Might Be Getting a PS3

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by The Twin, Nov 20, 2011.

1. The Twin My, what a strange duet

Mom's dropped the bombshell that she wants to get one of these for me for Christmas this year (smooth, Mom).

But we're both stumped. Ideally I'd like one that is backwards compatible with my PS2 games (and the handful of PSone games I own), but is also able to play Blu-Ray. I'm also unsure how much hard drive space I should get, I'm a bit afraid of the high price.

I'm also having trouble picking games I'd like; I'm so used to Mario, Zelda, puzzle games, RPGs and so on.

I stuck this in the Spam Zone because I wasn't quite sure if this was a good enough fit for General Game chat.

Any help will be, well...helpful.

2. miaulement Traverse Town Homebody

Haha, my mom sort of did that when she left up the order form for my Xbox 360. :P

Before mine was stolen in May 2011, I had mine for about... 5 years? I remember getting mine in Christmas 2006. So I don't really know if they've advanced any at all since the 2006 models of the PS3. I know they have another model that's slimmer and it's not shiny, but... yeah, I don't know hardware-wise.

Pretty sure the model we had was a 60 GB hard drive. It never ran out, so it might have been more. They can go up to 320 GB, apparently. It could play both games and Blu-Ray at ease.
    As for games... I'd recommend Final Fantasy, Guitar Hero, and some of the Sonic games. Mostly played PS2 games on this, which leads me to the wonderful world of PS3 backwards compatibility. I think this list will help you a bit on that.

I'm afraid that's all I can offer, I hope it helps. Enjoy your PS3! :)

EDIT: Just looked up info for the slimmer, not shiny model. It's not backwards compatible with PS2 games, but it is with PS1 games. Strange.

3. Misty gimme kiss

4. libregkd -