Mirai Nikki (Future Diary)

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga' started by Sanya, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

From what I've heard... all the happy ending parts were actually tacked on purely for the anime?

Either way... I particularly like it.
    I can see what you mean by him crying for 10,000 years though, but that just made me feel sorry for him more than anything.
    And yeah, it wasn't much of an ending... in terms of the second world.
    I mean, I liked the stuff with the third world, but considering we watch the second world for pretty much all of the series. It would have been nice to see what actually happened to it after Yukki stopped it from being destroyed. I mean... all that was left in the was a pile of rubble and craters etc, as well as a lot of people dead. It kinda left you thinking... that's it? Really?
    But, as I said, I like how the third world went anyway. So I'm trying to base my views on that since it was pretty much the only part we got to see in the end.

2. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I read all of the book, and the Akisa side story, a while ago, like when they were still on episode 3 or something. I found the story really good, but I have to admit, the ending was pretty ncie. Still, I guess I have to watch the show to see how much it follows the book. I'm not expecting too much though

3. Shikou Kingdom Keeper

Grr. I have to wait till after school to watch the finale :B

4. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

I'm not going to lie, I didn't go into this expecting much. The story just seemed to be everywhere up to this point and I couldn't think they could pull off a clean finish.

Thank God I was proven wrong. Not only did they wrap up the story very cleanly, but I was truly moved to tears when Yuno stabbed herself. When Yuki started being in love with Yuno earlier in the series, I didn't really feel it. It seemed like he was still playing along. Here, I truly understood what he was going through. However tragic it was, Yuno killing herself...just seemed right. I know that's really messed up to say, but it felt like that was the only way Yuno could be redeemed for all she had done (although I really didn't want to see her die).

The one thing that made me very happy and had me start crying was the happy ending for Minene (Ninth) and Nishijima. It was a bit obvious from the two of them meeting that they were going to fall in love, but I absolutely believed it. I fell in love with Minene's character much more than I did with Yuno's throughout, so I was really happy to see that she finally got to live a happy life.

The final part with Yuki and Murmur are talking in the empty space just seemed to be the right ending to top it off. With Yuki obsessing over the phone, I knew that the final line, where it says "Yuno dies" was going to change. The epilogue is so simple, but it is so beautifully done that while it is implied what happens, it leaves it open for the viewer to come up with something on their own.

I don't regret watching Future Diary. While it did have a few dips, the final few episodes all together made it all worth while. A lot of people have compared this to Death Note. I don't agree with that on the idea that their stories are similar (Future Diary seems to be more reminiscent of Hunger Games than anything else), but in a story telling sense, the two are very similar.

I do agree with you that Yuki is still a little *****, but, I feel like he at least has a reason to mope about. The person who he fell in love with killed herself, not only to save his world, but also his life. Did he bitch around? Yes. Is it justified? Sort of. It depends on how different people see it. I guess it's just the hopeless romantic in me talking, but I found it somewhat justifiable.

5. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

If anyone wants a more clearer explained ending after having watched the anime. I'd suggest going to the last chapter of the manga and reading from page 28 onwards.
    It makes things a lot clearer in some regards so it's definitely worth reading if I do say so myself.
    Just trust me on this.

6. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

I usually find myself separating the manga from the anime. It's not a thing of preferring one over the other, I just find them as two different cannons. I did read through what the manga ending was on Wikipedia, and found it okay. I like the open ended ending the anime better though. Like I said, it opens more possibilities simply by allowing the viewer to make an ending for themselves.

7. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

Oh yeah, I normally separate the things between manga and anime too (in general). And I do happen to completely agree with you there.
    I was just posting this here in case anyone did want to see it. After all, some people might find they need some bigger form of closure than what the anime offered. I mean, the manga ending wasn't actually that different from the anime. It just went ever so slightly deeper which is why I figured it was worth mentioning here for those that might want it.

As I said from my first post about the last episode, I actually really liked the way the anime ended things. lol
    Either way, I'm still curious about this 'next project' and what it might entail...
    Has anyone got any ideas/predictions?

8. Soap Hollow Bastion Committee

I have read the manga and seen the first few episodes of this, and I don't think I will be continuing watching it, because I found the manga to ****ed up.

