Miley Cyrus is remaking 'Thriller'

Discussion in 'Music' started by Bond of Flame, Aug 5, 2009.

1. DemyxPlaysMySitar Twilight Town Denizen

The only thing running through my mind is...

Does that mean she'll learn the thriller dance routine?
    After that fiasco at the TCA's...
    I would SO pay to see her Screw up!

2. NO.

J
    ust. No.

That's the only answer that's really needed whenever there's a Miley Cyrus topic. Covering Thriller? No. That's just embarrassing. Leave it up to someone who would do it justice.

I
    dislike artists covering songs. Some don't have the unique essence the original had. Some plain suck. Some can do it well, but never reach its potential. The only one I've ever liked other than the original version is Leighton Meester's rendition of Bette Davis Eyes.

For Cyrus here to do it...

No Dx.

3. Styx That's me inside your head.

Actually, I don't mind cover songs as long as they demonstrate some inspiration or originality. Particularly, clothing a song in an entirely new genre can turn out very well, and it is both rewarding to the artist and a breath of fresh air to fans of that genre.
    Heard a heavy metal version of Duffy's "Mercy" the other day. Best cover I've heard since a very long time.

4. Rissy Queen of the Clouds

It seems the originality of this genoration is going down.
    We can't even make a song without having an innuendo; or using something related to another song.

Seriously. B\

5. Bluelazor Traverse Town Homebody

Miley Cyrus... DON'T DO IT! She has a decent voice, I have heard better, but seriously... don't do it! Thriller should be out of the question for anybody (especially the Jonas Brothers). Why do they have to remake all songs? I mean, some I don't mind so much... like Donny Osmond, he can do a pretty good job with songs that are mainly from musicals... yes I know, Thriller is totally different and Miley will just kill it. PLEASE MILEY, LET MJ REST IN PEACE!

And another thing, if I have to listen to the Jonas Brothers doing "Poor Unfortunate Soul" one more time (meaning a second time) it is not going to be fun for ANYONE that's around me.

6. Kaiionel Hollow Bastion Committee

Please, for the love of God, someone tell me this isn't true. This is going too far. Sticking to her own Disney-sponsored songs, fine. Touch Michael Jackson, and that's where you cross the line. He's rolling in his grave, and he's only been there for four months!

7. axelsoraroxasfan103 Merlin's Housekeeper

Twilight Town, eating Sea Salt Ice Cream. :3
    Seriously? Michael Jackson's version was the best and is always the BEST. I seriously don't think she'll ever sound good as him, heck no way. The original is always the best. The fact that Miley's doing "Thriller", now that ruins it. :( I don't think the re-make is even going to be as fun as the original to be quite honest. Thriller should of been and only Michael Jackson's song.

8. The Fuk? Dead

Sounds like just a rumor to me, this would probably hurt her career like Avril Lavine's Chop Suey cover impression.

9. Amethyst Grave Hollow Bastion Committee

Oh god.

no way could she EVER pull off thriller.
    no way in hell o___o

10. reptar REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

my mind has changed, maybe we should support her, i meant people always do commotions as people redo a song, like Britney Spears doing Cher.

11. Hayabusa Venomous

Michael isn't Cher though. I don't know any songs by Cher :<

But I get what you're saying. Just...no more singers from Disney Channel.

12. Kextia Destiny Islands Resident

WTF?
    When will she get that outside of her little toddler fanclub NO ONE LIKES HER SINGING! She's awful, and now she's trying to remake Thriller?
    Not to mention that, sadly, the only thing kids remember MJ as is a child molester. They don't know who he really was. So the kids will all stare at her in awe, thinking she's made a child molester's song clean, new, shiny, and pop-tastic.
    NO NO NO.....

13. Bond of Flame I'm an alien

It hasn't even been proven for real that MJ was a child molester. People just trust the press too much, while not even half of what the press says is true.