Television My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by pnppl, Mar 20, 2011.

1. pnppl Merlin's Housekeeper

I'll let this dude from Something Awful explain.

You may have noticed that I am a pony fan. I challenge you to give it a chance: the best introductory episode is probably 07, but, if you are willing, you should just start at episode one and if you don't like it by episode seven you should just quit.

2. きんたろ Banned

I'm sorry, I watched the first episode in its entirety but couldn't get into it. :(

3. pnppl Merlin's Housekeeper

The first episode is one of the weakest — if you just want to watch a single episode, I say go for seven.

4. Catch the Rain As the world falls down ♥

Ok, when I was a little girl, I was the biggest My Little Pony fan pretty much ever. I was obsessed with it, and that is why I think I am going to keep away from this.

It was such a big piece of my childhood, that I am wary of ruining that. Sorry if that sounds lame.

That being said, the art style looks ultra cute and fresh. Must. Resist.

5. pnppl Merlin's Housekeeper

That is understandable. I've not much exposure to the older series, but the little I've had makes me think the new series has very little in common with it, other than the name and a few characters.

The art is what initially piqued my interest, and it's what kept me watching after the first episode.

6. reptar REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It's actually alot more better than I thought it was. In my opinion its like the TMNT of the 2010's, since they were both shows based of an 80's franchise that happen to still be good.

7. pnppl Merlin's Housekeeper

Interesting comparison. If only FiM would air on an ordinary channel like TMNT, then I would be one happy pony.

8. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

.... I had already watched two episodes. <.< >.>

That being said, I agree with that whole article. It seems very Powerpuff Girls-esque. The humour of it is in such a category that children, adolescents, and adults will enjoy it.

I don't get the channel that it airs on, but it's on YouTube, dudez.

9. pnppl Merlin's Housekeeper

Yeah, Luna, I don't think anyone gets that channel, haha.

Kasey, that is essentially correct, but it is also true of many other series that can be excellent regardless (see: Star Wars). The implication that its job as a toy advertisement undermines its potential as a good cartoon is pretty unfair in my opinion — Lauren Faust has to concede some things, sure, but she does a great job overall. If there is something specific you have against the show's execution, I would be glad to hear it, but this criticism doesn't really address the quality of the show.

One of the benefits of their basing their business model on selling merchandise, is that they don't seem to care that the episodes are all over YouTube. Oddly enough, Hasbro seems to not be taking much advantage of the toy potential, and offers very few FiM toys (and the ones that exist are often inaccurate or very difficult to find).

Edit: Anyone want to see my pony collection?

10. venster You never heard of me, but I pop in time to time

I actually want to see this REALLY badly. I loved the smoothness of the animation and I saw little clips of it.

11. P Banned

A decent cartoon? I'm tempted.

How linear is the story? Can I jump in anywhere, or does it help to have seen everything?

And does anyone have a link to proper downloads?

12. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

It'd be best to watch the first two episodes before watching the others (it's a "two-parter"). It introduces all the characters, how they met, while also focusing on a major conflict. But after that, the order that you watch them doesn't really matter.

And I don't know where one would be able to download them, but they are all on YouTube. If you wanted to, you could use a site like www.onlinevideoconverter.com to download them from there.

13. Sufris Twilight Town Denizen

Strangely enough, it was my 20 year old brother and his obsession fondness for Fluttershy(?) that actually got me curious. I currently have 14 episodes of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic waiting to be watched on my hardrive.

I was starting to wonder why KH-V seemed to be immune to fads...

14. venster You never heard of me, but I pop in time to time

I actually never was a My Little Pony fan. I never knew the character names or knew what the whole series was about before.

But I'm 19 now and I am surely enjoying the series now. xD

15. Ventus PSP Aqua Gummi Ship Junkie

I first saw the commercial of it and watched a few episodes and I liked it. Not a big fan of My Little Pony but I've still got some toys of them.

16. Hiro ✩ Guardian

I'll get you to be fan yet my pretty, *eye twitch* and then you'll be mine! ALL MINE!!!!! *evil laugh* Whoa! *falls and lands in a net*

17. Saxima [screams geometrically]

I watch it sometimes with my sister, and I can understand why people like it, but why it became a fad, I'll never know. I like it because it's made of childhood cliches. The animation is kinda cool too.

18. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

There you go.

19. Hiro ✩ Guardian

A friend told me about it and to not be rude I gave it a go. I do see the appeal and I will admit I wanna see all the episodes, but it's not anything I haven't seen before. Friends meet, go on a quest, about to win, suddenly fail and have to restart, etc.
    ^DBZ right there in a nutshell, minus the 50 episode powerups and the 20 episodes of talking, and the 10 eoisodes of fighting before some more episodes of talking.

20. Daxa~ #stalker

I do love this show.
    A lot.
    And have made other people watch it with me.

But I suppose its party because I have always loved MLP,and also that its just so adorable...well I do love it so.
    <3