Kingdom Hearts Mystery goo?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts Help' started by beansandfeet, Jun 11, 2013.

1. beansandfeet Merlin's Housekeeper

So, I recently started playing the first Kingdom hearts game again and I was wondering what was the best method to get mystery goo, other than hitting the rare mushroom in the air a lot. (I'm not very good at juggling) thanks in advance to anyone who replies as I have been having a bit of trouble trying to get it.

2. Airi Ban King's Apprentice

There are three methods
    White mushrooms: You have to use certain magic on them and they have a 10% chance of dropping it. Here's a pretty good guide on everything white mushroom related
    http://www.khwiki.net/White_Mushroom

Black mushrooms: You have to kill them with a critical hit. It's pretty unreliable from my experience

and Rare Truffles: As you said you need to juggle them. The best place to do this is in neverland on the deck of the ship.

Overall, I recommend finding White Mushrooms.

3. beansandfeet Merlin's Housekeeper

Thanks for a quick reply, I'll give White Mushrooms a try seeing as the Rare Truffles just don't want to juggle for me.

4. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

I'm pretty sure that's the only way to get it, it's a but if a pain, but try to go to popular areas where the mushrooms are. Travers towns; red room, deep jungle; tree house and camp site, aladdins world; treasure room. halloween towns grave yard, that's all I can remember at the moment. You don't always have to keep them in the air. The White Mushrooms make different movements to show what spell they want Sora to cast. Hope I could help.

5. Misty gimme kiss

I found the White Mushrooms to be the easiest method. I had trouble juggling the Rare Truffles, but could catch on to the White Mushroom's patterns. You'll need to do three successful spells on the White Mushrooms to get them to drop Mystery Goo.

My favorite spawning places were Deep Jungle (in the camp) and End of the World (just before the Final Rest save point). Save at a nearby save point (inside the tent and Final Rest, respectively) and head into the spawn area. If there are White Mushrooms there, farm some Mystery Goo and then save again. The End of the World save point is especially good because you don't have to run around to get Heartless to respawn--so if you enter the area and there are no Mushrooms, just use a soft reset (hold L1 + L2, R1 + R2, and Select + Start all at once) to go back to the New Game / Load Game screen. This is usually the fastest way to do it.

Rare Truffles will also spawn at the End of the World point, so you can always practice your juggling in there. The End of the World area is also great for level-grinding (the Heartless there give a lot of EXP) and farming for other synthesis materials (assuming you're trying to synthesize Ultima Weapon).

6. beansandfeet Merlin's Housekeeper

Thanks Misty, but when I did my three correct spells all I got was cure arts. Better than nothing and at least I know I'm doing the right thing but i was a bit disappointed by it. :p Suppose that the way of getting the mystery goo is by using 3 different spells?

7. Amaury Legendary Hero

I don't believe they always drop it.

8. Shift Chaser

Even using the same spell, it's not guaranteed to drop.
    Also, I found it easier to get them from Black Fungus myself, just equip Wishing Star, cast gravity and do a combo without any combo pluses. They always seemed to die on that third hit after gravity on all playthroughs I grinded on them after reaching Agrabah, no matter how much strength I seemed to have. Wishing Star always crits at the last hit, so if they die on the third hit, you'll always get a Mystery Goo.

9. beansandfeet Merlin's Housekeeper

My only problem with doing this one is that gravity always kills the black fungus straight away, so I am left in a bit of a pickle. I'll give it a go and report back with my findings.

10. Shift Chaser

Oh sorry, forgot to take into account that MP increases a lot from lv20ish to end game.
    Well, there's still another easy way, count the number of hits it takes to kill them.
    As in, if 4 hits kill, attack once then do a full combo.

11. Amaury Legendary Hero

It's easier to just go with the White Mushrooms method if he's at a high level.

12. Zeroxys Twilight Town Denizen

Juggling isnt that hard once you know the timing of it. IRRC you have to have a certain skill turned off or itll mess up the juggle

13. Misty gimme kiss

Yeah, the drop rate is still rather low, so even if you do all three spells right you still might not get it. It can a while unfortunately. If you have them, equip Sora, Donald, and Goofy's Lucky Strike abilities.

I haven't tested this myself but if you do the same three spells, apparently they will always drop Mystery Goo. Of course, they have to be the right spells, and if you wait around for the Mushroom to do the same three prompts they'll often disappear. Worth a try, though. Patience is needed sadly.

14. beansandfeet Merlin's Housekeeper

Okay guys I managed to get some mystery goo (after half an hour of deep jungle). I found that Misty's method of Deep Jungle(ing) was the best for me, I attempted the Black Fungus method as mentioned by Red but I haven't been successful yet. Anyway, thanks to everyone for the tips i will be sure to check back later if anyone has any more tips :)