Film Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by Mysty, Apr 6, 2014.

1. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Two new casting announcements for the MCU have come today!

Benedict Cumberbatch (Sherlock; The Hobbit; The Imitation Game) will be playing Stephen Strange in Doctor Strange, and Krysten Ritter (Breaking Bad; Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) will be playing Jessica Jones in the Netflix series of the same name.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Mike Colter (Halo: Nightfall; Million Dollar Baby; Men In Black 3) is also rumored to be playing Luke Cage in the Netflix series of the same name.

[​IMG]

[source 1, 2, 3]

2. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Let's just use the latest episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and
    Seriously, even before the whole rage incident happened, I thought to myself that he could definitely do it.

Also, Ant-Man has evidently finished filming (as has Fantastic Four, but that's not MCU).

3. Ghost King's Apprentice

Okay guys, six more days until the Agent Carter premier (but guess what's not coming back till march :<). I'm totally ready, but I swear to god if they show a scene of Cap crashing into the ice anywhere in the first episode I don't think I can make it because that was heartbreaking.
    To be honest though I still don't know how I feel about Daredevil but I gonna watch all of it either so, whatever. Has anyone else got any news on it because I haven't really found anything.

4. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

David Tennant got cast as Killgrave for Jessica Jones's Netflix series. Not who I was expecting

5. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Cue Tumblr imploding in three...two...one...

No but seriously, I don't know if this is cool or weird. I mean, I like David Tennant, but from what I know about Killgrave/The Purple Man, it's a role that's so different from the roles he's played in the past in so many ways. I guess we'll have to wait and see how he does.

Also, the series seems to be officially titled "AKA Jessica Jones" from all the articles I saw.

6. Ghost King's Apprentice

At least it wasn't Burgundy Cuttlefish again...

7. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

If he doesn't say "Imperio" at least once when controlling somebody, I will ****ing riot.

I'm wondering if Daredevil will have any ties to the other Defenders series right off the bat. We already know Luke Cage will be in A.K.A. Jessica Jones.

8. Mysty Unknown

I updated the Original Post with the phase 3 movies as well as release dates.

9. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

A.K.A. Jessica Jones has found yet another cast member in Rachael Taylor (Charlie's Angels; 666 Park Avenue; Grey's Anatomy), who will be playing Trish Walker.

[​IMG]

[source]

10. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Carrie-Anne Moss (The Matrix; Disturbia; Mass Effect) is set to play Harper in AKA Jessica Jones, a recurring character described as a no-nonsense person in a position of authority who could prove a powerful ally to Jessica--if Jessica doesn't completely alienate her first.

Also, here's a short synopsis of the show:

[source]

11. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Rumor has it that Marvel is looking at Angelina Jolie to direct Captain Marvel. Her previous two directing credits are the acclaimed Maleficent and Unbroken.

12. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Loved Maleficent, heard Unbroken sucked.

Crossing my fingers for another Maleficent kind of film.

13. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Since the announcement of Spider-Man joining the MCU, here's the updated Phase 3 schedule:
    • Captain America: Civil War (May 6, 2016)
    • Doctor Strange (November 4, 2016)
    • Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (May 5, 2017)
    • Spider-Man (July 28, 2017)
    • Thor: Ragnarok (November 3, 2017)
    • Avengers: Infinity War Part I (May 4, 2018)
    • Black Panther (July 6, 2018)
    • Captain Marvel (November 2, 2018)
    • Avengers: Infinity War Part II (May 3, 2019)
    • Inhumans (July 12, 2019)

14. 61 No. B

man i'm so upset about Spider-Man joining the mcu

15. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Said no one ever.

16. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Several reports are saying that the Russo brothers are all but confirmed to be directing Infinity War Parts 1 and 2, after the wild success of The Winter Soldier.

17. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

Great news, even though guardians was a great movie, Winter soldier is arguably the better movie of this entire phase (and most of phase 1).
    The one thing that is bugging me on the MCU, is the elephant in the room, and by elephant I mean the Hulk in the room.
    Even though It didn't bother me much that they shifted actors from the cool Edward Norton to the whiny Mark Ruffalo (IMO Bruce needs to be a little emo), but they are effectively nullifying the whole movie, that IMO was the movie with the biggest fan's heart from the franchise, all those cameos and references from the series and comics /o\!
    Let me explain first they changed the main actor, what would be ok if they did a movie afterwards maintaining the continuity with the first one, but they didn't! And more they now made Bruce and Black widow a couple! (So he just abandoned his girlfriend/fiancé Betty Ross, and then will come back to her?).
    Now Hulk doesn't have a core outside Shield/avangers, so he can't have a solo movie It is sad, they look live are doing what Iluminati did to Hulk, they don't know what to do with him, so they toss him aside in another planet.
    Also Black Widow is being show as "anyone's game" as her role is to have relationships with the avengers and not being there by her own merits. She first seduced Tony, than she appearedd with a necklace with an arrow that hinted she had a thing with hawkeye, only Thor was out, as he had his thing with Jane Foster.
    So what they did with Hulk was bad to him and even worse to Black Widow.

18. Plums Wakanda Forever

Honestly I'm really hoping they (Whedon and his team) don't go for Hulk/Widow. Bias towards Clintasha aside (...as much as possible, at least :b), I don't see how a romantic relationship could really work between them. Widow's been shown to be terrified of the Hulk, with pretty good reason considering what happened in the first Avengers after Loki escaped the ship. Similarly on Bruce's end, in the Hulk he's been manipulated by a lot of people, and considering Widow's kind of a master assassin/manipulator...lol. Romance between the two of them at the current point just seems like it would be shoddy for both of their characters. I would be totally okay with them developing more of a platonic relationship like with Cap and Widow in Winter Soldier, but given the previews thus far it seems like romance could be inevitable. :s Of course, my opinion could change after I see the movie, but as of right now I'm not really into that potential plotline.

Overall I'm not really all that hype for Age of Ultron, but Civil War's got me like 8DDDDDDDDDDDDD. I'm also soooooooooooo happy the Russo Bros are confirmed for directing Infinity War. I loved Winter Soldier, and I'm faithful that they'll do a good job with Civil war & IW. Of course, that is the only movie I've seen directed by them and it could have just been a fluke & both (all three) of those movies could be bad, but STILL EXCITED.

19. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Scarlett Johansson is reportedly in talks with the heads of Marvel Studios to do a SOLO BLACK WIDOW MOVIE YES FINALLY PLEASE

Another report has some interesting new rumors, too:
    • Agent Carter purportedly has a ~75% chance of being renewed
    • The Defenders (Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist) may appear in Infinity War Part 2

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  20. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Captain Marvel has its writers! Nicole Perlman (Guardians of the Galaxy) and Meg LeFauve (Inside Out) will helm the script.