Film Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by Mysty, Apr 6, 2014.

1. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Probably the ones we haven't seen will be in the possession of Thanos.

2. Ghost King's Apprentice

The production of Ant Man started in San Francisco today. FYI.

3. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Bobbi Morse, aka Mockingbird, has been cast for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season 2. Please welcome to the MCU family Adrianne Palicki!

4. Mysty Unknown

Updated the first post with the year dates for Doctor Strange and Guardians of the Galaxy 2.

5. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Sounds about right.

6. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Now that Robert Downey, Jr. has signed onto Captain America 3 and the Russo brothers have claimed that there will be a whole lot of big names in it, the idea that Marvel is leading up to a Civil War status-quo -most likely to replace the current lineup- is getting some credibility.
    There's a rumor that the Punisher had a pseudo-cameo in The Winter Soldier, but not counting him nor Guardians of the Galaxy characters, we have a -confirmed in the MCU- quite the roster:
    Iron Man
    Iron Patriot
    Black Widow

Hawkeye
    Incredible Hulk

Captain America
    Falcon
    Winter Soldier
    Doctor Strange
    Black Panther
    Daredevil
    Jessica Jones
    Power Man
    Iron Fist
    Ant Man I
    Ant Man II
    Deathlok

Nick Fury
    Coulson
    Maria Hill
    Vision
    Scarlet Witch
    Quicksilver

Sharon Carter

And that's not counting anybody else from Agents of SHIELD that turns into a hero in some way or will at least have a movie role (BJ Britt has been seen on set for Age of Ultron); it's not counting the villains; Guardians of the Galaxy and what they could lead into (Richard Rider as Nova, for example); the myriad of still-living villains (Crossbones being a HUGE part of that); characters that have appeared but haven't donned a super identity (Pepper as Rescue, Leonard Samson as Doc Samson and Sterns as the Leader, etc.); Inhumans; rumored characters such as Spider-Woman and Captain Marvel; or the rumor about Sony allowing Spider-Man to be tied in.

It wouldn't surprise me if Marvel is hoping for a Civil War storyline and an Infinity Gauntlet storyline.

7. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

We did just get Bobbi Morse on AoS tonight, so there's that.

...From what I know about the Civil War and Infinity Gauntlet storylines (which i admittedly little), doesn't it seem like a bit much to try to fit both plots into Phase 3?

8. Ghost King's Apprentice

I'm hoping that since Nova was added to that Disney infinity game thing this means we could actually see him in the next GOTG movie.

9. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Ladies, gents, and everyone inbetween, we may have our Stephen Strange: Benedict Cumberbatch is purportedly in negotiations to take on the role.

[source]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
  10. Ghost King's Apprentice

@LARiA
    What has the world come to, it might not be the worst thing in the world but I can't believe they actually picked him.

11. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

In fairness, it's still a rumor right now. And even if it's true, being in negotiations doesn't mean he's for sure going to be cast. Keanu Reeves was in talks for the part, but wound up turning it down.

12. LARiA Twilight Town Denizen

Elizabeth Olsen as Scarlet Witch was once a rumour too. Alas, she was cast, despite neither physically looking the part (Wanda and Pietro are Jewish-Romani) nor possessing even rudimentary knowledge pertaining to the character (aside from the impression that Wanda is "totally crazy"). After Joss Whedon's casting for the twins, I should no longer be surprised by any cast-making decision on Marvel's part. Mister Benzene Cumbersome was also cast as Khan for Abrams' Star Trek reboot, despite the fact the original Khan was portrayed by a Spanish actor. Case in point: directors are very keen on casting Buttercup Cockadoo in roles which hardly suit him, this in itself is nothing new; directors are counting on the actor's fanbase to support the film. It's sad, but Hollywood has a habit of rotating through the same established actors/actresses in lieu of granting actors/actresses of relative unknown status opportunities...

In other words Bendict Cumberbatch is that actor directors cast when they're too lazy to sit down and evaluate other actors whom may suit the character in question better. Benedict is the casting director's easy way out of the responsibility inherent to their position. [DOUBLEPOST=1414521355][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Nova has already appeared in videogames, e.g. Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Marvel Heroes. Nova also had a cult following before the GOTG film was released; Nova was more popular than Star Lord by far. I am loathe to crush anyone's hopes or dreams, but I doubt that Nova shall appear in any of Gunn's GOTG installments because James Gunn personally does not like the character. And that's all it takes, one director who is unsympathetic toward the inclinations of the overarching fanbase-- for our dreams not to be met. I'd love to see Nova too. :-(

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  13. libregkd -

14. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

MORE NOTES ABOUT THE PHASE 3 MOVIES:

CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR
    This will indeed be an adaptation of the comic storyline about the Superhero Registration Act. Aside from Chris Evans, the only other confirmed cast members are Robert Downey, Jr., and Chadwick Boseman debuting as Black Panther.

