Video Need Help with Sony Vegas?

Discussion in 'Production Studio' started by Sanya, May 17, 2007.

1. kicklink18 Moogle Assistant

I need help with something on Sony Vegas

i just got Sony Vegas and it worked fine the first time i used it, but the second time, when i put a MP3 or a video clip on the timeline, all it shows is an empty blank. it does not show anything else.

What should i do?

2. Tan-Tan Merlin's Housekeeper

Lol Vegas.

I've been using Movie Maker 2 for years. Just started...ten hours ago. Already doing my first project, but now I gotta do other stuffs, haha.

I'm using Vegas 9.0 Trial until I'm free at the weekends to buy. Raining hard here. I initially started very confused...the buttons were not like Movie Maker and I don't know what and how to preview the videos and trimming them. It was like Photoshop xD

I'm wondering though: Is there no Ease in or Ease out, or Speed Double or Speed Half in Sony Vegas 9.0? I found a Zoom only in the Transitions and couldn't find anything to control the speed of the clip--oops, I mean event, lol.

3. Stardust Chaser

To speed up/slow down, hold Ctrl and drag the end of the clip left or right.
    to Ease In/Ease Out, right-click the clip, select "Video event pan/crop," and make the box marked "F" bigger or smaller.

==============================================
    EDIT:

Can anyone PLEASE tell me where to get a free plugin to make .avi files work in Vegas? I need one really badly =/.

EDIT II: Nevermind, got one.

4. khfreak123 Traverse Town Homebody

Ok... what you do is download SUPER Video Converter, then convert the videos into the preferred format...

Hope I am not to late!

5. Blayz Mods Set The World A Blayz

need help with vegas v6.0

hey guys I need help with vegas 6 I don't remember how to select the sound of the video that I have attached to my video I'm editing and delete it, can someone please help me and as quickly as you can? thanks!^ ^

6. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

You can either delete the audio track or you can press the "Ignore Event Groupping" button on the toolbar. It looks like an unlocked lock.

7. Kubo Kingdom Keeper

I think you gotta ungroup them first otherwise deleting the audio will also delete the video.

8. Blayz Mods Set The World A Blayz

okay but what I want to know is as kubo said how to ungroup the sound so that I don't delete the video in the process.:/

9. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

Press the "Ignore Event Groupping" button on the toolbar.

10. Kubo Kingdom Keeper

Or if I remember correctly you could right click on the audio and choose the same option, I dunno could be wrong tho.

11. Korosu Kingdom Keeper

/bump.

Sorry, guys but I need help. So, I re-installed Sony Vegas Pro Ten and it won't let me open avi files anymore, at all. It gives me the error codec message. I don't really want to have to convert all my files to WMV, which works fine in SV. Any ideas what's wrong? I know the files aren't corrupt since they all worked perfectly fine in Vegas before I un-installed it. I tried updating, too. It didn't work. I'm using 32-bit, if that helps.

12. Aelin Best Waifu

I just got Sony Vegas pro 12 and I am trying to put some of the KHDDD clips in it that I got from this site but every time I try to add them it says there is an error. Any one know how to fix this? It seems to be happening with my clips that are in .avi format. Is there a way to just change the format or change the settings to let me use it. Help please.

13. Knightshade Hollow Bastion Committee

I looked on youtube and it seems like that might help you out. Or at least send you in the right direction of finding the help you need. (I'm assuming the problem has something to do with codecs)