Dream Drop Distance Master Xehanort's Master Plan [SPOILERS ABOUND]

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by Boy Wonder, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

So when I was a kid, I used to have a stuffed teddy bear named Sir Buttersworth III, but his nickname was Popcorn<3
    ...enough spoiler filler? Well, I hope so.

One more warning, if you haven't played 3D or are trying not to spoil it for yourself. STOP HERE.
    I haven't played the game, nor watched the cutscenes, but I'm like a spoiler maniac. The Wiki is my main source of this (inb4DONTTRSUTTHEWIKI).

So I looked up information on Young Xehanort/Mysterious Figure. Turns out he's from an alternate timeline, given the power to time travel from Ansem, Seeker of Darkness (From here on out, AnsemSoD refers to Xehanort's Heartless and Ansem the Wise refers to the sage/DiZ). Not sure how Ansem could grant that power, but sure, I'll bite. Then I went to Master Xehanort and apparently 3D revealed his master plan that's been in motion since before BBS. Holy ****, this guy is complex. I'll try to condense the main points for you, which includes -guess what- a ton of spoilers. So....erm...here's your last warning:
    • During Dream Drop Distance, AnsemSoD, Xemnas, and "Young Xehanort" confront Riku and Sora. Even Braig does.
    • Braig reveals the Master Plan: MX enlisted the help of Young Xehanort to bring together different incarnations of himself form different points in time to make a new Org.XIII
    • MX plans to use Sora as a vessel to complete the Org. (remember the scene where Mickey and Riku fight of the Xehanorts and Lea appears, saving Sora? That's this point).
    • Mickey and Riku defeat Young Xehanort, but this brings MX to full power.
    • MX says that everything that's happened in the last two years is part of his plan to incite another Keyblade War, from Maleficent capturing the Princesses of Heart to the formation of Org. XIII. The plan is "fail-safe."
    • Merging Vanitas and Ventus to create the X-Blade was a "hasty" plan, he admits, so he found the true way to create the weapon: clashing 13 hearts of darkness against seven defending lights of the world.
    • Before BBS, Braig was enlisted to gather the 13 people to fill with darkness and Xehanort's heart to make clones of Xehanort. Braig was the first (hence the yellow eyes and pointed ears we brushed off to the effect of darkness), agreeing to eventually lose his will and mind to Xehanort in exchange for a Keyblade and Xehanort's power.
    • Terranort and Braig recruited Ansem the Wise's other apprentice to experiment with separating hearts from bodies so MX can fill the hollow vessels (Nobodies) with fragments of his own heart. Unfortunately (or was it according to plan? I can't tell), he became a Nobody himself (Xenmas).
    • Xenmas continued the plan, attempting to use an artificial Kingdom Hearts to fragment his heart into the others and, knowing that Nobodies can develop emotions and cultivate hearts and that this may make Org.XIII disobey, they lied and told the Org that Kingdom Hearts was the only way to recover their hearts.
    • But most members were either killed or betrayed anyway (and then killed). Xigbar and Saix were the only members who went through the first stages of the cloning process.
    • AnsemSoD manipulated Maleficent capturing the PoHs to find the Door to Darkness in order to "extinguish their light and leaves the worlds vulnerable to darkness." But he too was defeated.
    • meanwhile, Young Xehanort was to find 6 different incarnations of MX through time to rebuild Org. XIII along with Braig, Isa (who rejoined MX), and MX himself. Riku was meant to be the final vessel, but he built a tolerance to darkness so MX decided to use Sora.
    • MX's plan is to eliminate the PoHs which would leave the worlds vulnerable and then cause his thirteen "darkness" to fight the seven "lights," which would result in the X-Blade and the true Kingdom Hearts. This would lead to a new Keyblade War, which MX plans to use to gain all the answers he craved for and becoming all knowing. Then he would reorganize the worlds to perfectly balance light and dark and rule the universe.
    • Before he can use Sora, Lea saves him and joins the lights. Isa, Xemnas, AnsemSoD fought Lea, Mickey, Riku until Donald and Goofy came as reinforcement.
    • MX (all versions) escapes and reveals he already has one of the 7 lights. The other Org members' identities (the hooded ones) aren't revealed.
    So do you think this is a complex plan? A bunch of bullcrap? Intelligent? Does KH make sense now?

2. Iskandar King of Conquerors

that's pretty much the gist of it. The guy certainly knows how to make a plan, I'll give him that. But still, I wonder what those other forms of Xehanort will look like. And here's a stupid idea, if they can time travel...why don't they just go back in time to meet Xehanort before he even left Destiny Islands and stop all this mess?

3. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Wait, who and what? Young Xehanort can time travel. Why would he stop MX?
    Though I'm assuming this is more of a "time travel doesn't change the past" kind of thing. As in, AnsemSoD and Xemnas were taken from their time, but that doesn't change history; Sora and Riku still defeated them unless they were taken at the exact moment they were defeated (didn't Xemnas fade away differently from the other Nobodies?). Either that or at the moment he took them, a new wtimeline formed and things happened differently.

4. Iskandar King of Conquerors

one of the most annoying things about time travel: people keep changing the rules on how stuff works

5. SUPERSMASHDRAKE Traverse Town Homebody

Now truly at this point the story has become complex for me.

And you gave enough spoilers warnings, so I assume we don't have to use the tags for the remainder of this thread? Anyways, here goes.

This now explains Saix's yellow eyes, and pointy ears, but it is still unknown where he got his scar. And is it Xigbar and Saix or Briag and Isa? I keep seeing both sets of names being used, as if interchangeably, which upsets me.

So I MX has 1 of the 7 lights, is he referring to the defending lights (Keyblade Masters) or one of the 7 Princesses of Heart? I'm assuming the first, he could quite possibly have Terra locked away somewhere, I mean all the "original forms" of MX have been slain or no longer exist (Xemnas, Ansem SoD, Terranort) so Terra should have returned by now. I'm assuming the new ones (Ansem SoD and Xemnas) are as you said, collected by YMX or maybe MX can make them appear.

13 Darknesses is what gets me. Assuming that the other four apprentices (Dilan, Even, Aeleus, Ienzo) are not apart of the 2nd Organization, along with Lea and Roxas, who will fill up the 13 slots? So far we have MX, YMX, Xemnas, Ansem SoD, Xigbar/Braig, and Saix/Isa. They have the rest in hooded figures, but who could they be? I would hope that it's Demyx, Luxord, Marluxia, and Larxene, or at least the first two, due to the fact that we still don't know anything about their histories. I don't think Demyx and Luxord were traitors, so they might still be in the equation. I'm pretty sure Vanitas will show up to be a member, but that still leaves 4 slots. Do all the members need to be part Xehanort? I could see Maleficent and Pete being a part, yet none of the hooded figures looked like them. I wonder if MX would fish Repliku out of darkness to use him now that he doesn't have Sora or Riku?

I honestly don't think MX could have all this planned out from the start, but if he did, he truly will be a force to reckon with. I thought I would be able to follow his plan, but man oh man is it a giant headache.

6. da johnstir Moogle Assistant

guys i think dat this mark of mastery is more then what it seems at 1st glance its inportant in da
    next few games