Mexican Swine Flu Virus could become Pandemic

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Patsy Stone, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Krowley Moderator

This is all I heard about at skool

2. SplitOverload Chaser

people have to grow up, lol 6 of my friends have their schools closed because someone in their school has this, its not they are *****ing about it, while the ******s in the other side of the nation are going insane over this lil thing.

3. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

In my opinion if it comes it comes and theres nothing we can do is wait for someone smart enough to come up with an anti-virus or we become immune.to worry about this is like worrying about dying of old age, it can't be stopped so just get on with life.
    i feel sorry for those effected by this virus and for the mexicans who have died but i still don't think that we should worry about our lives.Our lives are ****** enough without worrying about possible pandemics.
    For all we know the swine flu mightn't effect people outside of mexico.It might be that fact that the mexican immune system not having adapted enough to a specific disease that people of other nations have an immunity to.It could be the mexicans diets or environment.

4. Patsy Stone Мать Россия

Someone obviously did not read past the first post.

Or even the link in the first post.

5. Fracture Sαlαmαndєr ™

I just heard in school (U.S. History to be exact) that it will be about September before a vaccine that might not even work will be released to the General public....that is a load of bull...and that the big important people with crap loads of money and influencial persuasion will be able to get the treatment and help that they need before the people who will lead america and Mexico for the years to come and these big people who might be on peoples "list" could get killed....idk, it just makes me really mad.....

6. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

There's one confirmed case of 'mild' Swine Flu in a small city quite close to me. And a rumored case in my township.
    Yeah, you could say I'm scared crapless. =/ Not to mention it seems like everyone is coughing, causing me to become paranoid. :sweatdrop: *is germophobe*

I heard a little while ago that a child in NYC had it and infected about a hundred children at his/her school.

7. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

sorrybunter, it's just my computer has been broken for the week and i don't have that much time on the computer.Along with the fact my consentration has been slipping.

8. Fracture Sαlαmαndєr ™

The first person to die of it that i have herad was like some small child in texas or mexico, i think....

9. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

it was a mexican who lived somewhere in the US,who visited Mexico, contracted the virus, went back to the US and died of the virus' effects.

10. Fracture Sαlαmαndєr ™

oh well i was at least somewhat close....i knew it was something to do with mexico....but i couldn't remember....

11. Patsy Stone Мать Россия

Now THAT is scare-mongering. Governments already have stockpiles of general anti-virals. A specific one for this strain will be ready for mass-production from about the autumn. It will then be given to those that need it, not to those that pay (or at least that's the way it works in civilised countries).

The child that died was from Mexico but was visiting relatives in Texas. It developed symptoms about 4 days into the trip and later died.

12. Blademaster Mai'kel Hollow Bastion Committee

WHO's is declaring an imminent pandemic. Fun.

13. Patsy Stone Мать Россия

I think people are blowing that announcement out of proportion. From what I understand of the definition of a pandemic, it isn't that bad. It just means that it can spread from person to person in several communities/countries. Says nothing about deaths etc

Although, the resident GP on the Breakfast news programme this morning said that in the absolute worst case scenario 2.5% of those affected would die. Taking the normal infection rate of flu pandemics (30% of the total population) that would be about 750,000 people in the UK alone.

14. Maka Albarn It's called love

Meh, I just heard on the radio today that Nevada was hit with it. I travel a lot in that state to go to school to another town... So I'm a bit worried at the moment. Plus, there's a high chance that my summer camps I signed up for could be cancled, since they take place in big cities where the flu is at. My dad is just going to have us hang out at home for the summer until the vaccine comes out.

15. Aura Goddess

Right now, nobody in my school or the district has been said that they have it. But, my mother is still telling me to be careful. Not just me but my brothers as well. We get sick really quickly so for something like this to come up, we pretty much have to be careful.

Honestly, I'm not being paranoid or freaked out like a few people I know. I know what the symptoms are I'm just being careful at the moment.

I was told though that if someone dies or gets the swine flu in my school district, they're going to close the schools. In a way I want that to happen but then again I don't want it to happen.

16. Inasuma "pumpkin"

A pandemic is very large. It isn't out of proportion, though I do agree people are making it seem that way. It's all over the world at this point. lol

Apparently medicine has been made to treat it, according to my friend, but that's all I know.

It's actually up to 300 schools nation-wide. Schools in my state have finally started closing (Beloit, Milwaukee).

It's starting to get intense. My mom reminds me every 30 minutes to wash my hands. THAT is the worst part of this: my parents are even more annoying than usual.

17. sorasgrl18 Merlin's Housekeeper

The swine flu thing was serious, but at my school, also somewhat of a joke. This guy, Dominic, is Mexican, and he happened to cough, and everyone around him immediately moved away from him. That is ridiculous.

18. Styx That's me inside your head.

It's called Current Events for a reason.

19. DemyxPlaysMySitar Twilight Town Denizen

What is with threads coming back? o_o

Everyone makes a joke about it, like when you cough, sneeze, or eat something that's pork, everyone shouts "SWINE FLU!".
    It's calmed down now. I don't see why everyone's worried though :/

20. BloodxXxDark Destiny Islands Resident

Originally I took the swine flu quite seriousley,washing my hands before and after nutrition breaks and when I got home...but somehow it all ended up as being one big laughing matter.