My thoughts on Sora and Kairi

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by Gritz, Jun 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dredica SNES was the best.

I think if Sora had hair like Riku, then I wouldn't be mad at his happy disease. He needs to be like Riku a little bit more. I wish Nomura did actually try to make Sora copy Riku, cause if he did, he'd be alot cooler. I like Riku's personalility because he is nice, and mean at the same time. He thinks of his friends first, but not about what he's doing to others to help his friends. Thats what Sora needs to do. Like how Riku was stealing the wooden boy's heart to he could save Kairi, I'd wish Sora would do something like that, he needs to be more selfish. And whenever you play as Riku on kingdom hearts II, its like the whole entire game changes. And did anyone else notice from when Roxas met Sora at the end of kingdom hearts II and morphed into him, he got cooler and mean. Like he totally beat the **** out of Xemnas.

2. *Hippie Jesus* "I get online and notice I have E-mail I click my

Between the area where your parent's have sex
    kairi: i think she did good in both KH games but she was a teenty bit annoying having to get rescued all the f*ckn time

sora: he seemed girly i dunz know about u

3. SuperStardustHD Banned

QTF

Sora and Kairi is the worst couple in video game history

4. Princess Celestia Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

I can think of worse...

Link and Zelda. Link NEVER talks, and is still unnaturally happy. And Zelda is always a damsel in distress. Just think of Sora and Kairi, but Sora as a deaf/mute.

Mario and Peach. Mario's only personality is happiness. Peach is always a damsel in distress... who plays tennis well.

James Bond and any of his women. The girls are usually nothing more than damsel's in distress. Bond is an arrogant jerk. Never anything more.

5. SuperStardustHD Banned

Alright they're not one of the worst in the history, but a wery bad anyway :\

6. key dragon One with the keyblade

Hey, maybe we'll see Roxas act different in KH3. I wanna see him beat the **** out of more people.:p

7. Bubbletopian_Bobo Moogle Assistant

Kairi and Sora

Well, lets just hope that in kingdom Hearts 3 (if it ever comes out) Kairi will be deeper as will be Sora, lets hope that both have a Dark side, meaning going crazy with darkness or something

8. Crumpet In your shadow, I can shine!

Yeah he's very childish and he's such an idiot, Donals needs to knowck some sense into him

9. Amber PLUR

I think Sora is an idiot and Kairi's ok but Square Enix needs to develop her character a bit more~

10. .:AxelxRoxas:. Merlin's Housekeeper

I agree with you opinion. Sora acts alot like a little brat and Kairi, well, I'm a girl first off, but she should be useful sometimes...Its pretty annoying....

11. key dragon One with the keyblade

Well Sora does have the Anti Form, that has to count for something. Kairi however, is a Princess of Light, so she doesn't have ANY darkness.

12. Luka Deafening silence

wow lol youre right i never thought about things this way xDDDD
    i still love kairi though :P

13. JorrellVsRoxas Traverse Town Homebody

You guys have to keep in mind that its a rated ~E 10+~ game and its made by disney... so it was suppose to appeal to younger kids ^ ^

14. key dragon One with the keyblade

I would LOVE to see Sora go Dementor on Kairi's ass in KH3.:)

It'd be quite..........entertaining.

15. */LoSt NoBodY\* Merlin's Housekeeper

I think Kairi's character was a little improved in KH2 and you have to understand that in KH1 she only had her heart for the first 5 minutes then was a mute and she did offer to help Sora. I wish she had her keyblade back then...

16. koolashley King's Apprentice

What's so bad about Sora's optimisim? I mean, it's not like all video game characters have to be dark, mysterious people that you don't even know they're personality until the end, or even just guys that look good and get girlfriends and you don't know what happened to them in the next movie/video game.

Yes, it does get the better of him, and people get so annoyed that they practically like him one minute then they hate him the next.

At least he has personality, Mario barely ever talks, Link never talks, Sonic is just some boob that runs around all day, and they're still popular.

17. Last of the Organization Twilight Town Denizen

I agree....but like its been pointed out....its Disney.....its a E rated game....no I don't think 2 should be teen.....they just don't fit....

18. Namine-x Merlin's Housekeeper

Kairi really annoys me.
    When i first started playing the game i was like "there's something wrong with this character" then after a while it clicked - There's nothing wrong with her she's little miss perfect, the total steriotypical disney princess. I know she's a princess of heat so she has to "pure" but come on give her a little bit of fight or something - maybe a violent outburst? Anything.

19. Zandyne King's Apprentice

I think it's funny you say this, as Nomura created the characters and you can even compare them to the Disney ones that appear. Also, I assure you the main production team is Square not Disney. (Look at the credits)

Belle, Mulan and Alice.

Belle jabbed Xaldin and knows self-defense! Mulan is a warior (well was a better one in her Disney movie, yeah I know she isn't a Disney princess but still.) Alice....just....she was a princess and she showed more kick than Kairi.

Also Kairi is a Mary Sue, not a Disney Princess (Nomura spawned her).

20. Repliku Chaser

Sora seemed alright to me. Yes, he's kind of a person that misses perceptive things others would notice in a heart beat, but he does try to see into people's hearts and is helpful etc. It was cute..kind of refreshing after so many FF games with emo lead characters. I am hoping in KH3 that Sora will 'grow up' some though and be more perceptive to obvious reasoning things around him and the game will be a bit more mature because of it.

As for Kairi, she was nothing much in KH. In KH2, she showed a bit more flavor and was fleshed out just a bit more but she's still the Mary Sue of the game. I really think it hurts to see someone who is supposed to be a main character that will sit there and just get captured all of the time, but at least this time she had a bit more fight and maybe that's Nomura's direction is to show how all 3 grow and alter and that she did just start out as this delicate thing that needs molded.

At least it's my hope. Riku, had he not been corrupted and all, should have been the one to hold the Keyblade power etc and he was pretty shafted. He had the most commonsense, reasoning etc. His flaw of not wanting to be alone and feel worthless is what got him into trouble, which tells that the character probably did not just have a perfect childhood. He lost something or someone important at sometime.

So Sora to me is fine because it is a break from the usual 'angsty' characters that have little reason to be so miserable and hate others. With some maturity in KH3 to show he's growing up, I think he'll be fine. Kairi needs more work to show she's not just a damsel in distress or someone that can only use her abilities at points where the other characters might be screwed (or just Sora since well, she never does much for Riku even if he had tried for her). I think they will both be okay if Sora just matures some and Kairi is out there more doing anything other than getting captured again and being helpless. I also hope this doesn't mean though that Riku gets screwed over more and made worse because the focus will again go off of him entirely but for shadow work. I mean seriously...the guy can't even have his own action figure but Kairi has one. There's something wrong with that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.