My KH2 Ultima Keyblade Replica

Discussion in 'Arts & Graphics' started by Key of Awakening, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Key of Awakening Merlin's Housekeeper

Hey guys, Key of Awakening here (normally go by TPN or Team Plasma N elsewhere). Long time ago I took up a project to replicate KH2's Ultima Weapon as best I could. However, my ambition to hone my skills in Pokemon and recently Smash made me procrastinate on this project. However, I'm glad to say it's pretty much finally done! Here's the final product:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A few adjustments were made so it would be more durable/have more support, so it's not 100% exact. However, If I approached it slightly different, it would probably be more accurate. And yes, for now the keychain is missing. This is my first "serious" keyblade that I've made, so the experience was well worth it and should aid me should I decide to make more keyblades.

2. Misty gimme kiss

This is awesome! I've seen a lot of Keyblades over the years but few take on ones as ambitious as the KHII Ultima Weapon.

What's it made out of? I'm also curious about the dimensions, it looked rather massive in-game but you may have sized it down a little heh

3. CloakedThunder Destiny Islands Resident

I really like the Keyblade you made, it's great, I think your really talented at making it

4. Key of Awakening Merlin's Housekeeper

Yup, originally I was going to make it 43 inches overall, blade length measuring about 32 inches. However, I designed the pattern smaller than I intended with the program I used, so I had to cut a bit of of the blade as scaling the pattern itself ended up making it too big without it looking odd (and the pattern took like... forever to design XD). So it's currently an overall length of 36 inches, blade length measuring about 26 inches. It's made from softwood and hardened with fibreglass and epoxy resin, with wood filler and bondo applied to harden/support areas that needed it.

Thank you :)!