My book should be published this year.

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by AlexleHoshi, Jan 7, 2017.

1. AlexleHoshi Dude called Alex

(Posting it here and not in the literature section since I'm not published yet. Move this if it should be there.)

That's right everyone. The very same person who had issues with typos a few years ago has written a book. I've been working on this project since I was 18. it's only taken this long because of college, family and depression got in my way, as well the problem I had with spelling which I have under control.

The title of my book is Blood Skies

The genre the book is fantasy and set in the world of Eden where the people have elemental magical skills based on where they live. A small percentage of people also have the ability to transform into non-human creatures.

The protagonist is called Heidi Cole who lives in a large forest with her grandmother who most uses Earth magic.

The antagonist is called Shani, captain of a sky pirate ship called Blood Skies.

That's all I want to give away for now when it's close to being published. I'll give you all more details.

(I need to raise some money to get it published, commission information in my signature).

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  2. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Congrats on the book.

3. AlexleHoshi Dude called Alex

Thank you. I'll update you all when it's being published.

4. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

How excited are you?
    Her wording however

5. AlexleHoshi Dude called Alex

That is what editors are for. I've fixed the mistake, thanks for pointing it out. To answer your question; I am very excited. I've been working on this book since before I joined this site. The main reasons it's taken so is because of life, college ad depression.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  6. Yozora Archer

It sounds pretty interesting, and the whole Elements thing reminds me of Avatar.

Congratulations! It's a huge feat, and it comes to show that pepole with badd spelieng can work wonders.

7. AlexleHoshi Dude called Alex

It does a little, but that's the only thing they have in common really. And I see what you did there.

8. Yozora Archer

You should go post a pic of yourself over at the Post Your Picture thread so I can see if working on this book has affected your look in any way.

9. AlexleHoshi Dude called Alex

Well has it?

10. Yozora Archer

You don't have the creepy yellow Sith eyes going on so I think you are doing just fine.

Yellow sith eyes are cool though you should go for it.

11. AlexleHoshi Dude called Alex

What's that a reference too?

Also, update! Turns out I can pay half of what I need to now and the rest once the book is ready to be sold. so I can get it started sooner then I expected.