Traditional Art Myst's Art Thread

Discussion in 'Arts & Graphics' started by Mysty, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Mysty Unknown

Yesterday I had the idea for having the character Marta Lualdi from Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World cospay as Aira of the planetes, otherwise known as IA, from Vocaloid. Spent about 2 hours drawing the picture. And came to this:

[​IMG]

Then I decided to color it in photoshop because I do not own a proper color pencil kit whatsoever. The photoshoping took about 5 hours. I kind of screwed up so had to restart which is why it took me so bloody long. But this was the end result and I am very pleased with how it turned out.

[​IMG]

2. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

It is very good :D a lot of work has definitely gone into it so well done. I love the shading, it spot on and very good especially her skirt shadow on her leg. Also, HER HANDS! :D they are brilliant and so hard to do so very well done.

Now, I think the mouth is just a little off place, it should be a little to the right c:

The eyes and hair are also very nice, the background is quite interesting though- were you trying to create a specific effect or just a background?

3. Shuhbooty moon child

She's adorable! :D

The shading is very good. D; I thick that's the funnest part on pTS. Her hand could use some work, her fingers look weird to me. And her mouth is slightly off but besides that Its perfect. C: I love the colors and the background cx keep up the great work!

4. Mysty Unknown

I just took a random blurred lights image and gave it some weird photoshop effects. If I were better at making artificial backgrounds, I would have had it be brighter, more colorful, and almost give it an atmosphere that feels like she is on stage.

I also noticed the mouth's displacement afterwards. Her hair appears to be a bit too poofy as well. That might be less noticeable if the flowers were more tucked in.

I just cant do hands. How does one do hands correctly!? I'm self taught and still cant learn to work with them correctly.

5. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Well, all you can do Iis experiment with backgrounds and see what works and doesn't work : D also, did you trace the outline of the picture onto photoshop or just use the base picture to colour?

6. Mysty Unknown

Took an image of IA to get a basic understanding of her clothes and a picture of Marta too get a decent understanding of her hair style. Drew in a position I thought would work. After photocopying, I spent about an hour trying to get Illustrator to actually trace the thing, but that failed, so I went and used the pen tool to trace over it, put it into photoshop, then colored it.

7. Mysty Unknown

I've been at it again. Also changed the title so I can just use one thread for my traditional art. Today I dre Rita Mordio from Tales of Vesperia, Colette Brunel from Tales of Symphonia, and Cheria Barnes from Tales og Graces all wearing Rita's attire. The other two can get her costume in the games and I thought it'd be cute to put them together in a happy setting.

[​IMG]

The original hand drawn picture. It looked so dead when I was done and I didn't really like it... but I'm glad I didn't change anything now that the final product is done.

[​IMG]

This is the final product and damn am I happy about how it came out. Only issue I hav is the hair... I'm still learning shading so its been a struggle.

8. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

That's really good, and yeah, I see what you mean- the colour does add a lot of life to it : D

With hair, it's great once you learn, but the main important thing is to go with the flow of the hair, hair is shaped and not straight so the lines of shading shouldn't always be, even if the hair you are drawing is dead straight it will have parts that waver a bit. You have the right areas shaded but the lines are a bit straight. You also have to remember that the pointed bits you make aren't flat, they could be rounded and so just seeing where the light would fall and putting it there will help. I hope I am making a bit of sense, it's hard for me to describe xD basically, since you are using an anime style, go look at some anime pictures and see how the hair is shaded, copy them and learn how the hair moves. I did that and it helped me a lot. You could also look at real photos of real hair to give you a better idea as it's better to look at the realistic and then go onto anime than vice versa. The main thing is just practice : D

9. Mysty Unknown

Okay so there are these cards in Japan that I really love to collect (online). They have fantastic artwork. A while ago, like a few months ago, they did a clothes swap for the characters Milla Maxwell from Tales of Xillia and Lucy Heartfilia from Fairy Tail. Afterwards, a fan came out with Gray and Alvin from the same series. I followed the trend and made Elize Lutus and Wendy Marvel into this form of display. The Wendy one... I'm not entirely thrilled with. The Elize one though I absolutely love!

Um, I have the initial drawings but I am lazy and don't want to get onto photoshop, save them, then upload them. Nor do I want to get the pictures from my Flash drive.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]