Film Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by Mysty, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Hiro ✩ Guardian

The toy thing is what REALLY ****ing bothers me. So what if she'd be called a doll? She's still an Avenger.

2. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

3. Plums Wakanda Forever

That's really strange. .-.

I could understand it if we were looking only at Winter Soldier, but like that article said, Fury Now that I think about it I don't think Cobie Smulders has said if she's in or not, but this is a weird choice.

4. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

It's official. Tom Holland will play Peter Parker/Spider-Man in the next film, out July 28, 2017.
    Jon Watts, director of "Cop Car," which premiered earlier this year at Sundance will be its director.
    From Marvel

5. Plums Wakanda Forever

Ava DuVernay will not be directing Black Panther

6. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I would really love to sit in one of these meetings between Marvel and directors/potential directors. After hearing about how Thor 2 was heavily edited post-production by the studio, the whole Ant-Man fiasco, and now this, I really want to hear exactly Marvel's views for their films.

Also, Civil War passed the halfway point, Doctor Strange starts filming in London, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 in February/March of next year, and Thor: Ragnarok and Spider-Man will start around the same time June-ish of next year.

7. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Netflix and Marvel have announed their new plan to release a new superhero show every six months. If Daredevil was made with this plan in mind, this means that we'll be seeing AKA Jessica Jones hit in October (it is already confirmed to release this year). Luke Cage and Iron Fist would then come in 2016, with The Defenders in April 2017.

x

8. Plums Wakanda Forever

There was that rumor of a Kamala led Ms. Marvel show a month or two back iirc, so it might be part of this line-up eventually (if it's true)? I want to say this is bonkers, but if they count new seasons of the shows in that it's not as overwhelming, lol. I am really curious to see what they have planned though. Hearing how great Daredevil is turning out to be, I'm excited for Jessica Jones & Luke Cage, and whatever other shows they're planning. I haven't watched Daredevil yet, but it sounds like the directors have a lot of freedom to focus on just doing character stuff & kinda their own thing without having to worry a huuuuuge amount about what the movie bound MCU realm is doing, so I'm hoping that's a trend that carries into the rest of the upcoming lot.

9. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Rosario Dawson will reprise her role as Claire Temple in the Luke Cage Netflix series! Theo Rossi has also been cast in the series as the villain Shades.

x

10. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Phase 3 is getting even larger with the addition of Ant-Man and the Wasp. Additionally, three more undisclosed movies will see releases in 2020. Here's the new schedule as it stands:

PHASE 3

• Captain America: Civil War (May 6, 2016)
    • Doctor Strange (November 4, 2016)
    • Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (May 5, 2017)
    • Spider-Man (July 28, 2017)
    • Thor: Ragnarok (November 3, 2017)
    • Black Panther (February 16, 2018)
    • Avengers: Infinity War Part I (May 4, 2018)
    • Ant-Man and the Wasp (July 6, 2018)
    • Captain Marvel (March 8, 2019)
    • Avengers: Infinity War Part II (May 3, 2019)
    • Inhumans (July 12, 2019)

PHASE 4
    • TBA (May 1, 2020)
    • TBA (July 10, 2020)
    • TBA (November 6, 2020)

...If one of those TBA movies isn't a Black Widow movie, heads are gonna roll.

[source]

11. Plums Wakanda Forever

I liked Ant-Man a lot, but maaaaan Captain Marvel getting pushed back again for it is pretty awful. :/ I'm glad Black Panther got moved up a bit, but I really wanted them both to hit around the same time. I'm hoping that Wasp means a lot more , but I won't hold my breath on that one, lol.

One of the TBA movies being a Widow movie would be awesome. I could see them doing something re:Hulk too, especially since I'm assuming Phase 4 is gonna start off like Phase 1 did since the Infinity Stone plot will probably end with Part 2 of Infinity War.

12. Ghost King's Apprentice

Doctor Strange is in production now. I still don't know how I feel about Benedict Cumberbatch starring, though. He doesn't seem like a "Doctor Strange" kind of guy to me.

13. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

The first teaser for Luke Cage was released as part of the final episode of Daredevil season 2!

Luke Cage will drop on Netflix on September 30.

14. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

So this is an interesting development:

[​IMG]

Two names were added to the cast of 'Civil War'. One of those names is Alfre Woodard, who is set to play the role of Mariah Dillard in 'Luke Cage'. Now I'm taking this with a grain of salt, but if it is indeed true, this will end up being the first true crossover between the films and the Netflix shows.

Source

15. Ghost King's Apprentice

Has it been confirmed that Agents of Shield will make an appearance or did I miss that?

16. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

In 'Civil War'? No, no word on that.

17. Ghost King's Apprentice

She's apparently playing to separate character according to this.

18. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

I read that, and frankly, not enough to convince me that it isn't possible her 'Civil War' character and her 'Luke Cage' character are one and the same (assuming the grieving mother character remains unnamed in the film). 'Civil War' finished filming before she was announced as part of the cast of 'Luke Cage', it's not like they didn't know she was in the film.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
  19. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

While both descriptions may still fit the same character, I wouldn't be too surprised if she was simply playing two roles AS LONG AS her Civil War role is very minor. Like a singular scene where she's the focus (as opposed to the same role in the comics who popped a few times). The guy who plays Souza in Agent Carter also had a role in Avengers, after all, as a cop with a single line.

20. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

I'm aware of that detail, and I personally like to imagine that the cop is related to Souza in some way.
    While it's true that she was confirmed for just a minor role, due to its importance, I wouldn't say that it's very minor.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2016