Television NBC's Rosemary's Baby

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by Scarred Nobody, May 12, 2014.

1. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

Picking up with Hannibal and Bates Motel, NBC has recently released the first half of their adaption of Rosemary's Baby. This miniseries will be four hours long, split into two two-hour blocks. The first half, Night 1, was released last night and Night 2 will be released on Thursday, May 15.

The miniseries is an adaption of the novels Rosemary's Baby and Son of Rosemary by Ira Levin. It stars Zoe Saldana as Rosemary Woodhouse and Patrick J. Adams as Guy Woodhouse.

I had watched the original film some time ago, but I have to confess that I wasn't paying too much attention to it. I'm also not one of those people who are bugged by the idea of a remake. If they can do something different or bring a brand new view, I'm fine with it. Watching the first half, it seems clear that they are not trying to copy the original Polanski film (I have not read either novels though, so I can't say what it's like as an adaptation).

This first half just felt...very average. The acting was okay, and there were some good moments of atmosphere. And it's really an ambitious show for the kind of network NBC is. However, this first half did have moments of padding that felt unnecessary. I mean, what it ends on made me think "Oh, we're just getting to that now? Well, that's no good."

What do you guys think? Again, I think it's just average so far.