Marvel or DC?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Radiowave, Mar 2, 2009.

?

Which?

1. Marvel

22 vote(s)
    71.0%
  2. DC

9 vote(s)
    29.0%
  1. ZackCrisisFFVII Merlin's Housekeeper

Marvel they have way more characters.

2. Vice-Versa Merlin's Housekeeper

Not really.

DC far outweighs Marvel.

Even so Marvel has alot of ****** D class heroes.

3. Johnny Stooge Traverse Town Homebody

I'm not being confrontational either.
    But this is one of my biggest pet peeves. You called a character boring, when anyone that actually knows the character will tell you otherwise.
    And so by saying you think the character is boring, you're saying you know Green Lantern, but saying that actually proves that you don't.

It's annoying to be told I'm wrong by someone who's just watched the movies, or seen the animated series, or read the Wikipedia pages, but has never read an actual comic book (or even worse, thinks they're too nerdy) [and in this situation, Green Lantern has had very little other medium representation].
    But at least you're willing to listen to me and are not like the others who just say "spider-man so marvel lol".

I proved you wrong back at KHI, and you'd have seen this had you not gotten yourself banned.
    But for the third time: you're wrong. DC has thousands of characters.

4. Blademaster Mai'kel Hollow Bastion Committee

Marvel characters are easier to relate to, but DC publishes more intellectual comics (not saying you need to be smart to read them; they're just more complicated).

5. Radiowave ITSA PIIINCH

There are a lot of ways I can go about this...I mean seriously, its my own opinion, it doesnt matter what other people say or have read. I like action movies. You probably do too. But I bet some guy finds them boring. We can't exactly claim that that guy/girl doesnt know what he/she's talking about, we don't know what action movies he/she has seen. In the end we can make a conclusion, but not exactly a fully backed statement.

Alright then. so how about this: I enjoy Marvel more. And I enjoy marvel characters more than I do Green Lantern, lol. He might be cool to you or someone else, but not as cool as spiderman or gambit or some other marvel character to me. Not boring then. But definately not as cool.

6. Johnny Stooge Traverse Town Homebody

Calm down.
    You are entitled to your own opinion, but in this situation, your opinion is uninformed.
    You're right in that I don't know what you've read, but I can tell you're not a comic book reader because you haven't said anything to show otherwise.

I used to think like you. But then I walked into a comic shop. Marvel is not the be all and end all of cool and superheroics. Open your mind a bit.
    I'd like to hear what you think about Green Lantern in two years time when the movie comes out.

7. Nova We left a scar size extra-large.

I like both, but DC always stood out more to me. Superman, Batman and the Green Lantern- they're great.

8. 007 Hollow Bastion Committee

Dark Horse
    honestly
    Hellboy pwns all

9. Vice-Versa Merlin's Housekeeper

Spider-Man is not cool as the Green Lantern Corps.

Also Spider-Man is the worst comic being printed at this time and Green Lantern seems to be the most consistant enjoyable non dissapointing Comic for the past 2 years. Unlike Spiderman which has been nothing but a pile of **** for the past 2 years.

Thats a fact.

10. Shizzy Gummi Ship Junkie

Dark Horse all the way, my good man. That's my opinion.

11. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

I grew up with Marvel, so I would have to say them.

12. Johnny Stooge Traverse Town Homebody

For everyone who said Marvel: you're opinion is

[​IMG]

13. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

personally from experiance with my friends liking marvel i'd have to marvel comics but from experiance of the movies they make therres no competition that DC is much better, the emotion,the philosophies, the ideologies, the complexity....DC turned comic book movies into an art form.Look at Watchmen and The dark knight.