My Top 10 Favorite Disney Sequels?

Discussion in 'Disney Galaxy' started by Roxasfan Xman, Sep 25, 2014.

?

What do you think of my list of top 10 favorite Disney Sequels

1. Agree

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Disagree

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Neither

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Roxasfan Xman Twilight Town Denizen

Alright, now I know that a lot of can agree the majority of Disney sequels sucks. Well, mainly because they either didn't clad well with the first film, or they're just terrible awful because they destroyed everything you loved about your favorite Disney movies and characters. But, have you ever considered why certain Disney sequels were made terrible, and only a few Disney sequels were actually surprisingly better than the last sequel? Well, after watching the Nostalgia Chick's reviews on the top 10 WORST Disney sequels and top 5 "Least Awful" Disney Sequels, I've decided to make a list of my own on which Disney sequels that I thought were actually pretty good and which ones actually do suck and why. And these are based on my opinions, so if you don't agree with me that's fine, I understand, but if you do, that's even better.

Here's my list:

Most Favorites:

1. The Rescuers Down Under-I don't know why, but I actually loved this film as a kid. There was really no need for memorable songs, just the action and adventure. The only downside is that the sequel was underrated at its' time. I mean, seriously!! C'mon, people! Does anyone besides me actually remembers the first Rescuers film?

2. Cinderella III: A Twist in Time-Although I admit that first Cinderella film was beautiful and all, but I felt that she didn't really learn anything in the film. Other than the fact that she got everything at the end by chance. However, the third film managed to change all of that. Now, it's like Cinderella actually learned that she could ask for magic to get everything she wanted, but, it's better if she just do it the old-fashioned way by actually appreciating the value of hard-work and putting it to good use. That and the fact that she was looking for something more than a fairy-tale romance. Same thing can said about Anastasia in the third film as she also learns that she could marry someone for love and for money, but at the same time...it has to be for the fact the person will eventually love her for who she as an individual. Plus, the prince actually does get a bigger role in this movie than he did in part 1 & 2 and yes, he does rock in this film.

3. Aladdin and the King of Thieves-Well what can I say about this film....it's awesome!!!! And yes, I too loved the relationship between Al and his father and the ending was really touching. Al's father realized that even though he loves his son and that he wants to be there for him, he just can't live in his own son's life and plus, Iago is going with him. Now that's a pretty good ending for both of them. And yes, I was felt with joy when Robin Williams reprised his role as the genie. Not that I have anything against Dan Castellaneta, but Robin is the man. I'm just sayin'!

4. Brother Bear 2-Hey, after watching Brother Bear and actually crying at the end, yes!! I'm a guy and I actually cried at the end of Brother Bear (1) and I ain't afraid to shed a tear. YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT!?!?! Now the sequel was actually not that bad. I mean, I loved the chemistry between Kenai, Nita and Koda all-together. I mean it's got a great premise of wanting to establish that you want to move on with your life, but the bond you made in the past is telling you otherwise.

5. The Return of Jafar-Yeah, sure it's a film that's setting up for the animated series. But, it was a part of my childhood and I actually liked the idea that Iago got his own arc in this film. I mean who could blame him. Iago did established that Jafar is NOTHING without Iago because Iago did all the work and came up with the ideas, but Jafar takes all the credit. In fact, the first film had established that relationship before Iago left. The only downside is that this film is under-appreciated for an actual theatrical release mainly because it's NOT Aladdin's story, but Iago's story and oh yeah...."He's a minion! Minions and villains don't get their own theatrical releases!!!" Pfft!!! :p Tell that to Frozen and Maleficent (2014), Disney!!!

