Michael Jackson Has Died

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Advent, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Rayku Kingdom Keeper

Yeah, when he came into the picture I knew it was going to be hell for the next few weeks, expect when the results of WHY he died gets to the media, it will raise hell again.

2. Repliku Chaser

Lil Woj, stop posting spam here. It's getting pathetic. Consider this your verbal warning.

As for all the publicity, it'll die down but this happens with any famous actor or singer that really was a powerful influence on society. MJ affected the world with his music, especially in the 80s. His music lasted through generations. It's only natural this would happen. The same thing happened with Elvis Presley too, who still people know of his music, because he was also super influential. Also, Tupac and various others. Musicians probably get remembered even more than actors in a way since we can hear their songs anytime and music invokes emotion. Ironically, when Elvis died, there were also a lot of jokes that circulated around.

I can see why some people think it's being overdone, but for those who grew up with MJ's music and it influenced them, to include other musicians, it's a shock to them. It'll go down sooner or later, but I'd just say that let people mourn how they are going to in the end. Some people get over things faster than others.

Also, some people didn't even know his music or are annoyed at the publicity because of his bad publicity over the last few years. Some others have asked the question that if you didn't know the person 'personally' why does it matter? As I said earlier, a musician has the ability to make songs that convey an array of emotion from the listener. In the 80s and 90s, people who grew up with MJ, knew the music and musicians often pour parts of themselves into songs they make. In that way, we can relate to the musician more than most other forms of entertainers. I still remember lamely imitating his dance moves while watching videos on MTV when I was very young. Many kids did that, and well if I hadn't, I probably wouldn't know how to dance today or cared so girls would have thought I sucked at high school dances and at clubs. xD So there's an example of how MJ influenced me because many of his songs were fun and he seemed to put his heart into them. I do agree it is being over-publicized, but at the same time, there are countless people with examples on how his music and dance moves, his videos inspired them. The hub-bub will be over sometime in the next few weeks I'd think.

3. jafar custom title

MJ certainly was an important icon, but that doesn't mean that these news stations can just drop everything for 2 weeks and talk just about him. It's insane. I understand 2 or 3 days because of the shock and because he helped define the 80's and he's such an important person, but there's a point that it becomes ridiculous. You can't cover a single person's death for two weeks. It's insanity.

4. Zeonark Kingdom Keeper

Underlined text.

Now I'm just completely annoyed with it. I even keep telling my mother to get over it. I'm sick of seeing him back and forth now.

I only heard like a few verses of about two or three songs of the guy's music. It wasn't that incredibly awesome like other people took it. To me anyway.

5. Vanitas Gummi Ship Junkie

MJ Rest In Peace. Smooth Criminal is best :) Also MJ's voice was beautiful.

6. *Hippie Jesus* "I get online and notice I have E-mail I click my

Between the area where your parent's have sex
    At first I got the booze out and started balling when I saw it on the news but after the 4th day of it being on the news it got really annoying.

Seriously there was a little caption at the bottom of the screen talking about all these terrible things while they were doing a remembering Micheal Jackson thing when they could've just let BET, MTV, VH1, E!, cover it.

Yes it was painful to hear that he died. People criticisized him even though he just died which pisses me off kinda. They slammed him about the littlest things when they were supposed to be talking about how awsome he was!

He's inspired so many people so I still listen to his music.

7. I thought this was the perfect thread to put videos and for us to remember Michael by. And that means, good things. The things that no one ever showed, actuall >.>. The first one has to do with the Chandler scandal, since it's always good to have some facts at hand (his name was tainted by this, after all. But it's no reason to bring an argument up or anything if no one does. It's only to kind of connect all the videos), but the rest are all feel good moments. I never saw this side of him :3. I don't know how anyone could think this man to be capable of all the allegations. If you're bored and have nothing to do, here you go:

8. krayzie Lionhart

it was a big loss
    i hadnt payed my respects here
    he will be missed

9. The Twin My, what a strange duet

Did anyone catch the Memorial Srvice they held today at the Staples Center in LA? They were showing it on numerous stations (I myself watched it on NBC) and I think they did a fantastic job sending him off in style.

What killed me were the moments when his friends/family came on stage and talked about him, and I was in absolute tears when his daughter Paris came on stage and tried to talk about him between sobs. Even his brother Germaine told him that "Maybe now they'll leave you alone."

10. ♥♦♣♠∟uxord♥♦♣♠ Banned

I missed it cause of summerschool.

they should leave him alone. all he wanted was some peace for himself...

11. Inasuma "pumpkin"

I'm sort of irritated how some news stations are still airing this **** like it's today's news.

Otherwise I'm rather over it. o.O

12. The Twin My, what a strange duet

Agreed.

I figured they'd drop it after the memorial service Tuesday. They haven't. The rest of the world has (to some extent).

Yes, it's sad he's gone, but now it's been two, maybe three weeks since they first found him dead. They certainly aren't paying this kind of attention to McMahon, Fawcett, heck, even Mays.

Enough already.

13. Tahno The official Charlie Sheen of Republic City.

Yeah, we should honour him as a legend. His death looks like it's caused a shockwave all over the world.

Michael Jackson R.I.P.

:'(

14. jafar custom title

If you consider America to be the world, then yes it has.

And I agree with Dark and Nashida. Because of these news stations broadcasting stuff about him 24/7, the whole country is mourning, whether we want to or not.

15. Blademaster Mai'kel Hollow Bastion Committee

It's not just America that is mourning his death.

16. jafar custom title

Not to this extent. Most other countries have moved on.

17. sorasgrl18 Merlin's Housekeeper

Yes, I did mourn Michael Jackson. Buuttttt, after the third day of MJ music videos, the five-hour movie on MTV (that is still playing), footage of some yuppie from E! staking out the compound, and even CNN holding a vigil, I was a little sick of it. The rest of the world had a couple specials, some news reports, but three days later, the news was actually telling news. America, however mourned for a month, whether we wanted to or not. "Who will get the kids? Who is the father/mother?" I mean, I was upset, but it was a little much. Yesterday, I read on AOL that they are suspecting that the kid from Home Alone is the father....o.O. It is sad that he died, but everyone dies and the press should leave the family alone.

18. Destined Working for WDW

Don't necro bump.

Disturbing to see that this has gone from a tragic passing to tainted with murder.

19. DemyxPlaysMySitar Twilight Town Denizen

^This

I was watching the live cover on the internet, from outside the hospital when he was in a coma, I was shocked. I didn't expect it as all.
    I remember telling my friend on MSN, Her reaction was: "OMG, SERIOUSLY?! YAYAYAYAY! WE SHOULD HAVE PARTY!"

I was very annoyed about that, talk about disrespectful.

After a few days, I was over it. It's been what... just over 2 months? It's still ALL OVER THE NEWS. Seriously, I know he's dead, but im sick of turning on the news to see even more conspiracys as to why he's dead.

20. Nuff' Said Banned

I used to not like him but I feel sorry for him. He should've died of old age