Television My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by pnppl, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Thought I'd post this here...

Looks like Season 4 will come back this winter, not fall (Source)

A bit sad, but now that I think about it, by the time Season 4 is over, I would be a college graduate (assuming I don't screw up)

Also, here are two great fan animations that were released this month:

Snowdrop (which was really heartbreaking):

Double Rainboom (for random crossover silliness):

2. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

I watched Double Rainboom. It almost sated my hunger for ponies, that doesn't sound right I know. I loved it. I could do without a few things from the xover but other than that, it was pretty good for a fan made video. I'll watch the Snowdrop one now XD Maybe it'll quench my thirst a bit.

EDIT: Just watched Snowdrop . . . I was teary eyed through most of it.

3. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Season 4 in the winter? What a party poop ; ;

In other news, happy April Fools' guys:

[​IMG]

4. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

Somebody is a little late for the pary >.< I don't mind waiting. I'm gonna be busy by then anyway. I'll be starting (hopefully anyway) college in the fall, working, and generally being busy. Of course I could always record it, but I'd rather be able to enjoy the season after getting settled down, rather than cramming it in between work and studies.

5. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

And here's the next in my...

Roxam's Comic-Con Update for Shows he Follows

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Edition

-As a princess, there will be new opportunities to explore with Twilight Sparkle (but she'll still be a dork)
    -They are doing something that they have never done on the show before but keeping it the MLP style
    -Characters who have never sang before will finally do it in S4 (high possibility of Luna being one of those characters)
    -As opposed to S3, Rarity will have her own episode in S4
    -Pinkie Pie has her own musical episode
    -Derpy lives
    -"Scootaloo can't fly" episode
    -Mane 6 are apparently superheroes in an episode
    -Evil Luna (NMM return?)

Source

6. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

I actually had to follow a link on that page to find this information. Well, it was easier finding the information.

Couple of notes:

[​IMG]

Glad to see the Crusaders aren't down for the count. Well, at least not all of them. *sob* Poor Babs.

WTF? Seriously? NMM . . . again? I liked that version of her, because I was kind of heartbroken with the backstory, but I like Luna a whole lot more.

I'll always love your night sky, Luna!!!

I'm pretty sure it's an illegitimate allegation, but that would be totally awesome if all the girls became alicorns.

Mane6 5evah!!!

Ohmygosh ohmygosh ohmygooosh!!! Derpy's coming back!!! Must ignore all other aspects of daily life to see this moment.

She better get her own song this time or I'ma buck somepony up >:3

Yeah, that's basically it. Can't wait for season four. It's going to be amazing!

7. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

I've been hearing theories that it could possibly be a flashback of some sort, showing how Luna transformed into NMM. But, we'll have to wait and see.

8. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

Actually, I watched the clip and that's exactly what it looks like. If that isn't what it turns out to be then I'll be shocked. As for how Twilight ends up in one of Celestia's memories, I couldn't say. That does indeed appear as what is going on there.

9. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

10. Hiro ✩ Guardian

11. SoulboundAlchemist Gummi Ship Junkie

It could be like the penseive in Harry Potter, but it seems more likely that Celestia is showing Twilight, or maybe Luna is showing Twilight while shes asleep (I'm sure we all remember Sleepless in Ponyville)

12. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

It feels like my life will be complete. This November is going to bring so much for me. Mlp, Doctor Who, The Hunger Games. Also, for others who may be participating, no shave November. I'll hopefully be off to college by then as well. And, oh yes, it all takes place in one of my favorite months; long live V!!!

I don't know if it would roll that way, or if the creators would pull such a direct and obvious reference to the series, but I will say that I'm definitely looking forward to it. Whatever it is. ^^

13. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

So I love this show.... and I just finished Season 3.

What... the... heck... happened to this show's pacing?

SONG SONG OKAY TIME FOR SCENE QUICK GO TO THE NEXT SCE- SONG PLOT TWIST END

14. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

I figured this best belonged in here since it's related to the show.

There's a petition to bring the show back to the UK. For anyone willing to sign it, you can find it here.

It'd mean alot to me and the children/bronies of the UK. Let's help spread the magic of friendship, eh?

15. Alan Smithee Destiny Islands Resident

I actually sort of liked Equestria Girls. My only real problem was with the villain; everything else was decent to me.

P.S.: FLASH SENTRY STOLE MAH WAIFU!!!

16. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

I swear, if I had a nickel for every time I heard someone say that, I'd be rich enough to take over a country.

17. Alan Smithee Destiny Islands Resident

Which would you be? Earth Pony, Pegasus, or Unicorn?

Me = Unicorn

18. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Pegasus.

Anyway, here are some images from the upcoming S4 premiere on Nov. 23rd (are a bit spoilerific though...):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not sure if my eyes are deceiving me, but it looks as though the art style may have changed SLIGHTLY.

19. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

Looks like it might have changed slightly, but not enough to set it completely apart from the prior style. May have added/removed/changed an artist or something.

• Looks like the first image is from the first episode, as captioned by the caption within (>_>).
    • The second and third appear to be from an episode that was revealed at Bronycon. Here's a video, though it's just the storyboard, however it does have voices. The song in this panel preview was actually pretty good, even though it was just storyboard animatics.
    • The last one is a toss up though I'm willing to bet it's also part of the same episode as the previous two images. That or a lot of these eps are going to involve depressed Twilight Sparkle ... though with Season 3 ...
    At any rate, I'm definitely looking forward to the upcoming season. Just roughly seven days left till the premiere (in my area). Can't wait to see the show prove all the 'Princess Twilight Sparkle' neighsayers (pun intended) wrong. It's going to be a great season and a good way to end the year (statement would fit better if the air date were on new years eve but I don't want to wait that long so xD). See everypony on the twenty third (yes I said everypony) to talk about how awesome the premiere was ^^

20. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

I think what caught my attention was...

Nightmare Moon. I can't quite point my finger at it, but there's just something... different about the way she's drawn in comparison to the S1 premiere. Also, the ponies in the first image do seem a bit shinier than before.

But like you said, not too different than the art style of previous seasons.