Dream Drop Distance Need help activating secret portals. (Contains spoilers)

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by LPGamer15, Aug 12, 2012.

1. LPGamer15 Merlin's Housekeeper

Hey guys I seen and heard that after you beat the game you can rebattle certain bosses using these secret portals at the exact place you fought them at. On my friend's file on my game he rebattled the Hockomonkey as Riku. So I went on my file later on that day to the spot where you step on the portal and select secret at the bottom, but there was nothing there. I checked all the portals in the garden area and nothing appeared. So I went on my friend's file and stood on the exact spot I was standing on and it showed "Secret". After this I went back on my file and to another world to see if I can find a secret portal in the areas of the world's boss, but nothing showed on the bottom screen when I stood on each portal. I also tried this as Sora and it isn't showing something. I need some help on this cause I want to get HP Increases to beat Jullius and become more powerful in the game. My friend was playing Beginner Mode and I'm Playing Standard Mode. I know that it can't be the mode because on Youtube I seen people re-battle bosses on Proud Mode and Critial Mode. So there has to be something that I have to activate to battle them. Let me know any suggestions in the comments below. Thanks :D

2. Mysty Unknown

I didn't try these until I beat the game. As Sora though, the boss is in the Fifth District atop the glass building. For Riku, its on the small platform to the right of the entrance. You have to jump to it. You zoom in and you should be given the option to fight him. Now, This game is very very glitchy and that could be a reason it won't show up. Maybe a glitch that you activated while playing through it.

3. Alpha Sonix Why so asymmetrical?

Have you tried dropping a few times to see if its there? As Myst said the game was only in development for a year so it has a lot of bugs. I don't recall having problems with the secret portals on my first playthrough though, only the special ones.

4. LPGamer15 Merlin's Housekeeper

I've been researching and found that you have to drop a couple times for it to work so Im trying that right now. Hopefully it will work.

5. Alpha Sonix Why so asymmetrical?

Any updates on how that has worked for you? Unfortunately my special portals have screwed up because the ones in the forecast aren't the ones found in the FAQ I'm using.

6. Cloudrunner62 Twilight Town Denizen

Lol, um I just realized...it works so long as u have ur map zoomed in. Not being condesending at all..I was having problems until i realized that was the trick!

7. LPGamer15 Merlin's Housekeeper

Ill try that. I know my game isn't glitched up because I haven't had any other issues in my gameplay.

Not yet, Im gonna try to zoom in the map and see if that works. If so Ill let ya know.

Hey guys I zoomed in the map and it worked! :D Thanks for all your help!

8. nightbane30 Moogle Assistant

Lol, I had the same problem, I didn't zoom in.