Traditional Art My Digital AP Art Installation

Discussion in 'Arts & Graphics' started by Llave, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Llave Superless Moderator

So about 3 months ago, we had an art show at my high school and I was in AP studio art. This class was only available for Seniors and each one of us in AP art had to have an installation in the art show. (Clusterfudge of work and make it look good.)

Quick background- My teacher was a crazy "evil" version of Ms. Frizzle from Magic school bus and she hated everything about Japan. *tear*

She loved the classics, so i gave her "classics". she was hardcore on art philosophy. (in other words, everything has meaning, even subliminal.) *currently rolling my eyes*

So i thought i'd share it with you, my theme was Humans and Techology. (I completely understand if you don't get any of this... i don't either.)

"Music in my Head" [​IMG]

"Eye and the Wheel"[​IMG]

"Iron Fist"[​IMG]

"Metallic Honor"[​IMG]

"Technospine"[​IMG]

"Vitruvian Cyborg"
    [​IMG]

Sorry that these are sooo big, look at the bright side, you can easily see all my mistakes now:) Hahaa anyways, i'd love to hear feedback. (if any...)

2. Amaury Legendary Hero

Those are very nicely designed.

My favorite has to be the last one because it looks like it's imitating the arms of Shiva.

There are some areas where the lines are crooked, but I know those are hard to get right.

3. Llave Superless Moderator

Hahaa i think you are referring to the last one... I titled all of them, that one's called "Vitruvian Cyborg" which is based off of the Vitruvian Man from Leonardo da Vinci. Hahaa but thanks, i colored and inked him on paper, then did the rest on computer.

4. Iskandar King of Conquerors

these are pretty good. I understand a few of them, but that's an evil teacher you've got there. Don't worry, you'll make it through soon. In any case, I liked the Iron Fist and Virtuvian Cyborg. Terminator much?

5. cronoking Chaser

You art does a good job of presenting your theme. It's all lovely and morbid. I especially liked the Vitruvian Cyborg. No matter how many times I see the Vitruvian Man remade, it's still amusing.
    Plus it's way more serious than the work I did in AP art. Mine was all comics and dead baby jokes.

6. Llave Superless Moderator

Hahaa thanks for kind words:) I had just finished high school, so the nightmare is all over:) the Virtuvian Cyborg wasn't based off of Terminator, but now that i look back at it, it does... i was spewing rubbish out of my mind, wanted to get them done at the time.

Hahaa lovely and morbid? that's an awesome description! Well i'm glad you could do comics, my teacher hated them.

She Hated Japan. (and hated is the nicest term to use... o_0 ) Apparently the reason she hated Japan was, that her friends were killed by a group of Japanese people. That's all i know, i asked her if she may had mistaken them as another asian race, but she didn't care... so i wasn't allowed to do manga, the thing i love to do. Well i could, but she frowned upon it, and i was getting annoyed at her complaints, so i just did something that i would "enjoy" and that would shut her up. (now that i look back, i did enjoy the morbid aura of it all:)) thanks!

7. Shinichi Izumi Totally Pink and stuff

these aree all verry good but "Eye and the Wheel" is kinda simple its just a weel...
    but you did a good job , may i ask hat program you used?

8. Llave Superless Moderator

Thanks! I kinda rushed through it, the theme was Humans and Technology, so i thought of making a comparison of an eye- Human, and a wheel- Technology. That's all the thought i put into it...

As for the program, i use Corel Painter Essentials 3, however i just bought a new bamboo pad today, (Yes!!!) so now i have Corel Painter Essentials 4. Same thing, just things moved around and new look...