Most soul destroying mini game?

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by phoenixkh93, Jun 18, 2015.

1. phoenixkh93 Gummi Ship Junkie

Especially to do with trying to get high scores for trophies/journal entries and things.

Now I do love the mini games of Kingdom Hearts, they make for interesting additions to the game and can be really fun, but which ones did people find the most frustrating? For instance the magic carpet ride in KH2 which was actually only completable once every few attempts when an extra heartless would appear.

But the one that's caused me most anguish so far is that flipping Panic Vegetable mini game in 100 acre wood during re:chain of memories. The one where countless vegetables trundle down the hill towards you and you have to smack them left and right 150 times to get the trophy. This wouldn't be so bad if you didn't have to rescue the idiotic pooh bear, who decides to sabotage all of your efforts by casually meandering into the oncoming produce and getting himself killed. I say he should just be left to deal with the consequences of his own foolish actions. But if that wasn't bad enough he has the audacity to maniacally titter 'ohoho what fun!!!' as a monstrous pumpkin rumbles towards you and crushes you to pulp.

Safe to say I have not got this trophy yet.

2. Explode Who?!

Yeah, the vegetable one was one of the hardest. It took me probably 45 minutes to get the rhythm down. Tigger's memory game is potentially really annoying, but thankfully you can pause it so you can write down all of the buttons for each turn. After spending a lot of time on the others, I didn't want to even try doing it legitimately.

The one that gave me the most trouble though was the KH2 side-scroller where you save Piglet and collect honey. Spent way too long on it. Got to where I could do it almost flawlessly but still couldn't quite get enough points by the end. Then read that if you just positioned yourself correctly near the end, you can get more than enough. So it's trivial if you know that placement, but otherwise it's virtually impossible. Really infuriating.

3. CloakedThunder Destiny Islands Resident

The most frustrating minigame for me in KH was the motorcycle mingame in Tron's world in KH2, don't know why just always found this minigame a lot more difficult compared to the others in the KH series

4. phoenixkh93 Gummi Ship Junkie

Same for both of these, once I got to the tigger memory one I just kinda cheated. The most annoying thing was that on my first go just while playing through the story, I had very very nearly gotten the amount needed for the trophy on almost all of the mini games (excluding the vegetable one), wish I'd just gone for a little longer!

oh yeah me too on that one :S On my first playthrough I had got all the points except one that I needed after multiple attempts so I just repeatedly crashed into one of the purple devastator heartless by the exit until I got it.

5. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Honestly, the most annoying mini-games for me were all the the ones you had to do to raise money with Roxas in KH2. Past that, none of them really bothered me too much.

6. nickoboyzx Gummi Ship Junkie

i mostly forget what mini game that frustrating the most for kingdom heart 2 .
    but,as for birth by sleep the most frustrating mini game is fruitball againts captain dark/captain justice.
    which took me almost 2 weeks for me to win once.
    never play fruitball for BBS ever again

7. Misty gimme kiss

The ice cream stacking minigames from Birth by Sleep immediately comes to mind. I think you play it as Ventus? I was on a flight to Disney World when I reached it and I spent at least an hour and a half on it -- I just couldn't get the rhythm down. I'm fairly certain you play it to the tune of It's A Small World, also, which is torture in itself.
    Oh yeah I remember getting stuck here for a while -- the turning mechanics I remember as very unfriendly and your HP would deplete very quickly with no way to restore it.

I'm not sure if it counts as a minigame as much as a boss fight, but the 10 forms in 10 seconds segments of the Demyx boss fight are horrific. He can be a challenging boss by himself, but when you're doing well against him and then lose to the little minigame, it's rage-inducing.

8. phoenixkh93 Gummi Ship Junkie

Yeah that can be traumatic :S Another one which I'm not quite sure if it counts as a mini game per se, but whenever you had one of those 'protect X and get them to this place!' sections I found those annoying, especially Snow White with Ven in BBS. The people you're protecting just seem so squishy and delicate, you can't leave them alone for 3 seconds :1

9. CloakedThunder Destiny Islands Resident

I also have to agree that the defeat the 10 forms in 10 seconds segments can be annoying ( especially in his data battle) but another minigame that I don't really seem to enjoy in the KH series is the command boards in BBS ( Personally, I find them to be a bit annoying)

10. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

I had a lot of trouble with the side-scrolling segment of Hollow Bastion in Re:coded. Trying to unlock Dream Eater abilities can be sort of a pain at times, too.

11. Misty gimme kiss

I actually really enjoyed the Command Board! What I played of it, at least. I don't remember playing anywhere but Land of Departure, with Ven and Terra. Happily the minigame wasn't mandatory if you didn't want to play.

12. phoenixkh93 Gummi Ship Junkie

Yeah I actually really enjoyed that one too aha, I spent a lot of time on it. It was really useful for levelling up commands and getting new ones as well :)[DOUBLEPOST=1434969866][/DOUBLEPOST]Success! I have finally completed the veggie panic game :D

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015