9. Shikou Kingdom Keeper

I must say, I enjoyed this series a lot. :)
    It's like Battle Royale with cell phones xD
    The ending does remind me of...
    the ending to the Death Note Live Action movie series (Death Note the Last Name) except everyone is alive. Yuno has no memory of Yuki like Misa did in some way because she forgot something important about Light.
    I am very excited for the live action version! :D

10. Jayn

I finished this two days ago, and oh my goodness. No regrets. I did get a little fed up with waiting for a new episode (I swear every episode in this anime left off on a cliff-hanger), so I stopped watching until the series finished so I could just watch it all at once.

That ending was crazy. Seriously, I didn't see any of the freaky time **** coming, so that was nice.

I was expecting it to be a terrible ending like Another--*shot*. But my questions were pretty much answered, tbh. Most of them. HAPPY END.

Except for Yuki, who I have to agree, disappointed me throughout the series. I verbally called him "a little *****" several times. (I watched this anime with Fuzzy, so no, I don't just talk to the screen. xD) I literally waited for his character development, which didn't seem to come until his parents died (his dad, by the way, WHAT THE HELL. LOL. *LEAVES SON TO DIE, PARACHUTES OUT OF BUILDING. STABS EX WIFE.*)

Then his character reverted back into the same little whiny kid as soon as someone told him he wouldn't be able to bring them back. Which was sort of understandable, but very disappointing. I was hoping to see more from him. His randomly loving Yuno, too, turned me off because while it was explained, it really wasn't. It was like one episode he was like GO TO HELL and the next he was like DAISUKI DESU. Nah, it wasn't that bad. Interesting at least.

I don't understand why the anime made the ending so angsty for him when the manga's ending wasn't??? And he became a GOD. Why would he just sit there. He could have, like...fought fate and stuff. lol.

Despite all of that, I loved it. I adored it. Mirai Nikki was great.

Was the next project referring to the live action movie, or something else? Hope it's something else. xD

11. Chevalier Crystal Princess

So I read the manga. And it was pretty crazy and made no sense. At least it made me appreciate Yuno a bit more. One of the things that sort of stuck out at me was how everyone can just go from uber crazy to normal people and so on. So basically everyone is cynical, but you can tell they're not exactly evaaaallzz!1!1

The ending was sort of..."eh" to me.

12. Sleipnir Moogle Assistant

I myself recently finished the series after starting it when the first episode of the anime came out. In the end, I was quite happy with the whole season, but the ending somewhat ruined it for me.

The idea of Yukiteru being left in his own world (the Second World) then ultimately doing nothing in the 10 000 years (as he approximated) that he had been a god was just plain stupid in my opinion, along with refusing to continue any life within that universe on a more selfish whim than he had shown in the entire series. The post-credit scene was something I expected but honestly, I don't want to see another season of it. It wrapped up fairly well, but there were just elements that killed it, such as the universe-hopping, Minene coming back (although upon the explanation I felt a bit better about it), and the fact that she remained in the Third World yet 3rd!Murmur claimed there was no longer any interference from the other worlds in the Third World, which this contradicted. In addition to that, seeing the little phone charm of 1st!Murmur and it ultimately showing some form of life, then not explaining it any further just didn't sit right with me.

In the end, I do think it is very much worth watching this anime if you can handle the gore, and if you're someone who becomes annoyed by the censoring... Wait for the DVD/Blu Ray releases; it will be much more satisfying to watch.

13. Neku_Sakuraba Gummi Ship Junkie

I LOVE THIS ANIME! :3 The story has huge plot twists at every turn, and OMGIT'SSOBEAUTFULZJAIFMASJFDNGFVFJLSK

The ending sort of sucked, though. I wish they show the HAPPY ENDs at the end, and show Yuki's misery first. I wish it wasn't so meh. :/

14. Shinichi Izumi Totally Pink and stuff

God is dying, he choses the twelve people that would best take his place, makes it so that they live in the same city, last man standing wins, and takes his trone, amazing story, its an incredible anime that catches you off guard, nice animation, most epic ost ever, everything in this anime is awesome, 14/10.
    Watch it.
    Seriously.

15. CaptainMIG Gummi Ship Junkie

I like this song; it call "fantasy mythology". anyway I watch the anime and it was ok, 9/10.