Post 4,500 - Ability to view your own deleted posts.
    Post 5,000 - Unlock Elite status, bolded teal user names and the ability to lock your own threads and edit you own posts in locked threads.

I'm not sure which of these would be possible, but anything should be possible if we have someone with coding experience, right? Elite status being awarded at 5000 posts is just an OCT of mine at work. 3,000 just doesn't look right to me.

8. Trigger hewwo uwu

Are you kidding me? 5,000 is ridiculous. Hardly any active members even have 2,000. We want a reasonable goal, not an impossible one.

Also, BBC code doesn't work in user titles, you have to use HTML and that's too unsafe. We've already talked to What? about that.

9. jafar custom title

It won't stretch the page, it's the same avatar size staff members get.

Also, the final two perks aren't size increases. At 2,500 posts, you'll receive the ability to see invisible users. At 3,000, you can lock your own threads.

10. Amber PLUR

1. 5,000 is a lot.
    2. I wanna be blue. I've already been teal. D:

HTML is allowed in signatures, provided you don't do anything stupid. Why can't the same trust be extended to usertitles?

11. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

My only qualm is that there is no rep requirement. If there is one thing a higher status on this site needs, it is something special about getting it. It needs to be harder that simply spamming until you get so many posts. Since getting Premium does not require rep, this one definitely should. Does something like 2,000 rep as a start sound fair?

Like others have said in the Spam Zone thread, name Elite sounds elitist. I think the idea is sound but the name should be up for debate.

I think that either Ascended or Legendary would do nicely. Leaning toward Ascended.

12. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

Yeah, but 5,000 just feels like a much better goal. That's the only reason I extended it that far. I'm still serious about the alternative perks, though.

Really? I thought RvR had a red usertitle before the VB4 update. Was that HTML, or was BBCode in usertitles removed in VB4?

And LOL, British Broadcasting Company Code.

13. Amber PLUR

I stand corrected.

14. libregkd -

15. Amber PLUR

I agree that rep should be brought back into the equation.

I actually prefer Legendary, myself. Ascended reminds me too much of Stargate.

16. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

He used HTML. He is using it for the image he has in his user title right now.

17. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

Rep was actually removed as a Premium requirement because people started making deals to give each other rep so they could get to Premium faster. Since you have to rep many members before you can rep the same member twice, things got very complicated.
    Oh really? I hadn't noticed. :P

18. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

You aren't the only one who prefers Legendary.

Have any ideas of your own?

I am aware. However, making the system complicated to get around makes it more difficult to exploit than simply posting things that do not break the rules in counting sections.

Any system can be exploited. Rep is harder to exploit than posts. Do you still have an objection?

19. Jiηx You're such a loser.

Twisting like a flame in a slow dance, baby.
    Yes please, this idea is much needed I think you breathe some life back into members and give the pinks a reason to crawl out of the spam zone and post else where.

I think a rep requirement should be involved also but only get the last stage of the perk, the blue name, 1,500 seems a fair minimum, any increase would be reasonable, but I think at the very most 2,500 should be the cap.

20. jafar custom title

Hi everyone. The reason why we chose not to make rep a requirement is because the goal is to get people posting again and having an active forum once more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.