6. The Lion King 1 1/2-Yeah, I know what you guys are thinking!!! "Why would you prefer Lion King 1 1/2 over Lion King 2? Lion King 2 was awesome!!" Guys, I have nothing against Lion King 2, but my only problem with the film is just that it has a bland, generic "Romeo x Juliet"-ish love story, the villains of the film just literally came right out of nowhere, which literally distance itself and alienates everything we all know and loved about the first Lion King movie, and plus the animation wasn't that great in part 2. Also, I didn't buy the fact that Kovu and Kiara were meant to be a couple. I just don't believe that they literally drifted compatible or spiritually connected. But the songs were okay, except for Upendi and Not One of Us. Lion King 1 1/2 on the other hand....I actually thought it was a pretty "midquel". I mean, yeah, Timon and Pumbaa did kind of messed up some of the events from the first Lion King film, but halfway through, they were just trying to find a place they could call home before they actually met Simba in the first film. Plus, looking from their perspective of the first film, they literally had nothing compared to Simba, Simba was just born from a "privileged" lifestyle in Pride Rock, while Timon and Pumbaa got the shaft when you really think about it. But aside from that, I actually laughed at the jokes in one and a half. I mean, really, when you think of Timon and Pumbaa being funny outside of the first Lion King film or in their own movie, YOU REALLY THINK OF TIMON AND PUMBAA ACTUALLY BEING FUNNY OUTSIDE OF THE FIRST LION KING MOVIE WHEN YOU WATCH THIS MOVIE!!!! Beliiiiiieve me!!! Look at The Lion King's Timon and Pumbaa The Animated series for a much clear explanation.

7. 101 Dalmatians II: Patch's London Adventure-Say what you will about 101 Dalmatians, but you gotta admit. When you see the spotted puppies outwit the villains, they can totally kick ass, even if they are animals. Now with this sequel to the original 1961 animated film, I actually thought it was pretty good. I mean look at Lady and the Tramp 2, yeah....that movie was really stupid because obviously Scamp is an idiot. But with Patch!??!??! He's the exact opposite of Scamp. He's actually more intelligent and he kinda comes off as a fanboy like Syndrome from "The Incredibles" was as a kid before he was sent off the deep edge and became a villain later on. But, unlike Syndrome, Patch doesn't have the deranged stalker attitude when he met his TV action star, Thunderbolt in real-life. I mean, if we all met our favorite action stars, we all wanna feel like that kid who wants to hang out with them, but not get in their ways because we admire them and they should have their own space in doing their thing while we do our things by showing off our skills. And that's exactly what 101 Dalmatians II was, it's kinda like reverse-Darkwing Duck, but with dogs. Only this time, the funny character is literally full of himself and he was a TV actor who plays an action hero, but still acts like a kid and we have a fanboy who knows about the show but is also a kid but wants to be recognized as someone special instead being identified as one of his identical siblings. So yeah, if you can get past the animation and learn to love the story more often, then this sequel is definitely one of the best one of all even though Pongo and Perdita hardly do much in it than they did in the first one. Oh and did I neglect to mention that Martin Short's character in this film is actually hillarious?!?!?!?? I mean, this was the one other film where Martin Short actually is funny, next to the Three Amigos.

8. An Extremely Goofy Movie-Well, too be honest, I kinda didn't like this film as a kid, but now that I look at the first Goofy Movie, it was okay. But, I did love the fact that Goofy was trying to reconnect with his son in that movie, and it actually wasn't that bad of a premise. Now the sequel, however....this is kind of more of Goofy's story as tries to get a job by going back to college and yeah, he's a little depressed over the fact that Max is not a little kid anymore and that he's off to live his own life, but aside from that, this movie also did send a good message about what really matters when you go off to college. And that message is...."Yes! It's okay to have fun once in a while, but....education is more important than just winning a sport competition or whatever. You just need to keep your mind focus on other things." Now that's actually a pretty deep and strong message, Disney. The animation is not as good as A Goofy Movie as always, but, still looking past that flaw, it really wasn't that bad as everyone thinks. Sure, the villains are just forgettable, but, hey it's just a minor flaw. Overall, I thought An Extremely Goofy Movie was an okay sequel. Not as good as the first one, but definitely not as bad as any other Disney sequels. On and did I neglect to mention that Goofy's girlfriend in the sequel is also voiced by the same voice actress of Mirage from Aladdin The Animated Series?!??!?!?! *To quote M. Night Shyamalan....* "WHAT A TWEEEEST!!!!!"

