Muse

Discussion in 'Music' started by Crimson, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Crimson Merlin's Housekeeper

You must have heard of this one. Either via Twilight**** or other, more humane sources. Preferably via the other, more humane sources.

Muse is amazing. No, wait. It's beyond amazing. It's perfection. Of course their new album was rather... let's say different, but the songs were still enjoyable. The older stuff's where the eargasms are at, definitely.

I just can't be the only fangirl here. Favourite songs, favourite albums, stories about live performances you've seen, general thoughts of the band, either good or bad - come and post them here.

(The previous thread; here. Don't let this one get closed.)

2. reptar REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I heard of Muse from a KHV member here in about 06/07. They are not my favorite band ever, but I do like some of their songs, mainly the ones with obvious Depeche Mode influence.

3. beezygee Gummi Ship Junkie

I actually really liked their last album despite what other people might have said about it. :x

I was going to go to one of their concert last month since they were playing in my town, but some things came up and wasn't able to go. Hopefully they'll come back so I can go see them.
    My favorite albums from them has so be Absolution and Showbiz. I like all their albums but those two, imo, are their best.

4. Twilight Knight Traverse Town Homebody

I found these guys while I was listening to my friend's MP3 on a bus a few years ago. Since then, I've seen them live at Wembely Stadium and I have most of their albums. My favorite songs from them are Starlight, I Belong To You (Mon Coeur S'ouvre À Ta Voix), Map Of The Problematique, and Assassin (Grand Omega Bosses Edit).

5. Cloud3514 Kingdom Keeper

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
    Nice contradiction.

Also, Muse is, well, really hit or miss. When they hit, they hit hard, but when they miss, they really miss.

6. Crimson Merlin's Housekeeper

I think Map Of The Problematique's one of those with Depeche Mode influence. That song is my absolute favourite, so I think I can say that I agree with you on that. ♥

I don't like I Belong To You that much. Idk if it's because of the fact that it's in Twilight or something else. Twilight's been affecting my taste in their music so much; for example, I can't listen to Supermassive Black Hole anymore. It reminds me of the series, which pisses me off to no end.

Oh please, I wrote this half-asleep. Some mercy.

Eh, that is true. Been happening to many bands lately.

7. Cloud3514 Kingdom Keeper

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
    Mercy is for the weak!!!

8. Mr. Van Whippy ♥ Biscuits and cookies

Muse is one of those bands that will never have my full attention. I like them and i've tried a lot of times to..., well i don't know, like them more if you say, but as with Coldplay i can never like them enough to say that i'm a fan of them. Weird actually.

Supermassive Black Hole is amazing and Twilight is in no possible way to ruin it. It's funny because not many people knew about that song or even Muse and when SMBH played in the film everyone was like WOW! I remember being like "Hello! It's not a new song!" Twilight, as bad as it is, did something good by drawing more attention to the band to say the least.

9. Crimson Merlin's Housekeeper

Not denying that the song is good. It's a nice song, although not one of my favourites. I am also not claiming that it didn't give them publicity. It was just my opinion of this whole "Muse in Twilight" thing. It's great that the band found a way to get more popular in the States and such, but why did it have to be the most unpleasant vampire story I've ever heard of?

Twilight is bad. The song reminds me of Twilight. It makes me feel bad. Ridiculous, even. Thus I can't listen to it. Simple as that.

10. Darkandroid Gets it Together

If you're from the UK chances are you've heard of them long before Twilight featured them on their soundtrack. They're pretty huge over here.

I'm not the biggest Muse fan but I love the album Absolute. Don't like their new one though. Not to my tastes.

11. Bubble Master Califa Hollow Bastion Committee

I don't mind them too much, i have 'that' album with 'that' song on it. (i think you know what I mean) but i found it after a tv advert for britains next top model in 2007, not twilight.

I'm meh or woo with them mostly. It's either just nothing special or its decent. I think they'd suit more a sound with an electroninca/synthesier tinged orchestra ballad sound than the progressive rock they chose to go into.

12. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

My sister and the rest of my family adore Muse. I like Knights of Cydonia which I first heard from Guitar hero 3. I have to admit though, I don't like how the main singer (Matt something?) groans as he sings. Some of there music is amazing but it just irritates me how he groans. (I'm sure a lot of Muse fans are hating me right now xD)

Muse were cool before Twilight, they seem to have adopted Muse for a lot of their music which makes all the twilight fangirls love them. Ooh, I like super massive black hole as well plus there is another one, I think it's called Uprising or something along those lines.

I like Muse, but in small quantities.

13. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

Now Muse is definitely my favorite band. I heard of them because of Neutron Star Collision from the Eclipse movie back in 2010, but I was not into them at the time. I only got into them last year around October when I was searching for Rocksmith gameplay and I stumbled into Plug-In Baby (Which remains as my #2 favorite song from Muse, #1 being Knights of Cydonia.) Even since then, I have admired their music. And to be honest? I like the 2nd Law, The Resistance, and the songs that have been currently released from their upcoming album Drones (Psycho, Dead Inside and Mercy) and I am proud of that fact. I can see why a lot of people are hating on those albums though, because older fans usually do not want their music style to change. Honestly for me, it does not even really matter as long as they make good music. I think the older fans do not want to admit that the band's musical style is changing as they get older.

Anyways, I love the band with all my heart, and I will continue to support them throughout the years. I have honestly never felt this committed to a band before in my life.