Mosque at Ground Zero?

Discussion in 'Debate Corner' started by Roxas is Hot, May 25, 2010.

?

What do you think?

1. **** no, go build your mosque somewhere else.

13 vote(s)
    65.0%
  2. Why not? Let them build it.

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  3. Neutral. D:

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
  1. Roxas is Hot I'd lick his Sea Salt stick anytime. ♥

Here's something we were going over in Gov class.
    What's your opinion on this?

Click.

For those who are too lazy to click the link or whatever reason, there is a mosque is either going to be built there or may very well be built in the future. People might say that this is a nice opportunity to get to know the good side of the Muslim community better, others think that this is nothing but a dickslap to our faces. I mean, it IS Ground Zero after all.

Oh, I don't think the mosque is going to be built EXACTLY on G.Z, of course, but near a clothing store that was pretty much demolished after 9/11. Just to make things a bit more clear.

Pray tell, what do you feel about this?

2. Repliku Chaser

Wow, I didn't know that and I live in NY. I don't think many New Yorkers know or we'd be protesting it. This is so not right on too many levels. I think this totally sends the wrong message and that if anything, we should be building a new twin towers there instead as a sufi to the Middle East haters. I don't like this. It just sits not so well for me and seems like we're saying that some Muslim radicals bombed us so let's put another radical group that disagrees with that group there... when that group has connections possibly to a violent group in Virginia... yeah.. maybe I am feeling too many emotions about it considering I knew people there, but I don't think so. :/

3. Roxas~N~Namine Traverse Town Homebody

Ground Zero should be kept as a memorial, not religious grounds.

4. Always Dance Chaser

Fuсk that shіt. I understand giving people the benefit of the doubt, but that is ridiculous. I don't think ANYTHING should be built on Ground Zero, much less a motherfuсking mosque. That makes by blood boil.

5. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Ground Zero should just remain as Ground Zero. It can be a national reminder of how the motherf---ing middle eastern ba$tards who stole our planes, hit our twin towers, and killed all those people. SCREW building anything there. ESPECIALLY a f---ing mosque. Phew, glad to get that out of my system. Anyway like I said don't build anything there much less a mosque.

6. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

This, to an extent. I mean, not every muslim bombed us so I don't think we should deny them a new mosque, in the way Switzerland did. But Ground Zero shouldn't have anything built on it. If anything at all, then a memorial monument.

7. Misty gimme kiss

Okay, this is an overreaction. It was a radical, anti-American group. Most Islamic & Middle Eastern people are totally chill and it's preposterous to blame them for the actions of a few of them.

As for building something there, I have to say that I disagree. It should be left as a reminder to what happened, and should anything be put there, I have the same feeling as Repliku -- a mosque just doesn't sit right with me.

8. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

So do people who have always been here. You're made a pretty rough generalization with that earlier comment.

After actually reading the article, I'm kind of conflicted. It's like the kids who wore the american flag on their clothes on Cinco de Mayo and got sent home from school. There's nothing wrong with it, but why did they choose to do it on THAT specific day instead of any other day? Why are they trying to build the Mosque at Ground Zero instead of anywhere else? Let them build their mosque somewhere else.

9. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

If their should be anything I would have recommends not a memorial so much, but possibly a small park or outdoors area. Basically the symbolism of rebirth through the planting and cultivating of new life. Something like every person who was lost during the attack would be renewed in the form of a tree or plant that now stands their.
    But any religious symbolism is not good for something so close in time to when the incident occured. Like poking a bear with a flaming stick, so many ways to get hurt.

10. Roxas is Hot I'd lick his Sea Salt stick anytime. ♥

Ooh, P&W. I like that park idea. Very nice.

11. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

I think the poll option opposing the building of the mosque is a bit extreme, but nevertheless I don't think it should be built at Ground Zero. I have friends who are Muslims, and I honestly couldn't care less about what religion you are, but it's just not the place for it to happen. It adds a layer of insult to injury, if you will, even though the mosque would obviously not be championing radical Islamic ideals. The fact that Muslims caused the disaster at the WTC in the name of radical Islam kinda kills the chance of this being well accepted for any denomination of Islam.