9. The Little Mermaid 3: Ariel's Beginning-Well, what can I say about this prequel!??! Well one thing...."BETTER THAN LITTLE MERMAID 2!!!!" Now, the only downside about this film is that it's really unnecessary for Disney to do yet another Little Mermaid prequel when we already have a prequel in the form of the animated series. Yes, The Little Mermaid the TV series is an actual prequel to the first Little Mermaid film in my defense. Don't ask!!! But hey, it's Disney. They just wanna keep on milking the movie's franchise for no reason. But this sequel, unlike part 2 is more of like a retelling of how Ariel's journey was nearly set-up two years before the events of the animated series and parts 1 & 2. That's right in this secondary prequel, Ariel is set up to be around 14 years old. But, that's not important. What is important is that movie also established what actually became of Ariel's mother after she died and how it affected the entire kingdom as well as emphasizing King Triton's judgement on the surface world and why humans should not be trusted, just a tad bit. I mean really, Queen Athena's death scene in this prequel was trully heavy and it would probably have kids not wanting to think how cool pirates are ever again. Lol!! Yeah, considering that the last Pirates of the Caribbean film didn't really do much for it's fans. Who could blame them. But anyways, one of the things that I happened to find interesting in this prequel is that Ariel doesn't sound like the same rebellious teenager that she was in the first film, but she actually reminds me of the characteristics of an average teenage girl who actually wants to try something different in her lifestyle, but at the same time, tries to reconcile with her widowed parents and bring life back into her own family household even though everyone is still mourning over their loss. Another thing that also surprised me even more is that Ariel's sisters also establish some actual personality traits in this film than in the first one, but I felt that Ariel's older sister, Attina was the one who established the most character development among the other five. And she actually did show us that being the oldest sibling means that you are liable to take responsibility for the actions of your younger siblings. Whether you like it or not. As for Sebastian, I kinda like him more in part 1, than I did for him in part 2. I don't why, but the idea of him being the narrator of this film is kind of intriguing, but it actually does do a lot of justice for him as a like-able sidekick character. Overall, I would say that this sequel is actually not as good as part one, but it was kinda better than part 2 and the animation and the story for this prequel really does fit in with Ariel's character as a 14-year-old than as a 16-year old teenage girl. So, I would recommend this for newer and older fans of TLM, but not for die-hard fans of the animated series because of the huge plot hole of Ariel just meeting Flounder for the first time at the age of 14 in this prequel, instead of already meeting him at a younger age in the TV series.

10. Bambi 2-Yep, much like The Lion King 1 1/2, this one is also a midquel. But, unlike most Disney sequels, this actually has a purpose on why it was made...Bambi CAN establish a relationship with his father, the Great Prince of the forest, but he just has to prove his manhood, or his "deer-hood" to be precised. And to be honest, that's not really a bad idea for a midquel. This actually does show that every child should always have a strong relationship with his or her parents from time to time but there gonna be times when a child has to learn to take of themselves without their parents being around to bail them out. The Lion King has established that Simba was lucky to survive the hyenas attack at a young age because Mufasa was there to save him, but once he died, Simba literally didn't have a clue on what he should know on his own or how to truly be a man until his father's ghost reminded him about his duties as the next king. And in A Goofy Movie, it pretty much shown that even though your parents may be annoying or if they're just embarrasing when you become a teenager, there's nothing more important in this world than the relationship that you have with them. Because, you won't know what you truly had until it's gone. And that really did get me thinking how much of a relationship that I've had with my parents and that I should plan some time to spend with them and make every moment count because they won't be there for me forever. So, I would have to make every moment count. Now for Bambi 2, in my perspective, they established that even though the Great Prince still has his duties to fulfill, he still feel like he can't be a parent to Bambi because he doesn't how until he actually starts spending some time getting to know more about his son and he actually did by teaching him all the things he had to learn when he was younger and that if anything were to happen to him, Bambi would fulfill those duties. After all, he is his father's son. Plus, the movie did also show that the Great Prince was also suffering more because he just lost his wife and that Bambi is still mourning for the loss of his mother because of those damn hunters!!! So, he probably felt that as the Great Prince, he should probably find Bambi a new family and a new mother to be with, but sadly it wouldn't feel the same. And with that Bambi's father finally realized that after some time with son, he should take responsibility as single parent and he should always be there for him no matter what. And that's why I actually thought Bambi 2 was a pretty good midquel next to Lion King 1 1/2. Oh and the fact that Bambi's friends also helps support him into impressing his father and we also get to meet Bambi's future rival, Ronno. You know, that other dear who acted like a total dick head to Bambi as an adult!?!?! Well, this midquel will explain why and who Ronno was at a younger age.

So there you have it. These are my top 10 favorite Disney Sequels. Now I wanna here from you guys, what do you about my list? Do agree or disagree with my list? Please explain why and if I missed something on my list, write it down on your replies.

Also, question!!! If you could list down your top favorite Disney sequels, which ones are you most favorites and which ones are your least favorites and why???