Neil Gaiman

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ŧiмє Яǽрεѓ, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Ŧiмє Яǽрεѓ King's Apprentice

Anyone else on here read stuff by him? He's does all kind of things- comics, novels, short stories, tv and movie scripts, he's all over the place.

My personal faves are American Gods, Stardust, Fragile Things, and The Sandman Graphic Novels.

EDIT: Fail, I only went and spelt his name wrong. Its 'Gaiman'. Some fan I am...

2. Daxa~ #stalker

I love Neil Gaiman!!!!
    His books are all really interestling different,and I love the ones of the Discworld series(by Terry Prachett) that hes helped out with.
    And American Gods is a really good book,one of my favs :3

3. Stardust Chaser

Ah, no worries, I'll fix it for you =].
    Anyhoo, despite my username I have never read Stardust (or any of his books), but I have seen the film and have been planning on reading it ever since. The movie was good imo, does it do justice to the novel at all?

I wasn't aware he did so much work in so many different mediums, but a quick search on him gave me some results I'm more familiar with. He apparently also wrote Coraline o: . I'll have to check his work out.

4. Ŧiмє Яǽрεѓ King's Apprentice

I haven't read any Terry Pratchet, though I keep meaning to. And yeah American Gods is one of his best, I think he did a follow up short story with Shadow two years later in Fragile Things.

Stardust is amazing in both forms. I know that book to movie transitions rarely go well, but I thought the movie of Stardust was one of the best things I've ever seen. It was a bit more light hearted than the original but it just blew me away. That said, the book is excellent.

Yeah, Coraline was a graphic novel he did.

5. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

I love his works c:
    He's really creative and his works take you to another world. I remember reading Coraline, yes after watching the film, but it was just as lovely.
    I'm reading Fragile Things in my free time and plan on reading Stardust (cause I never finished it a year ago) and Neverwhere.

I personally also love his comics.

6. Light-Rune Maven Seer

ive only read coraline. ive seen stardust. ill look for some of his books.:cool:

7. Mr. Van Whippy ♥ Biscuits and cookies

I've been doing an essay on Neil Gaiman for university. I haven't read anything else by him, aside American Gods, to judge his work but i absolutely love that book and can"t wait for the sequel and the tv series.