New Ally Style

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by A Zebra, Jul 30, 2014.

1. A Zebra Chaser

Something I jsut randomly was thinking about
    Obviously throughout history KH party members have been basically useless. The only time they've ever really done anything good is when they've been ridiculous overpowered moves just to offset their bad AI
    But I was thinking, what if allies had distinct strategies, instead?
    Like Donald could have a strategy based on healing, but then also one about exposing enemy weaknesses (like say there's an enemy that's stunned by thunder magic, he'd use that) meanwhile Goofy could have a strategy focused on sacrificing his MP to restore other people's MP, or a strategy based on staggering enemies with heavy attacks.
    Then Disney worlds could have their own distinct strategies, like Aladin could have a strategy base don absorbing aggro, where he focused on jumping on enemies' heads and dodging attacks, taking the heat off Sora
    So
    Thoughts?
    Expansions?

2. Amaury Legendary Hero

Allies in any of the games aren't useless. D: In the beginning of Kingdom Hearts, for example, Donald does indeed get knocked out a lot, but once he learns the following, it's pretty hard for him to be knocked out and he becomes invaluable:
    • Cure
    • Cura
    • Curaga
    • MP Haste
    • MP Rage x2
    • Second Chance
    • Second Wind

In Kingdom Hearts II, he starts off with pretty good abilities, already having a healing ability right off the bad to keep people alive: Donald Thunder and Donald Cure.

I'm basing these off of Standard Mode, but it can't be too different for the other modes, at least if you're at the right level. Additionally, in both games, you already can control how allies fight to an extent, though I agree it'd be nice to have complete control.

I don't think this happened in Kingdom Hearts, but in Kingdom Hearts II, Donald would often cast Donald Thunder on enemies that were immune to electric attacks.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  3. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

I kind of already do some of that. I always customize Goofy's AI so that his first priority is keeping my and Donald's MP up, and whenever one of Donald's spells is more effective on an enemy I leave him with only that one equipped. I'd be interested to see the whole customize menu revamped, or at least significantly evolved.

4. libregkd -

5. Amaury Legendary Hero

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  6. libregkd -

7. Amaury Legendary Hero

8. A Zebra Chaser

9. Labrys King's Apprentice

The party members were most likely tweaked to be 2.5 weaker than the Main character because they wanted you to get the full experience by doing all the work. I doubt there's going to be an in depth ally system, it's probably gonna be really simple but holds huge strategic value at the sametime.

10. Amaury Legendary Hero

This is something that was introduced in Kingdom Hearts II.

Small enemies still got owned, but larger enemies, like the fat bandits and bosses, only received little damage from the NPCs.

11. Labrys King's Apprentice

Yeah, but I believe It's possible for the weaker enemies to defeat the larger if a good enough plan is devised. ;0