Traditional Art My picture for the 10 year anniversary of Muv Luv.

Discussion in 'Arts & Graphics' started by windblade, Apr 11, 2013.

1. windblade King's Apprentice

Link:
    http://xorte-renshe.deviantart.com/art/Muv-Luv-10-Year-Anniversary-364620542

Man, it's been 11 years since I was introduced to this series with Kimi ga Ita Kisetsu thanks to a Japanese friend of mine back in 2002. She, along with some other Japanese friends, were kind enough to translate the games for me as we played (naturally, the eroge scenes were pretty awkward, but everything else was great) (I was 10 years old, too, so it was even more awkward). I had just barely finished Kimi ga Nozomu Eien when Muv Luv came out February 2003, and I still had Akane Maniax to get through. So, it was a few months before I actually got to play Muv Luv, but it started the most epic story arc I'd yet to see. Only in 2006 did this series finally become my favourite with the release of Muv Luv Alternative. Now THAT was one hell of a game. It took the characters from all the previous games (as each game starred different characters), and put them together in this amazing story.

So, to commemorate the release of the first Muv Luv (which is technically 2 games in 1), I made that beast up there.

Oh yeah, my avatar and sig are images from Muv Luv. I forgot about that. It's been a while since I've actually looked at one of my own posts.

2. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I have sadly never heard of this game but woah, I love the drawing! Your colouring is smooth, the lines and nice and flow well, you definitely have the Japanese feel which can sometimes be hard to capture. The shading and proportions are good and the colours are very satisfying to look at.

I have very little to actually critique on so I apologise, just keep it up! Nice work and I'd love to see more.

3. windblade King's Apprentice

Wow, thanks! ///_o
    I feel so honoured, haha.

In terms of emotional drama and romance, I've yet to really find a story I like more than this KimiIta series. If you ever have multiple hours to waste, Kiminozo and Akane Maniax been turned into anime, which are both subtitled and translated, and Muv Luv and Muv Luv Alternative both have english fan translations by now.

The art style was an attempt at mimicking "Bou", the main artist for the first 5 Muv Luv games. I'm so happy that I at least got this close. ///_^