MSN Name Issue

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Aura, Nov 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aura Goddess

To be honest I'm not sure how many of you still use it but I figured I might as well since it's really frustrating.

I still have the old MSN, not the stupid Essentials one, so I had the color and special characters in my name for a while now. But just yesterday when I signed on, it changed my name to my email even though I never did that. Now whenever I change my name to maybe just "Aura" with no characters or anything, it takes my picture off and the message underneath the name. But when I try changing it back to my name that had color and special characters, it just changes it back to my email.

I'm not sure how to fix it and I'm scared to uninstall because I don't want the Essentials MSN one. Help? <_<

2. Misty gimme kiss

Within about five months Microsoft will be closing MSN, so I wouldn't be surprised if the service was already having issues. Even with the 2009 Messenger, though, I believe the only way to change your name is to do it through their website and not the program.

At this point though you should probably just migrate to Skype.

3. Aura Goddess

Yeah I knew it was going to close down when it was first announced so meh. I just used it still since I was used to being on there. I use Skype every once in a while either way. Thank you regardless. This can be closed.

4. Plums Wakanda Forever

_LOCKED on requesttttt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.