Digital Art meh, this is okay.

Discussion in 'Arts & Graphics' started by jojoj13, Apr 2, 2011.

1. jojoj13 Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]

I need to work on my lighting.

2. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

Oh...my...god! This is sexy Jojo! Can I have the .xcf(or .psd if the peer pressure finally set in >>)?

The only thing that I find wrong with this image is some of the lighting(like you already mentioned). The light source that you put right above the text is a little off because the light source of the render is coming from the right instead of the left. A little dodging can fix that though.

3. jojoj13 Hollow Bastion Committee

http://www.mediafire.com/?bqq87ce7yrf679a

Nope, I haven't given up yet.

That, or I can't find my laptop's charger where photoshop is. -.-

4. Cody Chaser

At first, try to use as little brushing as possible when it comes to light. Try being subtle and using the dodge/burn tools more than just brushing a blob of light. It looks more natural( not to say that the blobs and stuff are bad, but in most pieces using the dodge tool effectively looks nicer). Once you get the hang of it, you can experiment using multiple light sources and going deeper into that realm.
    Anywho, the tag is nice. Could use some simple depth though. Text could use some work. Don't ask me about what needs to change because I'm horribad at text. The stock could use some cleaning up( I see a few particles that look a little out of place).
    Good stuff, though.