DOCTOR STRANGE
    Kevin Feige says the intent for this movie is to open up a whole new corner of the cinematic universe, specifically mentioning parallel dimensions, quantum mechanics, string theory, and the supernatural.

BLACK PANTHER
    The film will center around the character T'Challa. He might even appear as early as Age of Ultron, as there are reports of his nemesis Klaw being spotted in the teaser trailer.

Here's some concept art:

[​IMG]

THOR: RAGNAROK
    Kevin Feige says that this will be the key film of Phase 3. It picks up right after Age of Ultron, and will take Thor to a new level. Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston are the only confirmed cast members. Feige also confirmed that Ragnarok does mean "the end of all things" in this context.

THE AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR

[​IMG]

Both parts of Infinity War will cover the war against Thanos, who featured in the stinger to The Avengers and was central (supposedly; I still haven't seen it ;__;) to the plot of Guardians of the Galaxy. Kevin Feige says, "We've always had a plan since Nick Fury broke into Tony Stark's house and told him he's part of a bigger universe. 'Avengers: Infinity War Part 1' is the beginning of the culmination of everything that has come before."

CAPTAIN MARVEL
    This movie will be about Carol Danvers as Captain Marvel. The film has been in the works about as long as Guardians of the Galaxy and Doctor Strange. A big challenge in putting the movie together was trying to balance her earthbound adventures and her cosmic powers.

INHUMANS
    The movie will introduce dozens of characters into the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Feige says that the Marvel team believes that the Inhumans could be a franchise, or even a series of franchises unto themselves, with the dozens of powers and amazing social structure. With this as the 20th movie in the MCU, they wanted to continue to refine what the universe was about. (Vin Diesel may or may not be involved, as per an interesting social media post in August.)

Last edited: Nov 1, 2014
  15. Ghost King's Apprentice

Yesss! A Black Panther Movie! My dream is a reality. And I'm also looking forward to the Captin Marvel and Inhumans movies, makes me wonder who'll they'll cast for Black Bolt though. I swear I will watch evey single one of these.

16. Krowley Moderator

Looking forward to all these, but the Civil War storyline is definitely one of the arcs I wanted to see make it to the big screen. A shame that Marvel doesn't own all it's properties, because I would love to see them tackle House of M or Daredevil's Born Again. I hope to see something like the Annihilation storyline come to light.

17. Ghost King's Apprentice

House of M would definitely be an interesting one to see on screen. Especially with the end of the Amazing Spider-Man movie they would be able to incorporate the weird reality thing Wanda put Peter into at the end of the first issue. It was seriously one of my favorites.

I'm also thinking they should make a Young Avengers movie, but I could also see it as a tv series too.

18. Krowley Moderator

Never read it. I hear mixed thing about it though.

What I actually really just want to see, is the Skrulls coming to light. Just testing who they can and can't trust is always a good way to draw people into the tense story.

19. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Petition for Runaways for Phase 4?[DOUBLEPOST=1414591506][/DOUBLEPOST]Here's a low-quality recording of the teaser trailer for Avengers: Infinity War! And with it...

INFINITY GEM ROUND-UP

1. The Tesseract - Thor; Captain America: The First Avenger; The Avengers - Space Stone
    2. Chitauri Scepter - The Avengers; Captain America: The Winter Soldier - ???
    3. The Aether - Thor: The Dark World - ???
    4. The Orb - Guardians of the Galaxy - Power Stone
    5. ???
    6. ???
    So what might the Mind, Soul, Reality, and Time Stones be...?

I'm willing to bet that the Scepter is the Mind Stone, and the Aether is the Reality Stone. Or either one could be the Soul Stone, I think.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
  20. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Loki has been confirmed to appear in Infinity War Parts 1 and 2, as the Chitauri Scepter is/contains one of the Infinity Stones, and Thanos has unfinished business with the Jotun prince...

[source]