Photography Nature Calls...

Discussion in 'Arts & Graphics' started by Shade Tail, Sep 26, 2009.

1. Shade Tail Hollow Bastion Committee

2. Catch the Rain As the world falls down ♥

Ok, I am going to give you some feedback, but I apologise in advance if I offend you.

Random Pond Plant

I don't get what your subject is in this photo? The title says it is a picture of the plant but the only real focus is on a couple of blades of grass in the bottom right corner, plus the light has really killed it. I don't like this one.

The Light

Directing a camera into direct sunlight does not a pretty photo make. Sometimes deliberately overexposing can be a good thing, but here it looks like you just took a random shot for no real reason.

Yummy Yellow

This I feel would have worked better if you had gone in closer for a macro on the yellow flowers, as it is I feel you are too disconnected from the subject.

Rose

This one I actually really love. I have no issues with it at all.

Purple 'n' Green

I like this one too, its really vivid, but it is slightly out of focus.

Flowery Crap

I don't likeit and I don't get it.

Treeness

...I actually like this, if you cropped it to remove the lampost in the bottom left I would like it more. I am not sure why I like it but I really do.

Mossy Floor With Some Wall

I would have prefered if you had gone in closer on the moss, as it is it looks more like you just took a photo of the floor.

Rainbow Flowers

I like the idea of it, but I think it could have been better.

Sluggy

This one is frustrating, it would have been really good if it was more in focus. Its a nice shot.

Spidey

Speaking from personal experience that particular species is a ******* to photograph, I won't comment on it since I can never get them in the right focus either.

Ok, so basically to sum up, work on your focus, try to avoid shooting into direct light and watch your lighting in general. Also try to avoid taking general shots, you want something to draw the viewer in. Play around with it.

Just keep experiementing, we all take bad photos, it is one of the good things about digital cameras, you don't waste money on developing something bad. You have some really good ideas, and a few of your photos there are as I said pretty good.

3. Shade Tail Hollow Bastion Committee

Replies for your critique:

Random Pond Plant & The Light
    Those two were actually just random shots I took while I was walking past it. I didn't stop to focus it cos I was late for a lesson :P

Yummy Yellow
    Okies :3

Rose
    This was one of my faves also. I just love the fact that the backlighting didn't make it become a silhouette.

Purple 'n' Green
    This one wasn't technically taken by me; my niece wanted a go, so she picked out a plant and angle, I just helped in focusing it and keeping the camera steady <3

Flowery Crap
    Personally, I hate the f*** out of this pic... I'm actually wondering why I put it on this thread.

Treeness
    I like it also, and I really wanna get that lamp post removed... Can't be bothered though.

Mossy Floor With Some Wall
    I shall remmber that for my next mossy pic :D

Rainbow Flowers
    I like the idea of it, but I think it could have been better.

Sluggy
    No comment.

Spidey
    Yeah, this one was a real hard one to do. I actually took about 5 different pics of it, I picked out the one that looked best when I was transferring them to the PC :)