New 358/2 Info

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Xaldin, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Xaldin ITS OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey everyone, the latest book of Nintendo Wii/DS Magazine in Japan has shed a few new light on the KH 358/2 Series, and a blog user was able to take a few info out of it, hopefully we'll see scans in the future. Here is what we do know though.

- The controls on the DS has changed a bit, and now has a different feel from the demo given at Jump Festival. The changes are however much better then how it was at Jump Festa.
    - There is an image of Kairi and Riku together, and another image of what looks like Riku is going to be a boss of the game.
    - When asked about voices being in the game, it was commented that the capacity of the DS isn't fullly capable enough to have voicing throughout the entire game, but they are working on getting around that.

Source: 2ch

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Xaldin, Jan 21, 2008.

1. *TwilightNight*
      *TwilightNight*
      You have so read my mind here xP. Larxene :3.

Is only fair we get a gist, since we will never get Re: CoM here.
    2. Adeli
      Adeli
      Larxene's English voice, ohhhh yes! I've been waiting for that too! That voice is just! JUST! too WICKED! But I'm kinda worried the english voice doesn't live up to it... :(

I was wondering the same thing too... D: But 358/2 Days is in 3D isn't it? And there's still the super high quality cutscenes, as well as fourteen different characters who move differently and have different attacks and abilities. I'm surprised Nomura and co. can stuff this much in at all.

Most of all I want to know: Will Hikki be doing a new song for this game? o.o I heard she's going to release a new English album. Her latest Japanese album is coming this March too.
    3. *TwilightNight*
      *TwilightNight*
      I don't think anyone can live up to Larxene's voice in Japanese, I only have like three in mind that could sound adorably cute, but adorably evil at the same time xD.

I don't think so. I mean, this is only a DS game, and there's already limitations that they aren't capable of. Maybe in BBS, perhaps, but I doubt it a little too, since the big song is always saved for the PS console game. Who knows though. I'd say we'll probably get some remixes.
    4. neghxanys
      neghxanys
      awww. no voicing? come on. can't they add in an additional external memory thingy like the ds web browser? i'm willing to pay the extra bucks
    5. morris1113
      morris1113
      totally outrageous. sounds great cant wait
    6. Roxas2605
      Roxas2605
      Roxas vs riku

Depending on when it is in the game it may be one of the last bosses cause i dont really see roxas confronting xemnas otherwise the sotoryline of kh2 is messed up
      i think riku being a boss maybe 2 battles, riku on his own being 5 bars and riku as xehanort being a 6 bar with a cutscene at half a bar remaning where roxas loses and thent the storyline would pan out just fine
    7. TheMuffinMan
      TheMuffinMan
      There have already been several DS games will significant amounts of voice acting, one of which is a game Square Enix has already made. Square Enix and other developers have already worked out this aspect of the DS, the article's developer woes is just PR.

You guys shouldn't misinterpret the quote, it's not saying that the DS isn't capable of VA or that 358/2 days will not have voice acting, because Square Enix has already made a game with significant amounts of voice acting, the article is that the issue would be full voice acting throughout the entire game. That is not to say that the game will lack it, but that having every scene with it would be an issue of the storage capacity of the DS cartridge

Chances are you can expect something of a similar format to past KH titles: Voice Acting in the important and FMV cutscenes, text boxes for the less significant ones and NPC dialogue
    8. hangthesilver
      hangthesilver
      I go away for like two days and come back to juicy news! Woo! I'm so excited. :) I so need to start saving for my DS.
    9. Crumpet
      Crumpet
      oh great voices ^^ - i have to get it now
    10. oathkepper
      oathkepper
      Voices

If it's gonna be voices, are all organization members gonna have english voices? If it is so, I just hop I won't get dissapointed ^^
    11. Roxazthelight
      Roxazthelight
      358/2 Days is story before Sora awaken right? so if riku is the boss, it's like a DEEP DIVE!
    12. Mienai Kitsune
      Mienai Kitsune
      Am I the only one who finds that to be a load of bull?

Look at ASH: Archaic Sealed Heat. It had a full cast of voice overs in the game.

Gameplay is contained on the bottom of the screen, while the top screen contains a Full Motion Video depicting the action of the battle.

This game also features video pre-rendering process, where segments of complete animation were already compiled before the gameplay rather than render graphics as the game advances. This technique causes the visuals on the small resolution screen to be of higher quality.

But, it was also released on a 2 gigabit (2048 megabit/256 MB) game card. (ASH is a wonderful game)
    13. 11jones2
    14. SuperStardustHD
      SuperStardustHD
      Wow Battle against Riku is probably gonna be fun =D

No voices? :\
    15. Roxas2605
      Roxas2605
      Voices

They probs uses voices for 3 main scenes,Beginning,Middle,End!!!

I have one request

DRIVE FORM!!! like valor,wisdom etc..

voices prob is kinda like FF7:CC because they uses voices in a few climatic scenes
    16. gamemaster1598
      gamemaster1598
      ash was a good game and there are other games that have voice acting as well
    17. Princess Luna
      Princess Luna
      lets hope that 358/3 fays will have that as well. <_< cuz that wud be hella awesome...yeah.... awesomeness...
    18. Roxas2605
      Roxas2605
      Remember that if they are releasing in to all territories how hard it would be to get the voice actors back who did KHII and they have to find new one for the 5 Members who go to castle oblivion,and thats if they released english version

dont get ya hopes up peeps

I cant wait for the finished project

should be good
    19. gamemaster1598
      gamemaster1598
      you and everyone else here cant wait ether
    20. Princess Luna
      Princess Luna
      ditto... and still wating in desperation... <_<