Muscle Spasms Have been continuing for hours?

Discussion in 'Help with Life' started by Sexy Sheva, Jul 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sexy Sheva Banned

I dislocated my knee yesterday and ever since then, i've been having muscle spasms above my knee below my thigh... It's been nonstop and my whole knee is numb. What should i do?

2. *Hippie Jesus* "I get online and notice I have E-mail I click my

Between the area where your parent's have sex
    I'm no doctor but what I would do is drink more water and eat a bunch of fruits.

3. RoxaSora2010 Nulla è reale. Tutto è lecito.

I had it too.
    The only thing I can suggest you, is wait WITHOUT STRIVE YOUR KNEE (BE CAREFUL OR IT CAN WORSEN), so try to:

1. Don't run.
    2. Walk slow or normal, but be careful.
    3. When u go up the staircases, try to supported somewhere.
    4. When u are sit, always stretch the legs, but not too.
    5. Try to use some ointment 2 or 3 days for day.(depends how much pain you feel)
    6. The most important: Insert in your body Minerals salts (Magnesium). Go in a pharmacy and ask integrator to feed of magnesium (or mineral salts)

Sorry, I'm not a doctor, but I told you what I did. Hope it will works.
    Recover soon :D

4. Repliku Chaser

Get some ice and put it over the area that has the muscle spasms. Make sure it's an ice pack and if you can, don't apply it directly to the skin but use some towel or something.

Also, elevate the leg that is sore, maybe massage the area some. If you take a bath and soak the leg and then after put the ice pack on, that might help.

If the problem persists, you might want to try some athletic tape or a knee brace to help keep the knee in the position it needs to be in. You may have tendinitis which means the muscle is flared and you need to treat it carefully for a while. Stretch it out, wiggle your toes and keep it elevated when you can. Try to not run much on it and watch it for a week or two. If it isn't getting better with the advice here, I'd definitely tell someone and see if you can't go to see a doctor. Also, if it is bothering you a lot, take an Ibuprofen pill once every 6 hours, no more than 2 to 3 times a day which helps reduce swelling and can take away the pain.

Doctor Repliku out. ~

5. Sexy Sheva Banned

x3 why thank you doctor

I've been doing most of what you've already said, i already had a knee brace from the 1st time i dislocated it back in Febraruy...I used it again in May when it happened again...

My mom scheduled me for a doctors visit on the 7th of August. It'll be a while >_<

6. Repliku Chaser

Good luck and I hope you feel better. Sometimes injuries may need some special additional care even if you went through all this before. Also, sometimes we get pain etc from an area as it took some trauma so it just might need once again that you go through this to calm it down. It sucks you have to wait so long to go to the doctor but if you do the things mentioned that you say you already are, maybe it will tone down for you and be manageable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.